Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Attention Nomads! Concerns for Forum Quality

Wiilo   

Hon talk about whatever u feel like talking about, and if u are shy about talking period pains then don't. I would talk about that eaither redface.gif:D;)

Go figure:............

OG_Girl   

LoooL I don't mean I would talk period pain was just an example. There is a lot of topics concern sisters and some of us don't like guys share or even read it!!

So my point was If Admin could make thread for only sisters exchange/Debate with out brothers!!

By the way All Arab/Muslim forums have sisters private room, only girls have access to enter by special permision from Admin/Moderators.

Salam

Wiilo   

Hay I get u but I just wanna to kinda start "Dhib" with you,,,,,,,,,,(I was kiddin) come on gal,,,,,,,,,,,,,ha u bixin...

Go figure:..........

OG Girl:

I think thats the main reason why we dont discuss serious health issues or any other sensitive issue to do with women...because this is a public forum and sisters are embarassed and/or shy about bringing up or discussing such topics which is perfectly normal and understandable.

And Im not encouraging people to start talking about those subjects because somethings are just "CEEB" and shouldnt be talked about in public.

What Im saying is: Are there any topics that you sisters had running through ur minds and u thought would be interesting to share?

I would like to talk about why somali/muslim homes are not the best learning environments for children? Islamic Knowledge that is. I'm still thinking about it and getting my thoughts together, and would post it soon inshallah.

Wiilo   

Sis Very good Topic to Start:

"Why somali/muslim homes are not the best learning environments for children?"

You have raise an Excellent Q/piont here, I will try to give my opinion on this, first, if there is a lack of the education (Diin iyo Maadi) of any kind for the parents then the kids will not have an learning environment. Parents must be well educated, have the willingness to teach their children and make home an environment where the children can get and be educated. It all stars with the parents dear .

Bismilaah:.........

Asalam aleykum al,

Thank you all..I read nice comments and moves here.If I should say we should leave it for sisters to sort out their territory.. smile.gif You can put conditions.

The admin can adjust his shots not to allow some of us in but that still won't make anything important.

We are intertwined..Na'mean WOMEN/MEN..there is no way you can go on a topic without actually sorting things out with us..No wonder SOL was feminised loong ago..There is no MEN sextion..if you check the home directory for once.

Anyways we sometime post some nice articles related to women and how US men would like our sisters to be..

Some of our men are in Research, IT or are normal bachelors and can share your experiences and put them in Campus studies and elsewhere.We need them smile.gif

Last and last, assume that on this occasion, for once and ONLY smile.gif myself, will say bye :cool: to this thread until we reduce HATRED..you have openly showed it.

I am sorry if anyone ever got the slightest problem with me.

Thanks all,

Wasalam aleykum,

Ibraheem's smile.gif

I think some ppl are taking SOL 2 seriously.....sida iney ka mid tahay camal noloshooda maalmeed.

dadow waxaad ogaatiin in bini aadamka kala duwan yihiin, waxa aad adiga u aragtid muhiim waxaa dhici karta inaan aniga kula fikrad eheen....sidaas daraadeed lets just compromise eh

Caveman   

^Simply_the_best

From: maxaa kaa galay? …..replace that with Canada plz ….waa is kashiftay … compromise “ehâ€â€¦â€¦..

Oh and for the topic I feel my input is useless here. But, I am equally curious why there isn’t any “Man’s section†on SOL, where guys can discuss Family, fatherhood, Profession, education etc…

Salam!

Later

The reason why there is always no interesting topic discussed among ourselves is because we don't like to talk about something beneficial and serious at the same time. We like to mock and joke around with each other, so as to entertain and do things for the sake of entertainments.

An evidence for that? Well, check our Odayaal, how they talk and behave for each other. May be we're running in the decline period of our good intellegence, and may Allah save that from our future somali generations, Aamiin.

Pacifist   

Oky let me begin

Global women issues but most importantly Somali women.

* How to become good role models for our younger sisters.

*Reproductive health issues(pills, patches,Menstrual cycle, Menopause,Pregnancy or birth, infertility, Contraceptions at any age)

*Abortion(Biggest arrising problem)

*Anorexia(Many younger girls are safering from this because they want to be slim...Cover Girls)

*Eating Disorders

*Domestic violence

*Creating SISTERHOOD CIRCLES..ie EMAIL LIST, MAYBE CREATING NETWORK FOR ALL OUR SOL SISTER IN MEDICINE, SOL SISTERS IN BUSINESS, International Relations (thats my field),Psychologist, Engineers,(Exchanging ideas on MCATS for the doctors,internships,Fellowships)

*HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES( Women suffering all over the world simple ways to help them and learn from their struggles. This is my area of expertise. I will take a intiative to post much about this.

*Sisterhood from our religions perpective(Following the women of paradise)What we can learn from them? And How we can melt it with our daily activities?

*Looking at the roles that somali women play in our society. Ways we can better understand and improve?

*Education

*Ways to deal with Discrimination in our Society?

*Female Genital Mutilation

*Sister becoming Mentors like big Sisters for our youngsters..Programs

*What we can learn from our Mothers?

Sisters they are so many issues but this is what i could come up with at the moment and i know some of this issues have been discussed before maybe updates on them. I am suggesting maybe some of the sol sisters can take an issue and research it. Usually what interest them alot. Their is so much to be accomplished and we can all learn from them.

My brothers are welcome to contribute in a useful and good manner.

I hope that helps. I will be back later to contribute more.

P.s let me know what you think?

HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES( Women suffering all over the world simple ways to help them and learn from their struggles. This is my area of expertise. I will take a intiative to post much about this.

I disagree with that term. All humans are Ok but Muslims. So the proper term for such issues is The Muslim Rights Abuse, I believe. Yeah, if you look at the world today, you only find the Muslims are predominantly the majority that is highly oppressed and victimized. So, please don't copy-cat the western terms and use against us while having no idea the implications along such terms.

..I think there will be no problem when Hasna talks about "HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE"..this topic can be re-arranged to help us deal and stay nicely with our sisters..

I always pray our men understand the role our women play and give their due rights.They shouldn't be subjected to anything to do with inhumanity.

But take am ain't talking about revoking some ISLAMIC modesty as Musharraf was telling Blair..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4074377.stm

Our Religion is Sacred.

As for menstruation and Iddat..and all this items..please refer to the Holy Quraan at the following site:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran

..I think there will be no problem when Hasna talks about "HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE"..this topic can be re-arranged to help us deal and stay nicely with our sisters..

I always pray our men understand the role our women play and give their due rights.They shouldn't be subjected to anything to do with inhumanity.

But take am ain't talking about revoking some ISLAMIC modesty as Musharraf was telling Blair..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4074377.stm

Our Religion is Sacred.

As for menstruation and Iddat..and all this items..please refer to the Holy Quraan at the following site:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran