Sign in to follow this  
cubano

Somalia defeat in 1978

cubano   

http://www.onwar.com/aced/nation/sat/somalia/f******1976.htm

After watching Ethiopian events in 1975-76, the Soviet Union concluded that the revolution would lead to the establishment of an authentic Marxist-Leninist state and that, for geopolitical purposes, it was wise to transfer Soviet interests to Ethiopia. To this end, Moscow secretly promised the Derg military aid on condition that it renounce the alliance with the United States. Mengistu, believing that the Soviet Union's revolutionary history of national reconstruction was in keeping with Ethiopia's political goals, closed down the U.S. military mission and the communications centre in April 1977. In September, Moscow suspended all military aid to the aggressor, began openly to deliver weapons to Addis Ababa, and reassigned military advisers from Somalia to Ethiopia. This Soviet volte-face also gained Ethiopia important support from North Korea, which trained a People's Militia, and from Cuba and the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen, which provided infantry, pilots, and armoured units. By March 1978, Ethiopia and its allies regained control over the ******

cubano   

Hi Ducaysane,Yes I am Luis.How can you find me?

My last will:I want to be bury in the ethiopian cementery of Addis Abbeba with the cuban soldiers who died there.

Well forget it.

I would like to talk to you and rest of somalis about such war.

What do you think about it?

GAAROODI   

Its because of that miscalculation that somalia emploded, its because of that miscalculation he wanted to divide and rule, its because of that he bombed somaliland cities.

the man was the stupidist S.O.B who ever lived. Its because of this man ********* that we are independent.

cubano   

Ducaysane:

Luis, i though Snet was the place of xperts? didn't they answered for you the questions you were looking for

They(somalinet) dont know anything about ****** War.They only insults me.

I would like to know the opinions about ****** War.