Sign in to follow this  
Tahliil

Congress for Liberation And Reconstitution Opens in Asmara

I gather that this is not a peace conference. It’s an effort to unite desperate parties in opposition to the tfg and its Ethiopian backers. Viewed from that angle, it’s a good start.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I gather that this is not a peace conference. It’s an effort to unite desperate parties in opposition to the tfg and its Ethiopian backers. Viewed from that angle, it’s a good start.

What peace? Like i have said before,this is the beginning of the creation of a real govt in waiting. A new opposition(Congress) will be born I'A.

Wheres Baashi? I have been reading your endless criticism of this movement';s lack of political ideology on SOL. I would like for you to catagorically come out and say what you think of it. smile.gif

Sincere   

^^ I have it on good authority that Geedi is headed in that direction. Furthermore, him and the old jackal are not in good terms and each of them are covering their bases, pending an imminent showdown. Don't be suprised if new alliances are forged.

Originally posted by Sincere:

^^ I have it on good authority that Geedi is headed in that direction. Furthermore, him and the old jackal are not in good terms and each of them are covering their bases, pending an imminent showdown. Don't be suprised if new alliances are forged.

I really dont predict Ghedi's Geedi to Asmara. My guess is,if anyone is running away from the doomed marriage,it will be Puntland's top dog,Col.Yey.

That said,I hope this congress comes with a true genuine manifesto for the way forward.

^^I am not that optimistic Faaraxow. Many will depend on the degree to which wadaads has control on this effort. There are many whose standing is not that much different from the top men of the tfg that seem to be in the driving seat of the Asmara alliance. Given that anomaly, the best route for this to come to fruition is to seek genuine peace with the folks in Xamar and work out a deal to get the Ethiopians out of the country.

Chimera   

i'm not gonna lie i resent this group just as much as the one residing in Mogadishu because:

ICU_structure_map.png

they should have waited this puppet parade aka TFG out, just look how fast a year and a half went since they came to power

there fools drunk of power,traitors for leaving young patriotic men on the battlefield unprepared, there great achievements before the white-eyes bravado aside they disgust me the way Yey disgusts me

i hope both sides just dies out today in their sleep 2 o'clock sharp

You make good point Dhul..Odoga kursigaa ucadaa once he rose to prominence in the city of Xamar. We need men that will put the nation's interest, not just hellbent on imposing their will on beaten nation.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^I am not that optimistic Faaraxow. Many will depend on the degree to which wadaads has control on this effort. There are many whose standing is not that much different from the top men of the tfg who seem to be in the driving seat of the Asmara alliance. Given that anomaly, the best route for this to come to fruition is to seek genuine peace with the folks in Xamar and work out a deal to get the Ethiopians out of the country.

I think you are jumping ahead of yourself here Mr Xiinfaninow. For the wadaads to have a dialogue with the TFG,they must first identify themselves as a credible entity,party or an organization. As you know,these humble Somali leaders were kicked out of there jurisdiction and called names such as terrorists by the funding fathers of this whole Ethiopian invasion.

I'A,when they identify themselves,compile a vision for the country & elect a new leadership line up,then i think they need to sit with the otherside. Anugu koley sidaas bee ila tahay.

Ps.D/Alsumali & Che. You are right,i think we demand a new set of leaders. I certainly dont want to see Hussein Aideed,Sh Turki,Buuba & Indhocade on that list,Period.

Lets hope for the best.

It’s not their credibility that Somalis doubt--they always come across as genuine, and indisputably were right on their approach in kicking the warlords out of Xamar. What I fear is the possibility of their good name and reputation being used by opportunistic politicians/warlords who have no standing in the Somali public.

But I also understand the position they find themselves in. They need to play the game well, and forge alliances.

Thierry.   

Lets hope they form a strong opposition party who have sound policies.

I hate to see Ethiopia running our country behind the curtains but lets attempt to change through the ballot, Inshallah I am sure if they organise themselves for the up and coming election the people would vote for them that is all else equal.

However the question is will they be allowed to form an opposition party and of course the old African dogma of Fradulant voting.

Farah Brown posted:

I certainly dont want to see Hussein Aideed,Sh Turki,Buuba & Indhocade on that list,Period.

Brother, I feel your notion that the individuals you mensioned are up to no good, I also believe that some of them are in Asmara for Espionage reasons. but to add Hassan Turki on your list is great disservice to the Sheikh.

About this convorence, it is another "Shinbirayohow Heesa" meaning it is waste of time.

Dacaayad can be raqiis. What do you really expect if we can criticize the gathering like this?

You don't have to support the individuals who gathered there, but the meaning and idea behind the shir. One needs a common ground, a common voice, instead of myriad opposition voices. That is what always ku dhici jirtay Soomaalida, never ka fiirsan jireen waxa soo socdo.

They, the then jabhado, never planned or agreed to who will lead the country after the last Kacaan regime is toppled. They never planned what will be done and when from any of those 14 peace conferences. We are a hasty society, meel aan ka socono iyo meel aan u socono ma naqaano.

Hokey, if this conference is not arranged and the concerned issues are not addresed at a venue, what then will you suggest? That any one can speak for those who are fighting against Xabashadda? Meeqo voice ayaa jireyso markaas?

This conference was suggested and it was a by-product of suggestions made some semi-conferences held in UK during the past couple months. The likes of Cabdi Ismaaciil Samatar and Cali Khaliif Galeyr suggested the opposition groups to have a common, agreed voice, if not unified party.

Marka in laga fiirsado waaye waca dhici doono. They need to form a single, well-meaning and strongly united voice against Xabasho occupation. Nothing to do with ideology or a single individual.

Sawiradda from shirka.

shirka_asmara10.jpg

Yuusuf Dheeg, Cumar Iimaan iyo Gaashaanlesare Jaamac Max'ed Qaalib.

shirka_asmara7.jpg

shirka_asmara6.jpg

The Soomaali flag can be impressive, more impressive in the right colours and in the right venue. The thick, dark blue some Soomaalis use is not the calanka dhabta ah.