Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

SOMALILAND ABORTS ITS INDEPENDENCE DRIVE

PasserBy   

Sources in diplomatic circle are telling me the new Somaliland government has abandoned the independence push in exchange for key positions in a new united Somalia. The Islamist/pan-Somalia leader of Somaliland, Silanyo, wants his region to be the center of a federated Somalia.

I'm sure any SL sane Siyaasi knows this project is not working! after 20 years of jaahwareer iyo way dhaqaaqday ,,,,what next? better accept the reality, Kudos to Mr. president Siilaanyo.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Beer-Gaal:

I'm sure any SL sane Siyaasi knows this project is not working! after 20 years of jaahwareer iyo way dhaqaaqday ,,,,what next? better accept the reality, Kudos to Mr. president Siilaanyo.

That is 20 years of peace and progress towards real feasible statehood however slow it might be. You can't possibly be suggesting that Somaliland joins failed state down South. I think that would the definition of insanity if you ask me. The fabric of society and humanity has dissolved in Southern Somalia. Even if peace takes hold in Southern Somalia it would take decades to rehabilitate and heal their psychological wounds back to the norm. Lets not abandon this project in Somaliland lets enforce it with positive attitude and perhaps it might be a great contributer to the future revival of Somalia either as a member of or a venue for peace talks for rebirth of Somalia.

Unreliable sources indicate that Somaliland elections did not happen. In fact, Riyale and Silanyo were not competing but are actually in a plot to hoodwink the good citizens of Somaliland. It is said, they are best of friends and have been sharing the spoils of the state, and will continue to do so. Unconfirmed reports also mention that Silanyo will be crowned the KING of Somalis in East Africa. This kingdom is another way of uniting Somaliland & Somalia through the backdoor with the coronation of Silanyo.

Redsea, 20 years of peace and progress towards...........where? independence !,that is not happening walaal, so instead of infusing pple in NWS with hatred all kinds of cuqdad why not invite somalis to Hargaisa as venue for peace talks , work for the rebirth of greater Somalia ,Perhaps name Hargaisa as New capital city ,and May be Silaanyo as president of Greater Somalia!

RedSea   

Towards where you asked? Well ultimately we strive to exist in environment that allows us to live our lives the way we want. If you considered having a seat in the UN's General Assembly the ultimate goal in life then that is your call. Go ask people in Xamar of what they would rather have. Peace which is invaluable comm amity or mere seat in UN General Assembly? The probability is 99.9% would have loved some sorta relieve from the life they live in despite yes being reprsented by Sh. Dalxiis who is frequent flier to International destinations yet comes back home in armored vehicles. :( Life is nothing if you can't afford or don't have peaceful environment whereby you can raise and watch your kids grow without so much fear of stray bullets and what not. This is where you and I take separate path; you give in so much into the dirty politics's play book and have actually lost sight of the benefits of having to boost about peace and politically stable region. I know this argument is getting rather tiresome, but you have to understand Peaceful ENVIRONMENT is everything and doesn't come easy just go ask folks in Xamar. That is my measuring stick. Are my people doing ok? If so, then having international recognition of my existence can wait.

As for your second part of your post: Well walalo I have no control of the will of the majority. If people of Somaliland decide to reunite with their fellow skinnies down south then hey I'm on-board if they choose stay the way they are then hey I"m on board too. End of day you gotta respect the people's call.

So the whole point was to live Peaceful ENVIRONMENT? you don't get it walaal miyaa ,,,yes it is important for one's survival, but it doesn't mean statehood,nor does it mean Somaliland ultimate goal , but rather having a seat in the UN's General Assembly is the ultimate goal and that is what Siilaanyo fought for that is what is not happening !that is what pple are waiting for the last 20 years !,, even Habarta Hargaisa joogta knows this ,,,, hadii nala ictiraafi lahaa oon aduunka codku yeelan lahayn eedo dee sidan waynu dhaamilahayn yaa !!! wax fahan ninyohow oo soo raac Siilaayo caravan for greater somalia! btw illah dhibka hakasaaro reer southna Insha'allah.

Qudhac   

Unrecognised, peacefull, fledging democracy, stable, booming and vibrant local economy, very good standard of education, improving health standard......

Recognised, 20+ years of civil war, Suicide massacres, bloodshed, dailly murder, looting, kidnapping, piracy, extortion,Religous fanatics, Beheadings, mutilations, tongue cuttings, grave digging. mosque bombing..............

i think there is few more important things for the existance of a healthy society than recognition... somaliland can wait.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Beer-Gaal:

So the whole point was to live Peaceful ENVIRONMENT? you don't get it walaal miyaa ,,,yes it is important for one's survival, but it doesn't mean statehood,nor does it mean Somaliland ultimate goal , but rather having a seat in the UN's General Assembly is the ultimate goal and that is what Siilaanyo fought for that is what is not happening !that is what pple are waiting for the last 20 years !,, even Habarta Hargaisa joogta knows this ,,,, hadii nala ictiraafi lahaa oon aduunka codku yeelan lahayn eedo dee sidan waynu dhaamilahayn yaa !!! wax fahan ninyohow oo soo raac Siilaayo caravan for greater somalia! btw illah dhibka hakasaaro reer southna Insha'allah.

What about Habarta Xamar joogtaa! What do you thing her exact sentiments are "Mar uun hadaan nabad heli lahayn..".

btw...What caravan are you talking about, you naive son of gun. :D This is all made up. Quit the caravan talk even crazy horse xiinfaniin had to give up on it. There is no caravan and there won't none.