Sign in to follow this  
ijabo

Diana whitening cream - self - obsession or genuine care for onself?

Som@li   

Asalaamu calaykum

Lucky

So what ure saying is that these men married these*haLf artificiaL*Ladies because they were Light skinned?Is that what im hearing Xiddig?

Walaal No, how abt if u marry someone thinking his/her colour is genuine,and that person doesn't say any thing abt it,till it is too late,,i guess that person is deciever. BTW natural looks matters,and is very important.

wasalaam

xiddig didnt say that faaraxs married these gals cuz they lite! actually, u know, how it goes down in the nomadland, couples get hooked via the branches of the qabil tree most of the de time!

so baam! here comes the bride, and guess what! she comes in technicolor!!dang!! ok, xalimoos, will u chill with faraax who changed his color? be honest!!

valerie   

"Doqon ba madaw"..(sorry if i spelt it wrong)..Most men use this phrase whenever they see a somali dark women..See..you guys might say..ur true and original colour is da best...but u would preferably go for a fairer woman..

Som@li   

^^let me currect u,,it goes like this....Doqon iyo habeen baa madow, this saying exists but have u heard this one???Dhillo iyo Dharaar baa CAd.lol ;) .

They all don't have be true like many others.

wasalaam

Warmoog   

Originally posted by Xiddig:

Dhillo iyo Dharaar baa CAd.
lol
;)

There is a different between naturally fair-skinned people and those who bleach their skin. By making general insults like this one, you're calling all fair-skinned women (including natural ones) dhilos... and that's unfortunate, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Salaama.

ayaanick   

Let's face it!

Allah gave us skin, all kinds of shades, therefor what right do we have in trying to change that? I love my skin complextion, and wouldn't change it for the world. We Somali women need to realize that beauty is within, and that changing your complextion will not make you more attractive, if you weren't to begin with. Love yourself for who are, not what you can become. Whoever said darkness is bad? I love the skin I am in!

Ayaan

babyface   

first of all, jus wanted to tell y'all that not everything about the cream is completely "disgusting' and 'sick'...yes, diana cream lightens the skin, but that is jus a side effect..for some ppl, including some who are very close to me, they use it for skin conditions, like for example rashes from allergic reactions, and exsema...thats because it has this chemical called 'cortisone', that gets rid of the surface layer of the excema, when overused it eventually will eat away your skin and 'lighten' as some like to believe' for those of yall who know ppl who use diana, id suggest you guys convince them to stop using it, cause walahi they will suffer some irreplacable side effects, along wit their 'self respect'....besides i dont think its just somalis who consider light skin beauty..jus look around u'll see it in every society.....in fact, hehe, i think the west is actually goin in the opposite direction which aint such a bad thing...for example, women(pre-dominantly white) who get cosmetic surgery for things like fuller lips, higher cheekbones, etc...features that africans were naturally blessed with....

so somalis, before y'all run away from your natural beuty remember those who pay money just to resemble it but cant quite get there without retouching twice a month.

U know guys, those girls who bleach them faces are the once who take good care of themself. Just look around at the somali aroos(wedding) and the riwaayed. They look so beutiful, know a days u don't even see sista who doesn't have caramel skin, they don't go too extreem like michele jackon, but make look like like carmel. Anyways, my point is they know what they are doing, they are aware of the side effects. I am definatly jeluse.

Originally posted by Sophist:

Waxaa lasheegey in markii creamkan uu soo gaarey Djabouti, ayaa gabar aabaheed u imaatey; uu kudhahdey; aabe saaxibadey oo idil waxay marsadeen cream cadeeya, marka hee aniga inaan iscadeeyo waaye maxaa yeeley DOQON IYO HABEEN BAA MADOOW. Odeygii inta uugabdhiisa firiisiyey ayuu wuxuu dhahay, maandheey DH@LO IYO DHARAAR BAA CAD (sorry guys about the potentially vile word there)

Barwaaqo, macaantey, it was good to seeing you yesterday; my deep apologies for rushing without spending more time with you guys! had to do something IMPORTANTE!.

Sophist,

"DH@LO IYO DHARAAR BAA CAD"

LoL...odeygu cruel-buu ahaa ma istidhi? I gather inantii ineyna is cadeyn? :D

It was good to see you too walaalo...even if only for five seconds. Thanx for letting me know about the talk. Hope u had a lovely ciid. ;)

Sophist   

Barwaaqo, walaasheyda qaaliga ahey, adaa mudan! and Eid mubarak to you too. My eid was just normal-- of course the high light was to go and visit my eedo house where all close and distant children came and blackmail me for xaqal-Eid! I had to leave the house to get some dosh from the ATM mechine unfortunately I had to walk 20 minutes in pouring rain. Yeah, it was cool-cold. You can imagine me in my suit soaked to the bone!!!!!! smile.gif

hmhmhmh...sorry to interept you guys..lol, sheekaa nii socotee? ;)

well my eid was also good, i went to visit a couple of relatives too, and when i was on my way, its snowed like hell..jk.. :cool:

anyways..people that use these bleaching creams have a low selfesteem and the guys arent making it easy for them when they keep on saying geber oo cas oo dhuuban aan rabaa..

There is more into it, its more like trying to achieve something you´re not. Like these white people, they get a tan to get darker and vice versa. You have to appreciate waxoo ilaahee kaa dhigey.

Sophist   

barwaaqo! why the gloom and despondency?

anything I can help with? or is it some face you are going through-- we have those moments walaashiis! don't bottle it; share with those who are close to you.

cheerily merry! smile.gif

Sophist

Lookie, Lookie. Diana is played out my sistahs and brothas..i see poor, ignorant somali chicas everywhere with big ugly batches on their face.shyt, they look like a tigar or a zebra..spots all over. n-ways..i believe the only reason some chicas and dudes diana-ize their skin is because they believe they will be excepted by society and receive affection from guys or vise-versa. Diana has become an international epidemic..even some asian girls i know use a cream similar to diana to lighten themselves because they are ugly(ie. dark) to their people. yah, am serious. so lets not just point fingers to somali girls or the WEst...com'on now..its apparent thatt most of the people in america are tryna be black. asa dark sistah, i just wanna give chicas who have used diana a litttle advice. sucks to be you cause u are not gonna be your real self forever..think michael jackson. and to those who wanna use diana...think again..its tragic enough that you are AFRIKAN and MUSLIM, now u wanna **** wit your skin..com'on..ya gotta be smarter than that..n-wayz, as my grandmama used to say.."Dark girls are clean and have a nice persona..while light chicas are (no offense)lazy and arogent".meaning no matter white or black u fenna be u...don't be a sell-out.be you..peace.."beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

LoL @ STHLM_Lady... :D

Sophist,

Glad to know you had a nice Eid. I spent the day with relatives too, but I can't say I enjoyed it that much. Caruurbaa dhagaha igaga qaylinayey maalintii oo dhan.

Originally posted by Sophist:

barwaaqo! why the gloom and despondency?

Contemplating issues best left to manic-depressives is what has got me feeling so dejected. Thanx for the offer of help, but I am hoping it's only a phase too. Otherwise it might prove tragic to someone of my naturally sunny disposition. :(