Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

SOMALI PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS LIVE ON TV!

Xoogsade   

Macruuf, The people who casted the votes weren't tribally conscious, Because if they were, Many of them wouldn't have voted for Abdullahi Yusuf. The contenders lost because they didn't get the votes needed. Are they failures because they should have voted along tribal lines? Is that what you are saying?

As for the people of Xamar spoiling something for others, Well, if this effort is FOR OTHERS IN THE FIRST PLACE, Then they have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. But if it is something for everyone, they have their part to play to make it work. So long as the outcome of this and the leadership works for the interests of all, it has the chance to succeed. There is no group of somalis deserving leadership over others. Leadership is co-operative effort that fails once it becomes personalized and others hold on their support from you. All previous failures were due to disagreements and people not wanting to co-operate with each other. This should be clear by now. It is not about people of Xamar failed and didn't take advantage of their chance or vice versa for that is the psychology of those who believe leadership should be tribal, one year this family ruling, the other year that family ruling. Don't you find such mentality very lowly?

Salaan...

Xoogsade, true and sax, brother. I wholly concur with you.

What I wrote was a little reminder those who are going to play the tribal card in the upcoming days, which will be certain. I am sure some will play this tribal card, whom my stern message was intended to.

If they want to play a tribal card, they had their chances in 14 years. No more. They have to give their critical support this at-last government, and I am afraid they might spoil, God forbid.

As my sister loves to say, "dowkalee doowrad ernoo!" (Maanta lee shaleey ha dhahno; yacni ha naga tagto masiibadaan.) Ee haloo duceeyo dowladaan, since I am tired living this freak frozen land.

Xoogsade   

Macruuf, We will just have to wait and see how things play out smile.gif

I don't think this time differences are too deep and something can be worked out that satisfies those who consider and equate Somali governance with their personal interests(the polititians). Remember, it is and always has been the man who is seeking positions of power and influence that dictated the outcome and the success of any reconciliation meeting in the past, not the average person in any Somali town. The guys in Nairobi seem to have agreed for now on the surface and each one pledging to work with the rest. If they hold on to their promises and pledges of co-operation, This will work for sure. So far, they are lined up for other JOBS in the Future now that they missed the big one LOL.

Really sad that the future of Somalis are bound by some men's interests and happiness. Hope this time they are mature and understand the gravity of failure.

My Only fear is Abdullahi yusuf to become another Failed Muslim Leader who appeases the enemies of Islam by cracking down on Islam and Muslims by accusing them to be terrorists. I hope Ethiopia stays out of this and doesn't cause Abdullahi's Failure.

Juxa   

sa wr wb.

I accept whoever is capable of bringing a lasting peace to dadka somaliyeed.

sadly, the prediction does not look good. i just hope that people realise the nation is tired of the fighting, the hunger and the lack of proper functioning government.

when is enough, really enough?

Rahima   

My Only fear is Abdullahi yusuf to become another Failed Muslim Leader who appeases the enemies of Islam by cracking down on Islam and Muslims by accusing them to be terrorists. I hope Ethiopia stays out of this and doesn't cause Abdullahi's Failure.

This, sad to say is an almost certainty. We are going to need a miracle for this to happen (Ethiopia to not interfere). Ethiopia and the US have being itching for years for this opportunity. Let’s hope (a very big hope) that CY dampens this for them. I can’t see that happening, but nonetheless miracles have happened before.

nuune   

wax un wey soo baxen, wax la'aan unbaa darnaan lahaa,

waan taageerayaa haduu somalida mideenayo wax u qabanyo wadanka qaranimada soo celinayo daacad uu yahay dadku u wada simanyihiin diintana ku dhaqamaya aan qabyaalad isticmaaleeyn, ilaahoow intaas ka dhig inuu noqdo, aamiin

Paragon   

Nuune, sxb, waa runtaa oo dowlada xun dowlad la'aan bey dhaantaa.

me and you me accept whatever the outcome is for the love of peace and nationhood, but dadka qaarkiis nabada ay Somalida gaarto ayey ka xajiimoodaan. I don't know why laakiin. smile.gif

cabdullahi_yusuf_president3.jpg

Those of us whose want of peace is honest accept him to be a president. So long as the civil society lives in peace, we can live with other short-comings.

PS: I favoured Cadow since I thought he was well-equiped for the job. However, the Somali people voted C/Y as president. And I am commanded by the majority of my people. what they want is what I want.

Rahima   

^ I think most Somalis are in that boat. I have yet to come across any person who wants CY to fail, everyone I know of is praying for success.

To support the government does not mean that one has to sing the praises of any leader whilst overlooking any possible problems. We have to be realistic, it's not like it's going to be an easy smooth transition.

We therefore, have to accept the good with the bad for the love of peace and nationhood.

At least that's how i see it smile.gif

Paragon   

"We therefore, have to accept the good with the bad for the love of peace and nationhood."

Indeed, Rahima. May Allah make our future more pleasant than Warlordism.

Rahima   

^ Aamiin brother, Aamiin.

At this point, we are so desperate, we will accept almost anything besides warlordism.