Sign in to follow this  
ijabo

Diana whitening cream - self - obsession or genuine care for onself?

"Hoos Ka Coke, Kor Ka Faante "~Jamaal-11

looooooool :D I never heard that saying before.

These women bleach their skin for attention, and very very low self of steem. Its time these sista's wake up and understand that beauty is skin deep.

well overheya in lalaland, they just called Michael Jackson!! so far one here! poor one cant come out during the day!! face breaks out like wild fire!! i feel so sorry for her!!

Raxmah   

I dont understand why dark skinned people want to get lighter and light skinned ppl want to get darker.

That just baffles me.

Modesty   

^^^I don't get that either. The skin bleaching thing has got to stop...I can't recognize ppl I used to know anymore...the person was dark, now in just two days they're white..scary. Firstly, it's haraam because your're changing something about the body Allah has loaned to you(and what u did with ur body will be questioned on yumal qiyamah), and you're ruining your health.

Salaan...

Originally posted by Haaruun:

Waji faanto lugo coke...

Dhiq dhiq dhiq dhiq... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifset74.gifset74.gifset74.gif

Waraa Haaruun, LoL, maxaa tiri? Marax waa lagu waaye, ee fiiri hada kistoo meel aa isku diyaarinoyaa ee markaa kasoo noqdo safarkaas anigaa kusoo wacaayo bacda Ciid ee xalwada noosii diyaari yaah marax.

Jaaw.

Modesty   

Rudy wrote

i cant believe that i am now in the same corner with Modesty!!

Wow :eek: :eek: We actually agree on something on SOL. :D

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Hadii Raga Soomaaliyeed ey iska saari lahaayeen aragtida ah in Gabdhaha "cad cad" ey ka qurxoon yihiin kuwa maariinka ah, walaaleheen waxaan maqabsadeen!. So let us not only blame the sisters for lack of confidence; men have inferiority complex

Absolutely true!

they themselves are "balck" maxay ugu arkayaan maariinka wax laga qurux badan yahay?

I've wondered that myself...I think it's due to their double standards. Many believe that a woman should not care about a man's looks ie. nin waa nin, qurux laguma raaco sort of mentality(yea right)...when on the other hand, they think a woman is all about looks, therefore, she should look perfect( which of course includes fairness in their rather strange perception) :rolleyes:

Masha'Allah, nowadays younger women are choosing to be smart about these disastrous chemicals...I think!

Warmoog   

Every society has their definition of 'ideal beauty'. And regardless of how unrealistic that ideal may be, there are always many who try to attain it… often at the risk of their own health and peace of mind (think: anorexia, bulimia, plastic surgery, implants). Among many cultures, including our own, the characteristics of beauty often include fair skin. But believe me, this is far from being unique to Somalis. Those who use skin-lightening creams, whether they are women or men (lol) - Somalis or not - obviously have deep-seated insecurities about their appearance. In addition, I think such people are also influenced by the definition of beauty in their society. Sadly, they lack the courage to be true to themselves and the will to ignore social ideals... so they succumb.

Originally posted by somealien:

you know im not into this whole "somalis are the most beautiful" stuff but lets be honest our best physical trait as a people as well as the most obvious (what you can recognize a somali by) is our skin texture. not the shade, but chirka, you know? we have a glow about us.

somealien - I've seen numerous Ethiopians who I initially took to be Somalis, so I'm not convinced of this 'glow' theory of yours.

Salaama.

Som@li   

asalamu calaykum.

Bleaches for whiteng the SKin, big problem with many somalis women these days,,

There have been many cases where men were decieved in this way, and many end up divorced,when the cat was out of the bag.

Simple free test if u are concerned that ur mate may be using these chemicals:

Put the car heater on, and observe! :D "it will be almost impossible for the user to stay in the car"

nabadeey

LuCkY   

There have been many cases where men were decieved in this way, and many end up divorced,when the cat was out of the bag.

ALLa!COme again?So what ure saying is that these men married these*haLf artificiaL*Ladies because they were Light skinned?Is that what im hearing Xiddig?

Simple free test if u are concerned that ur mate may be using these chemicals:

Put the car heater on, and observe! "it will be almost impossible for the user to stay in the car"

LoooooooL!What if they just cant stand the heater?LIke some of them have aLLergies or something and they just cant stand it...not the resuLt of being bLeached.LoL.

Yo...what happens to them during the summer?And when the weather becomes reaLLy hot?They cant stay in/out doors right...LoL.

LoL @ Yuus lot...

Faanta iyo cooke? Hehehehehe... :D

Sophist,

Ceergaabo ayaad sheegeysaaye, tuulooyinka yar yar ee miyi xitaa waa laga helaa bahashaa. Hadii kalena hargeisa ayaa monthly shopping laga sameystaa.

Funniest thing has to be, I have been told, the name of the company that imports those bleaching creams in Hargeisa >>>> Doqon iyo habeen baa madow....I dont kno how true it is, but its classic all the same. :D

Also, its not just dark-skinned ladies who use it. A lot of fair women do too. I dont kno why coz most of them dont need it. I suppose its because waa la isku wada deydaa.

OG_Girl   

Guys r u talking about fundation cream (make up)??! if yes we all use make up and I don't think is causes any side affects to our skin.

salam

Sophist   

Barwaaqooy, if this is the case then ceeb ayaa wadankii kadhacdey; dadkaas dhaqan celis inlagu sameeyo waaye nooh!! smile.gif

Waxaa lasheegey in markii creamkan uu soo gaarey Djabouti, ayaa gabar aabaheed u imaatey; uu kudhahdey; aabe saaxibadey oo idil waxay marsadeen cream cadeeya, marka hee aniga inaan iscadeeyo waaye maxaa yeeley DOQON IYO HABEEN BAA MADOOW. Odeygii inta uugabdhiisa firiisiyey ayuu wuxuu dhahay, maandheey DH@LO IYO DHARAAR BAA CAD (sorry guys about the potentially vile word there)

Barwaaqo, macaantey, it was good to seeing you yesterday; my deep apologies for rushing without spending more time with you guys! had to do something IMPORTANTE!.

Thus Spake I