Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Clinton: 'white Americans' Want Me!

Clinton touts support from 'white Americans'

Posted: 12:03 PM ET

Clinton campaigned in Washington Thursday.

(CNN) — In what appear to be the New York senator's most blunt comments to date regarding a racial division in the Democratic presidential race, Hillary Clinton suggested Wednesday that "White Americans" are increasingly turning away from Barack Obama’s candidacy.

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," Clinton said in an interview with USA TODAY.

Clinton cited an Associated Press poll "that found how Senator Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

"There's a pattern emerging here," she said.

Exit polls from Tuesday's primaries in Indiana and North Carolina show Clinton won about 60 percent of the white vote in both states. That percentage is down from the Ohio primary on March 4, in which Clinton won upwards of 65 percent of the white vote. Meanwhile, Clinton garnered 63 percent of the white vote in Pennsylvania on April 22.

Speaking with the paper, Clinton rejected the notion her comments were racially divisive in any way.

"These are the people you have to win if you're a Democrat in sufficient numbers to actually win the election," she said. "Everybody knows that."

Obama spokesman Bill Burton called Clinton's statements "not true and frankly disappointing."

Fabregas   

I still don't understand the difference( policy wise) between Hilary and Obama? Why all the fuss about Obama( particularly from Somalis)?

Emperor   

This lady is using anything, swipes all cards and even goes one step further to dry all the overdrafts available... Clinto camp have always employed dirty politiks and compaign, this is another line whispered to her, laakiin way is ceebaynaysaa...

Baashi   

Adduunyoow xaalkaa ba'a. Abu Geeljire doesn't know what the all the fuss about my man Obama is about!! Where do you live buddy. Please do tell if you would.

By any chance, are you aware of the fact that there are invisible and artificial barriers that impeded blacks and other minority groups from advancing to senior leadership positions?

This intelligent and talented man intends to break that glass ceiling so one day my lil boy will be able to say "yes blacks can" rule and administer an entriprise as big as the US is. Chew that pal.

Baashi   

Yes it is about race. In America, the color of your skin matters. As unfortunate as that may seem to you, it is a reality. Baba don't be naive. This world is a rough place.

This man wants to change that. He is asking Americans to consult their consciousness and cast their votes on the basis of merit. Ironically he is saying don't deny me your vote because I'm black!

Pretty telling, is it not, when 60 year old Harvard garduate, and illetrate Apalacian red neck agree that they cannot trust someone to lead America not because he lacks experience or for that matter administrative capacity but because he is balck??

N.O.R.F   

The Americans just seem to enjoy throwing the race card in people's face! The media will play it up and so will the arm chair politicians but to come from an opponents mouth (Hilary) is what gets me.

This race has less to do with policy and more to do with appearance.

It will be interesting if Barack wins. Maybe I will pay much more attention but I doubt it. Not until November anyway.

Emperor   

^Hillary is all gone, no chance to chatch up, even the republicans have started to treat Obama as their opponent in the general election and thrown the lady out of the contest....

Here is the republicans national commitee website advert propaganda showing and attacking Obama while Mcain is the man for the Job... now its most likely all coming down to the top job, no more democrat contest...

Link

Xiinow, Adeer,ma nabad baa?

Let me tell you this,Mrs Clinton aint going nowhere. She will "bloody up" Obama's chances really.

She will win Jun 3rds WV & KY races & come close to South Dakota...Then Obama wins Montana and P/Rico(which will be too late) & then she will sue the DNC for Michigan and Florida..all the way to the convention. :(

^^^No Farax adeer Obama only needs 180 delegates, thus he will pick up in all the six contests. He needs not win any.

Plus the super delegates are switching. Hill has no chance, if she wants to get VP and her debts paid she needs to be nice.

Also Oregon, SD , Montana are Obama's. The contest is done with.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^No Farax adeer Obama only needs 180 delegates, thus he will pick up in all the six contests. He needs not win any.

Plus the super delegates are switching. Hill has no chance, if she wants to get VP and her debts paid she needs to be nice.

Also Oregon, SD , Montana are Obama's. The contest is done with.

Dukie,it aint about the math,she knows she wont catch up, it is all about "blooding Obama" up. She just wants to get to a number too close,and damage Obama so much(play the race card over and over),and then convince everyone that Obama will be beaten by mccain. that is the issue here.

The math is against her,every one knows,and so does Obama. None of them can make it to the magical number. So,she wants MI & FL.

MI, FL wont save her. The lasy is in debt, the perception has shifted and even the media talking points. Wene you have Tim Russert of MSNBC and Time Magazine declaring Obama is the presumptive nominee, then its over.

She will bow out, even her cose aides are talking about an early June exit.

Obama has shifted focus to Mcain.