Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

KENYA: Warming up to Somaliland

BORAMA (Somalilandpress) — Despite enjoying some relative peace the breakaway republic of Somaliland remains unrecognized by the international community. But Kenya which has a significant number of expatriates in the region is reassessing its position.

Yassin Juma was in Somaliland to find out why Kenya which has been backing the Transitional Federal government of Somalia is now warming up to Somaliland.

Thankful   

The Kenyan deputy speaker is a ethnic Somali named Farah Maalim. He most likely was paid off to make the trip or because he is from the ONLF region he may be doing this in protest against Somalia or Puntland.

The Deputy speaker needs to realize that even though he is Somali, he is part of Kenya's government and should stop interfering with Somalia's affairs.

Thankful   

Very fair video. One thing I noticed is that you didn't see any NW Somali flags on any of the militia or none of the residents came out waving it. You would think that with the camera's people would come out in support.

The people know that they will never see Reer Sool running for any high position if NW Somalia had an election. They see that even in Mogadishu the Foreign minister is from Sool, in Puntland the Vice President is from Sool, so for them it is quite easy to decide who they want.

Habsaade like so many other warlords follows who will pay him more.

GAAROODI   

thankful sp...looool ! "saxib no one cares about sool, the land is mine, you can move to mugdisho, or bosaso or disney land for that matter, but las canod is mine, do you know why its mine because my flag the red,white and green flys over it.

i got my country back, not because i protested, or hid a bomb on the side of the road, i won my country back by killing every soldeir i saw, by straping their leggs with rope attached to two different cars and ripping them apart. I won my country by force, if you have the guts come, if not keep your mouth closed

Thankful   

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

do you know why its mine because my flag the red,white and green flys over it.

Like I said, I didn't seen any of your flags in that video; not a single one! In the other video by this reporter, I saw the flag in Hargeysa, but none in Lascaanod. No militia, vehicles or buildings. The reporter even mentioned when Riyaale's convoy got chased out. :D

Ibtisam   

GAAROODI did you fight in the war or you just like taking credit for things that happened before your birth?

I think you and Thankful should legdan to see who has more strength unless you are one and the same with schizophrenic multiple personalities.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

^^^Viva somaliland reer lascanod inta ismacil mire skoolada loogu dhigi laha waxa loo dhigaya Iebrahien koodbuur iyo kuwii dalka u so halgamay.

:D