Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Re-Styled Somali clothes!!!

Hibo   

Girls, what do u think...we post to each other, new ways to wear or shape our traditional clothes... as u can see, indians n pakistanis do design their clothes..yet we seem to admire it when we see it...why don't we make our own the same way?.. Why don't we start up a joint where we can share ideas on how to wear different clothes in different styles...we can add pictures or simply text..r u guys in???

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

Heeey about a carefully selsected Dirac wid jeanes. just da dirac in on da sides!

I think that is gonna look hectic 4 riwaayads and arooses .. wat do ya think!

I think the whole toob iyo googarad bissness need 2 be re-desing. the dose da skirt have to be soooo huge?

Taqwa   

hmmm interesting, but stick to your traditional ways sisters. I hate to be scared with fashion, after all we are all representing somalia in our own unique ways.

Cheers,

Taqwa smile.gif

Buubto   

Hibo that is good idea. I surely want to change the material of the dirac is so visible. It would be good idea if the skirts & short soft gogorads were attached with the skirt. We surely need to be more modern in terms of cloth clour. Look our ladies some of their cloth colors is so old fashion, it would be good idea if we select something modern not so eye capturing & against our religion, but something modern & legal. I surely want our ladies to improve being floor wiper, is amazing how they help the cleaner while they shopping lol. I pied attention to Arab ladies that wearing same cloth as us but they not wiping the flour, yet they fully covered. How about if we design guntiino in a way that is not body revealing like covering the body revealing part different material. That will surely suit the older ladies. That is my suggestions any way.

P.s is there any nomad in this forum who is cloth maker or cloth designer? It would be helpful.

Hibo   

MMA: why r u in every discussion...some of them belong to ladies only...so bax! wink.gif

Ammenah.. hhmmm I don't know about that but I will certainly try it.. n see how I like it... I wil get back to u on that...

Taqwa: don't worry...what ever we come up with, won't be disaapointment...

Buubto: U know actually I was thinking about a way, that we can wear our guntiino, without having to go through all the hassles...u know, wareejis, than dhuujis, than xerxeritaan, coz many ppl don't know how to do it...I was thinking merely about, fixing that guntiino problem...

N yes we should redesign the aqwaan/or religious clothes coz walaahi its not funny, how they pick up all dirt....so lets put our heads together n work it out....coz they said, " two heads r better than one".

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

Ameeeeenah i like your idea, why dont you try it when you and fanky counsin going to ruwaya with jeens, try it girl, like you alwasy said anything would look great with you two.

Baydan   

Can one of you teach me like how to walk with dirac I cant help stumbling and making a scene whenever I do wear one lol

oh I love guntiino I think that's the sexiest getup invented by mankind..

hibo

I'm into narrow chick skirts..aslong as they're fashionable and trendy Eddie Baeur, express and banana republic is where you mostly find them.

Buubto

My younger sister is actually studying designs and cloth making at university level (she is sophomor) but she doesnt visit the site..any information you would like me to carry to her?..she is recently designing some xijaabs as class project..I think she's got potential into becoming something big..pretty soon..

Keep it comin' girls..

[This message has been edited by Baydan (edited 04-12-2002).]

I love my sisters who wear hijab, but it isn't neccessary to wear every single color in the rainbow at ones. Yellow hijab, with purple shirt, with poker dot neon green/pink skirt with red sneakers and a blue bag. You don't want to look hideous.

To get back on the subject something that matches couldn't hurt. I actually thought about designing stylish clothes for Somali ladies. From indha-shareerato to hip hop chicks @ some point. I would have called it FYBM For you by me

Hibo   

There is nothing sexier than a Somali woman 18-30 years wearing a diric in downtown toronto!

Please girls wear diric to college and I will wear my macawiis!

Nabadgelyo

Salaan...

Indhofuur:

LooooooL. Yeah, I am with you. Actually, I am wearing my macawiis right now. But only in front of this screen. wink.gif You know what, last summer I did, in fact, wear macawiis to outside for several nights. And the staring was perfect and setting. It made me feel more proud to be a fellow nomad. And you know also what, the Pakistanis who worked the gas station I used to buy several groceries sometimes couldn't believe me with my macawiis. They were--from their wild-gazed eyes--bewildered. smile.gif

And by the way, even this gaal is wearing macawiis so why should we feel something if we wear it in public.

nzryansomaliskirt.jpg

Macsalaama!!

MMA.

next time post you wearing macawiis not gaalo hokey cwm1.gif

and don't act like too that you wear macawiis caus i seen you walking with dabagaab and sasamaaniko last summer loool.

peace brother.

Hibo   

LOL@ MMA....its funny. How much did u pay hi to wear that?

Girlzz, I also have a problem with wearing diric...its worst than high heels. I would love new ideas for redesigning hijaabs for Somali ladies, summer time is coming and we don't want to see gray and purple colors parading around Dixon. Any fashion designers in the house? Laterz.

Buubto   

Hibo

Yeah it would be fantastic if the guntiinos were designed into a way that we could easily wear it without wareeji, gees ka xir all that hassale, actually it was one of my ideas as well good thinking. I surely want the dirac makers in ey ku hoos tolaan matiriyaal shabaho mise isleh siduu u noqon visible. Well sis the hijab girls including me lol though I don’t wipe the floor. Some of these girls need big help even selecting the material & it’s color. My other idea is how about if the gabasaar & the dirac hadey isku kor tolaan lahaayeen for example some women ayaa jecel in ey gabasaarta qoorta un ka soo laa laa diyaan so inta ey mar waliba toosin lahayeen it would have being better off hadii la isku kor tolilahaa si qurux badan. & we surely need to change the way the dirac is designed that is just too boring we could make it look like bit modern I am talking the qaarka hoose rather than being just straight what do u think?

Baydan

Girl is time ur younger sister to help us we r totally experiencing fashion breakdown. We need help I am not talking about body revealing no no a cover one that is legal in terms of our religion.

Ladies come on lets help each other we surely need cloth designers to help us as well. This is good subject by the way. Peace ppl.

MMA@lol biggrin.gif

cwm26.gif ar adigaa. hadana igaar cad oo macawis wato aad keentay cajiib. Waaba ku qurxanyahay kaneeto lol noogasiib macawista igaar somaliyeed lee loogu talagalay lol. cwm7.gif