Sign in to follow this  
Malika

A Woman of Faith

Malika   

Asalaam Aleykum,

Question to the sisters;

What does it means to you being a woman of faith?

Are you able to distinguish between the ‘traditional role of women’ and the religious requirements and obligation of women within your faith?

How does your faith impact on your way of life, achievement and success?

smile.gif

-Lily-   

That would depend on the role you are playing Malika.

The basics I would say are:

Praying 5 times a day

Modesty

Kindness

chubacka   

jst to take your last q. I think it depends if you are conciously trying to implement the deen in your life, its one thing to kinda `know` you are muslim, like children do but when you try an put that belief into practise it does have a huge role to play in daily life. Like Lily, said, Salah, dress, good actions, not lying! Faith is all encompassing if you want to commit fully to it.

Belief also comes with great spiritual rewards, I believe it when they say that ppl who have a faith tend to be more content.

(btw your tread seems a great title for a book)

Aaliyyah   

To me being a woman of faith means to meet the basic requirements of Islam. That starts with imaan, to believe and then to act through praying my 5 prayers on daily basis, fasting in Ramadan, paying zakat, and going to hajj (sadly am yet to pay a visit to Hajj...inshallah I will).Those are the basic, but Islam transcends those acts and has important role in every aspect of our lives. The best thing about being a woman of faith is being able to find answers in whatever issue or problem that you are confronting. Faith is a gift that Allah swt has bestowed upon us, and we should be very grateful through practicing it to the best of our ability.

May Allah swt bless us and guide us to the right path.

salaaam

Blessed   

What does it means to you being a woman of faith?

I'm wrking towards weaving the following verse into my psych and for it be a true reflection of me.. verse: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds"

Are you able to distinguish between the ‘traditional role of women’ and the religious requirements and obligation of women within your faith?

Yes, I suppose. This is an area where there's a lot of misinterpretations by traditionalists and modernists alike, you do have to do your own research.

It puts things into perspective. What we consider success for instance can actually take us away from our real purpose or make you lose sight of it. The clarity can be liberating and leads to the contentment Chuba mentions.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Blessed*:

quote: What does it means to you being a woman of faith?

I'm wrking towards weaving the following verse into my psych and for it be a true reflection of me.. verse:
"Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds"

Yes, I suppose. This is an area where there's a lot of misinterpretations by traditionalists and modernists alike, you do have to do your own research.

It puts things into perspective. What we consider success for instance can actually take us away from our real purpose or make you lose sight of it. The clarity can be liberating and leads to the contentment Chuba mentions.
Hey, thats the Aminah of SOL ala 2002...she's been gone for a minute. Spurts of wisdom...spurts of wisdom... smile.gif