Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

farewell to the politics section

Originally posted by Mujaahid: Red Sea:

^They can always change buddy, refresh me,too lazy to move my fingers.

Do not waste your time researching it. I have asked him with a straight face & he came up with the fanciest of words from that side of the aisle. To put it in a lay man's langauge, his stance is rather clear & He(loosely) is a proud supporter of the TFG & its invading ethiopian army into(his) somali terrority & is in agreement with the president of Somalia that the US has the right to kill (his fellow)Somali citizens.

Right point?

ElPunto   

^Xiin - point taken about Abu P's 'rebellious' and therefore laudatory stance(For you at least)

But I'm still not as predictable or partisan as you. Come one now - admit it.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Oh Lord - is that Brown again? Talk about what Brown
can't
do for you!
:D

LOL, You pointless Farah. You should acknoledge at least that Brown did deliver the POINT home. icon_razz.gif :cool:

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Xiin - point taken about Abu P's 'rebellious' and therefore laudatory stance(For you at least)

But I'm still not as predictable or partisan as you. Come one now - admit it.

^^Partisan yes--I have strong convictions as far as politics are concerned! But i am not that predictable as you yaa ThePoint. Even I sometimes don’t know how I may react to specific events, let alone my peers in SOL!

Pi   

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. Mark Twain

Abu Paragon has died from the politics forum. Long live Abu Paragon. :D:D

I wonder which new nick he will go by now. Abu Butcher? LOL

Ye of little faith Pi.

Paragon, wise move. The loonies on this side of the SOL planet have a tendency to make one either loose it or join them. Both bad choices.

p.s. I welcome you to the women's section :D . Set up a house there, I'll provide free security for a week.

RedSea   

The Point.

You are lucky I didn't refer you as door K^nob,

so you are either a door^****, or my buddy? :cool:

Castro   

Originally posted by Abu Paragon:

I cannot bring myself to debate with the proud clients of Ethiopia and the US.

Paragon, saaxib, our colleagues on the other side of the aisle are no more wrong (or treacherous) than we are right (or nationalistic). We're on the left, they're on the right. We're all keyboard commandos, however. Unless some here are actually receiving tangible benefits from the TFG (or the ICU before its collapse), we're all voicing what we believe is right. Even if someone is getting paid to spread propaganda one way or the other, the SOL crowd is so savvy he or she wouldn't last a week before they're sniffed out and marginalized. Love (or hate) of a clan is powerful but it's probably no more powerful than being a rabid Chelsea fan.

Who knows what Somalia will be like in 1 year or 5? Most of us, if not all of us, hope it gets better but if it doesn't, and unless we live there, we'll still go on with our lives elsewhere.

I didn't have much interest in the politics section of SOL because my interest in politics is mainly global. For as long as it was inter (or intra) tribe feuding, I figured it was not a major problem as no one clan was that much stronger than all the others. Age old skirmishes were the worst that could transpire. Ethiopia's interference was also not newsworthy for they've been aligning themselves with one strongman or the other over the 15 years. Still, nothing to lose sleep over. In the unique case of the warlords in Muqdisho, the outrage I felt of the chaotic and dangerous life has faded with the years. Essentially, I had become accustomed to hearing bad news from the homeland once in a while but nothing so bad to ruin my day. I would shrug my shoulders and pray for the suffering people. And that would be it.

Last spring with the advent of the ICU, things changed a bit. Though I've not been a big fan of the Al-Itihad (probably because I wasn't propaganda savvy in the 90's), what peaked my interest was the CIA paying the warlords to form the "anti-terrorism alliance". It wasn't the first attempt by the world superpower to give the keys for the hen house to the fox but it was one that became public. The rag-tag men of the ICU with all their funny looking red beards and head dresses had managed to do the unthinkable: defeat the big, bad warlords that were parading the crisp $100 bills from the CIA. The more the US got involved, the more I was interested. Then things deteriorated rapidly for the ICU and now with the invasion and occupation, I see what I read about from other countries happen in my own.

I reject imperialism and hegemony in any form and on any land. I further reject naked aggression on false pretenses for monetary gain. To me the TFG has signed a deal with the devil. Simple and plain. No matter the make up of it (clan-wise), they're men of dishonor who have decided, for one reason or the other, that whatever the Ethiopians or US whispered in their ears was good enough for their remaining days. Whether it is a lifetime lease on Villa Somalia, a million dollars, a 100 million dollars or what have you. Even if some of them are sincere and want the best for Somalia, having chosen such allies as Ethiopia and the US, they have essentially forfeited any chance their wishes would come true.

On the other hand, I supported the ICU, despite my reservations about ideological movements, because their mandate seemed simple: rid the city (and later the country) of the roving war-gangsters. Establish some form of Islamic state. Heck, the whole nation is made up of Muslims, right? An Islamic state certainly describes a nation of 100% Muslim population. The details, I thought, could be sorted out later. First, do some house cleaning. Today, that's neither here or there.

So, to sum up, don't leave. If you do, the balance of opinions will shift to the right.

P.S. Sorry about the sermon.

"So, to sum up, don't leave. If you do, the balance of opinions will shift to the right."

Waa hadal nin weyn. Communist Castro said it best. Abu Paragonoow, awoowe, please do continue to give your thoughts here. Majority of us do appreciate!

Coloow   

Abu, you beat me to it!

I am also out. I have come to the conclusion that many who claim to speak for somaliweyn and somalia are in actual sense tribal bigots. I have never supported one side or another in regards to the conflict until the IUC entered the scene. I did not agree with many of their discourse; I did not like some of their social actions. But I loved their message/visions for somalia. A somali nation that is free from the plague of tribalism- A people that would be healed and reconciled.

I agree that it is not that good to debate with somalis who are driven by clanism instead of common sense and intelligence.

The current events in Somalia have brought out those good somalis and those who were disguised as somalis but were in the actual sense bigots. It is surprising to learn that a few months people were on record mocking and condemning the culture of warlordism. They were quick to use the somali flag and claim that Muqdisho and the south were in the hold of criminals. When the IUC took over and their tribal bases challenged these somalis turned against their intellect and supported one leader or another based on clanism.

I am appalled when I read the caption under the names of the majority of those who support the puppet government; It says " Puntland" and somalia. The support from these people for the puppet government is not based on love for somalia but a a warlord turned dictator and this is a bad precedent! I know that the majority of the people in Puntland don't support the puppet government- but that by itself is disheartening!

Yet I am very proud of those of us who claim to hail from somaliland. Many of them have revealed a side many of us never knew existed. They appear to stand shoulder to shoulder with their brethen in the south. Thank you somalilanders keep up the good work.

Goodbye dear somalis who would love to see another somalia emerge. Partime quislings would disappear due to the dynamic nature of somali conflicts.

Macasalaamah.

Thankful   

I guess, just like how many of the clan court fighters shaved off their beards and returned to being criminals after their defeat; some in the cyber world feel the trend is no longer "in". You'd think that a sincere person would be in the struggle for a lifetime, but it's amusing to see less then 1 month after their defeat, people jumping ship. Wow, truly, imposters.

Jabhad   

^Hadal yuusan kaatagin. Read the latest news, the Tigree masters of Abdulahi-Axmaar are fleeing from Somalia as we speak..

Castro   

Originally posted by somalipride:

I guess, just like how many of the clan court fighters shaved off their beards and returned to being criminals after their defeat; some in the cyber world feel the trend is no longer "in". You'd think that a sincere person would be in the struggle for a lifetime, but it's amusing to see less then 1 month after their defeat, people jumping ship. Wow, truly, imposters.

They're only quiting this political forum, atheer. They didn't renounce their beliefs.