Sign in to follow this  
Sister1000

Typical personality traits that somali guys have

CONGRATZ

Thanks to everyone that answered my question, especially those people who made the inappapriate comments, because you have made me realise its way better for me to marry my own kind. From what I've heard, from just a minority of some somali guys on here portrays to me clearly how some somali guys are personality-wise. I think its a good thing (no offense to the good somali guys) that some people here have literally managed to put me off 100% from marrying a somali guy.

WOW, Some guys in snother race just made me realise how guys in my race are the most suitable and best choice for me to marry.

THANKS

How intelligent of you to generalise for a whole culture. Just because, some people follow a certain evil pratice in a culture, doesnt mean everyone in the culture follows that practice.

WTH? Seriously, you need to get a life. Clearly, you havent got one!

[ June 08, 2009, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

Originally posted by Sister1000:

How intelligent of you to generalise for a whole culture. Just because, some people follow a certain evil pratice in a culture, doesnt mean everyone in the culture follows that practice.

WTH? Seriously, you need to get a life. Clearly, you havent got one! [/QB]

so what you're saying is, i shouldn't be judging people based on what a minority say or practice? correct?

Now, if only you practiced what your preached

you have a point to make; pls drop the offensive approach. Sheherazade.

[ June 08, 2009, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

sister let me see if i got this whole thing right.

you think a Somali guy 'might' like you, and you are already thinking of how marriage to this Somali guy would be like by coming to a public forum and asking "what are somali guys are like" and based on replies from random people you have already made up your mind that you do not want to marry a guy ... who you think 'might' like you and has not even approached you ???

the mental gymnastics involved in your thought process are strange to say the least :D

Gabadha kaxishooda waryaa, marti ayay inooku tahay meesha ee yaan la'iskugu tagin.

Sister100, you never spoke to this brother and you wanted to marry him, how?

What I gathered from your posts here and your general interest in Somali culture, I think you are looking for a Somali brother. We have a range of good and eligible brothers looking to get married in this forum, one is White-Somali of irish background by the name Cadaan, the other is called Tuujiyee. PM them and good luck to you searching for your soulmate, may you find a man worth the search and live happy together.

One info for you, they won't ask your family for a dowry but this is what is demanded if you want to be the wife of a Somali man. You must fully integrate to the Somali culture, properly learn the Somali language and always stay and act like one so that your children will be full Somalis and not half-half. It's simple and easy condition, I am sure you can do it.

NB: Please, gabadha hakawaalina soo dhaweeya, wax usheega oo cadaan baan siinaynaa, iyagaa wax laba dhinac ah nagasoo raadsadayee iyaga lee hala isku rakibo.

Originally posted by Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg:

Maxaa u aflagaadeyneysaa gabadhaan see u timidba. Wah. If they eat curry, maxaa cuntaa adiga iyo Soomaalida kaleba? Calooleey iyo cad iyo caano ceyriin dhaamin lee cunaan ama cuni jireen Soomaalida, which includes you.

Afxumada kala har, she is an outsider marti ah and deserves an extra ixtiraam, even if she is generalizing us Soomaalis. Si macquul ugu sheegi kartaa.

[ June 08, 2009, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

ADNAAN   

They are pushover trust me, if you have what it takes and know which buttons to push you can get away with a lot. I assume you don't need no introduction to their good looks smile.gif

Chimera   

Sister1000 let me apologize for Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg, secondly i do think it's best that you married a person from your own ethnic group, because if one forum can turn you off, imagine what would happened if you and your Somali husband received those type of comments in real life?, clearly you need to be a person that can withstand ignorance and bigotry, it's those type of interracial relationships that last.

wish you well.

btw why are half of the replies in his topic in Af Somali? It's rude for me because i only understand half of it and even worse for our Pakistani sister who understands none of it, be considerate!

Ibtisam   

Qabi-Adeyg :eek: :eek: You need to put a sock in it. Seriously that is very rude.

Sister1000, if you judge somalis based on the responses of a forum, then it would be unfair. In anycase, like Adam said, people may and will say worse things in real life. Some serious thick skin is needed for interracial marriages. Everything is that more complicated.