Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Pimpiarchy: Pimp = Cool?

Diamante   

Do I make my point?

No, not really. It was a good article, very witty and some straight facts, but the comparisons she made in there are way too differential. Pimping and Human Trafficing are both two heavy concepts and shouldn't be compared easily.

If I remember well, women who allow themselves to be pimped are offering "their services" voluntarily, whereas in the other they don't have much say in it.

Secondly the writer needs to look at the hordes of women who flaunt their "tits and a*ses" on those video's. They allow themselves to be called b!tches, be degraded, humilated, devalued and made look cheap. To be honest, that's exactley what they are. Let those dudes pimp them out, let them go home to their sugar daddies every night.

On the other hand, little girls as young as 13 and out on the streets making that doe for Sugar Daddies, well that is another issue on it's own. It's peadophilia, and the writer of that article might need to recognise that.

It was an enjoyable read, most of the points she made seemed arguable, however she touched on some points that she shouldn't generalize to Pimping alone.

How is that nelly video diffrent than the Xalimo's who willingly shake their booty to the beats of Niiko songs in our weddings???

I never had a shred of respect for any xalimo who choose's to wrap a masar around her booty and wiggle it around for the mass to watch!!!

how degrading..

Nephissa   

Many women just like guys who dog them. That is why the pimp is able to make a living. They know the pimp does not give a damn about them, yet they sell their bodies. What can I say. The more some of the Rappers defame women the more women seem to run after them. Akhas

Nephissa   

Oh almost forgot to respond to Micheal Jackson: How is Nelly swipping a credit card on some hoochie's **** crack similar to Niiko?

Niiko is a traditional/cultural Somali dance. Nothing wrong with doing little niiko on your friend, sister, brother's wedding. Blame the guys who secretly tape wedding videos to make collection of Niiko so they can get high while chewing Qaad. I bet its OK for you to watch and not respect the girls?

Stop degrading Somalis yourself.

shyhem   

Have u guys noticed of all the races on earth,blackmen are the only grown ups who brag about pimping.Sleepig with many women is every man's dream but earning u'r shillings from what is btw a woman's legs is really disgusting!

Baashi,

Try this: three libton tea bags with 1/16†long qorfe stick, two heel seeds, and 1/8 sanjabeel dust, and one cup of hot water. This dose can make any novice appreciate the healing power of shaah. This is a powerful stuff!

Sounds like a cracking cup of tea, awoowe. Maybe you should make me one before I delve into the inner workings of supply driven markets. smile.gif

Chauvinist,

I have a Quetsion for you miss/Mrs VR. Is it that the kids think pimpng is kool, or is that they see cool rappers like nelly and f'tty use words like that, and hence the fear the author is worried about?

I would say the latter precipitates the former.

If you ask me Mrs/Miss VR(i have a feelng theres no MR VR! but thats a diff story), Whats the role of parents in this?. Is it ultimatly teh parents who have responsibility to what kids watch eh>

Depends on the level of awareness parents have of teen and hip-hop sub-cultures. If they don't have a clue, there isn't much they can do, is there? In any case, parents should keep on top of their children's TV and music interests and of course banning them from watching MTV and all other related music channels probably won't hurt.

Um, I sound like a dictator, don't I?

FF, Ameenah, Diamante and Bishaaro:

Yes, I completely agree, its hard to feel any sympathy for those women in music videos. To be completely honest they make me feel quite ill whenever I see one of those video's on TV (all those heaving cleavages and jiggling bums give me motion sickness). In fact, they are the very reason I have given up on listening to urban music at all. Not to mention the fact that they've reversed almost everything black women have fought for so far back a few centuries.

Now...do we want young kids watching that kinda crap on TV on a daily basis? And if not, who is to blame for making these sort of music videos? As far as I am concerned, its the artists who are ultimately responsible and not the dancers nor the extras in their videos.

Shy,

I see your point, but the way you write always makes me recoil.

N_P

I completely agree.

Finally, I think there are some fantastic hip-hop artists out there, but it just seems a shame that the trashiest ones are the most over-whelmingly popular, maybe because they're the most mainstream. Its high time the bona fide artists reclaimed their artform from the pimps and the whores.

Thanks for all the comments.

Bess.   

hip hop culture has always exploited women....i mean for god's sake have any of u heard any of r. kelly's songs..." the jeep song", its always been this way .....i think that it has just gotten too graphic and now everything that was taboo is normal, cause ppl r not satisfied with innuendos any more. these women who r in this business call themselves ho'fessionals, they make alot of money pandering to the lecherous fantasies of these men. besides we r forgetting that these ppl have not been raised in our culture so they neither have the reiligion upbringing nor moral compass we were raised with....all we can hope is that we r neither participating nor enjoying this " phenomena"....as long as there is demand ....the exploitations will continue.....and as long there r ppl who support and think that "it is alright"...for ppl to behave this way....the only solution is to turn away from it....and not participate ....

peace smile.gif

'Pimptastic' Article Velvet.

To confirm his supreme pimpiness to the kids, Nelly got his own soft drink and called it Pimp Juice. He says that PIMP stands for
Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

:D:D

Ever think that black people have a knack for turning all the negetive things into positives? Of course it could all be a result of ignorance and internalized hatred in the black community.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Baashi: Chauvinist, I'm on shaah sxb. U should try it bro. It is better than crack, weed combined! Once u go shaah, u stay shaah...I guaranteed
:D
[/QB]

Baashi, I hear you :D I actually left my seat to grab Shaah as soon I read your post and just came back. I was missing something this morning and found the answer in your post.

Okey, to not screw up the topic and earn the wrath of VR, my comment about the topic is to say Blacks everywhere love women and glitter. Even in the poor Old Somalia, a Mason-Man would work hard all day only in the evening to hand his earning to a prostitute, buy a Bicyle and a huge Radio&recorder to play Music while cycling. They dressed fancy if they could afford and have teeth adorned with Gold as well. May be it is genetics. And I hope my comment wasn't out of line or offended someone. This has been my observation and I am not in denial of being black myself though I would argue I don't share the love of glitter or would go beyond the natural inclination of liking a woman as every man would. It is how we act on our desire that determines our morality.

Guardian-n-Protector

I read your username as "Guardian and Protector of Myself for the right man" and that thought makes me smile. Blowing my own trumpet makes me happy and I always place myself next with you. If I can only afford the Wedding you aspire.

Mr Xoogsade. I beleive you have offended the entire black hip hop fraternity and the black man in general.

Their ingenuity,the creativeness and the ability to make money where-ever 'H-O-E'-ever should not be left unnoticed. Respect! Word.

Back to the topic. Mrs VR, The issue is not about men pimping women or the glorification of the pimps in this new era. Pimps have always been around, women have always been pimped and they gladly accepted it. The biggest PIMP west of washington is a white man, none other than mr hugh heffner. My issue with the author is that she selectively picked a few pimp-issues from here and there and tries to make it sensible.

eitherways, it ultimatly comes down to the parents of these kids who watch and glorify nelly. Plus are you forgetting that this is a capitalist state? where money sex and power gives you respect!?

And i still belive that nelly video was the baddest of all time. :D

juba   

Originally posted by *Chauvinist*:

Mr Xoogsade. I beleive you have offended the entire black hip hop fraternity and the black man in general.

Their ingenuity,the creativeness and the ability to make money where-ever 'H-O-E'-ever should not be left unnoticed. Respect! Word.

you call making money from a video with a bunch of half naked women shaking their asses with a whole bunch of uncomphrhensible cuss words creative? i believe that offends our race. it would be nice if they put that supposed "ingenuity" to better use like helping their fellow peoples in the ghettos or something that would benefit not only their selfish pockets. Imagine the state of blacks today if all these "pimps" and rappers put their money to better use! :mad:

LoL @ Xoogsade. The gold-teeth trend isn't confined to the black community alone. I don't know about the US, but some of the British 'working' class also seem partial to garnishing their molars with gold.

Mrs VR, The issue is not about men pimping women or the glorification of the pimps in this new era. Pimps have always been around, women have always been pimped and they gladly accepted it. The biggest PIMP west of washington is a white man, none other than mr hugh heffner. My issue with the author is that she selectively picked a few pimp-issues from here and there and tries to make it sensible.

I see where you're going Chauv. Good point. The article isn't comprehensive enough, but it's a good place to start, don't you think?

PS: Why the sudden fascination with my marital status?

Xoogsade,

Guardian-n-Protector

I read your username as "Guardian and Protector of Myself for the right man" and that thought makes me smile. Blowing my own trumpet makes me happy and I always place myself next with you. If I can only afford the Wedding you aspire.

Dear X,

If the only deterrant in sending your application my way is financial, then worry no more. I'll make an exception for you. I'll bear 10% of the wedding expenses. icon_razz.gif . But I cannot forgo the stupendous and ostentatious wedding I've been planning since I was a wee toddler.

Baryahan waad idaba qaadatey ma istidhi? :D

P.S Just for future reference, Guardian or Protector is what my real name means in arabic smile.gif

Velvet,

PS: Why the sudden fascination with my marital status?

Heh. Something to do with those raunchy dominatrix boots in ur avator I presume.

NGONGE   

^^^You know what I like about "fish" girls when they speak Somali? (Other than the intoxicating "Wallahi"). I love to see the shock in their faces and hear the words “Alla beenta†when they hear something they don’t believe or agree with.

*** Clears throat ***

** Puts on shocked look **

** Screeches the words “Alla beenta†and rolls eyes **

PS

I thought your real name in Arabic meant rusty hammer! Did you give me the wrong name? I bet the phone number was wrong too ** Ducks before the big guy attacks him **

PPS

VR, despite his colloquial and coarse language, I find myself agreeing with my biggest fan on this site. Can’t really add anything better than what he said.