Sign in to follow this  
cabdi-casse

Peace in Somalia

Salam Alaykum brothers and sisters, I have been following news happening in Somalia ever since the war started in December 2006 and I have come to the conclusion that there are 5 steps to bringing peace back to the Horn of Africa. However its easier said than done but these are the steps:

1. Removing Ethiopian troops - I think this is a must and needs to be done sooner rather than later.

2. Removing all Warlords - This is also very important because before the war, these were the guys keeping Somalia from peace and stability. Btw I'm not too sure what these Islamist (i.e Al-Shabaab) motives are, if they are genuine then thats fine by me however if they have other ideas, then I will remove them from Somalia as well.

3. Rebuild - This can only done when the enemies of Somalia are taken care of. Countries like Angola, Eritrea and even Somaliland have rebuilded if people work together.

4. Change Government - Now I'm not too knowledgable on Somalia's politics but if you want a stable country, then you need a stable govt and a strong president who cares about the country. Siad Barre did very well for the country in his fist few years. By the looks of it the TFG can bring no good to Somalia, and Abdillahi Yusuf is only a puppet who sold his soul to the devil (Ethiopia).

5. Work out ties - Now this last bit I wasn't too sure about but Somalia could come to some sort of agreement with neighbours such as Ethiopia over lands such as O g a d e n. So in future there are no wars over land ownership. The same for Kenya and NFD. Also come to some sort of agreement over Somaliland to get it resolved whether to unite or to secede.

However none of this will home unless god wills so Insh'allah Ilaahey khayr aa siiyo Somalia.

These are all pictures of Somalia and areas where Somalis live

somalia_beauty.jpg

This is also Somalia :eek: Mogadishu I think

beach.jpg408573381_2eb793809d_o.jpgsanaagh.jpg

geel10.jpg

If you have more steps or suggestions feel free to add some more and if you have some pics post them as well.

nuune   

1. Removing Ethiopian troops - I think this is a must and needs to be done sooner rather than later.

We didn't have Ethiopia inside Somalia before, and peace wasn't there, so peace basically kuma xirna the removal of Ethiopia from Somalia, they only came there yesterday and can go tomorrow.

2. Removing all Warlords - This is also very important because before the war, these were the guys keeping Somalia from peace and stability.

Warlords were removed, all of them sent to exile on 2006, and peace didn't come, xagee salaada iska qaban la'dahay marka.

There must be other factors!!!!!!!!!!

nuune   

Yeah, and its disaster plus disaster after disaster, so to deal with disaster one at a time is good, but how!

If there is no general agreement against the removal of Ethiopia, or against the warlords(remember every warlord is supported by his clan), then it wouldn't be easy to achieve peace that easily.

And the warlords would stay there with or without Ethiopia removal.

the so called Al-shabaab are even making alot of divisions between people, so I don't see any easy solution for Somalia.

Waxaa la dhihi jirey kud ka guur oo qanja u guur

I have been following news happening in Somalia ever since the war started in December 2006

If you think that the war in Somalia started in 2006, then all of your 5 step peace process bears nothing.

I have been following news happening in Somalia ever since the war started in December 2006

If you think that the war in Somalia started in 2006, then all of your 5 step peace process bears nothing.

Walaal I know the war started long before 2006 but I didn't really follow any news on it until 2006. Somalia has been in war ever since I can remember, I fled from the war in 1988, so only since 2006 did I wake up to it.

Nuune - I know that Somalia would have to overcome many obstacles before peace will ever come. So insh'allah with Allah's help we can overcome this crisis.

ilax   

Then, oodo dhacamaded si u kala sareyan baa loo kala qaadaa. In ciidanka shisheyo ka baxo inaysan nabad deg deg ah keenin baa dhici karta, laakin xalkii nabada ayay sura galinkartaa.

Arintii shalay, tan maanta waa ay ka duwanthay.Salaadiba si kuu qabataa loo tukudaa.

Saas oola, nuune sxb.

Originally posted by nuune:

Yeah, and its disaster plus disaster after disaster, so to deal with disaster one at a time is good, but how!

If there is no general agreement against the removal of Ethiopia, or against the warlords(remember every warlord is supported by his clan), then it wouldn't be easy to achieve peace that easily.

And the warlords would stay there with or without Ethiopia removal.

the so called Al-shabaab are even making alot of divisions between people, so I don't see any easy solution for Somalia.

Waxaa la dhihi jirey kud ka guur oo qanja u guur

This is true, that's why somali's need to go their separate ways. Somalinimo died in 1991.

The problem in Southern Somalia is Warlordism. If the warlords are removed and sidelined from politics starting from Col. Yey right down to Mohamed Dheere. Then there is hope on the horizon. But so long that the warlords are given positions of leadership, the Ethiopians will not leave an inch and the place will be as rundown as ever.

So in short, getting rid of the warlords is the key to stability and peace.