Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

The Gambia Says Somaliland delegates entered Banjul improperly

Sophist   

The Gambia Says "Somaliland" delegates entered Banjul improperly

WardheerNews, July 12, 2006 (WDN) - Delegates claiming to represent Somaliland at the AU summit in Banjul, Mr. Hussein Ali Duale (Awil), Minister of Finance, and Abdillahi Mohamed Duale, Minister of Information, lied on their visa applications to enter Banjul, the Gambia.

Ministers Abdillahi A. Duale and Hussein Ali Duale (Awil)

According to the Somali Ambassador at the AU, Mr. Abdikarim Farah, the Gambian authorities have in their possession the initial immigration visa applications which the two ministers from the breakaway region completed.

The applications reportedly show they claimed that they were visiting the Gambia for tourist purposes. It is also reported that the passports which they used to travel

to the Gambia were European passports.

WardheerNews has learned that the Somali Embassy in Addis Ababa made an extra effort for some time now to ensure the breakaway region of Northern Somalia, also known as "Somaliland," not to be welcomed at the Africa Union (AU) meeting in the Gambia, Banjul, which came to a conclusion On July 5, 2006.

Ambassador A. Farah

In May 2006, when reports claiming that the President, of "Somaliland," Mr. Dahir Rayaale Kahin requested to attend and participate as an observer at the AU summit at Banjul came out, the Somali Ambassador in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Ambassador Abdikarim Farah, made an official contact to his counter part in the Ethiopian capital. In a written communication, Ambassador Farah asked his counter part on the authenticity of reports that the Gambian government was planning to extend an invitation to Mr. Kahin and a delegation from

that breakaway region of Somalia ("Somaliland") to attend the the AU summit in Banjul.

The Gambian Ambassador responded kindly by saying that the meeting is only for the AU member states and few international dignitaries and his country in particular does not recognize "Somaliland," nor is his country aware of any invitation accorded either to Mr. Rayaale or his representatives.

Ambassador Farah told WardheerNews that the TFG delegation at the summit learned that the two ministers from Mr. Kahins government were unofficially contacting delegates in and around the summit venue.

The Gambia government contacted the TFG delegation, he said, to learn the whereabouts of the two individuals, but we could not provide them with any substantive information as to their addresses and where they were staying in Banjul.

The information of the two individuals talking unofficially to some conference participants only surfaced towards the end of the summit, said Ambassador Farah, This was the last day where all delegates were hurriedly on their way out of Banjul. Ambassador Farah stated in his comments to WardheerNews by saying that the Gambia did not invite anyone from the breakaway region of Northern Somalia.

Ambassador Farah concluded his report by saying the AU position on Somalia's

territorial integrity is solid and unwavering, and the AU repeatedly told those who entertain secession to work out their problems with their brethren and move on with the peace and development agenda.

"Somaliland" unilaterally declared independence from Somalia in 1991. Since then, the Republic of Somaliland, as it calls itself, has received no international recognition and some of the former districts of the British Somaliland Protectrate have opted to join neighboring Puntland.

WardheerNews Staff

me   

The funny thing is how the secessionists try to sell their 'achievements' to the people back home, while this is their reality. How long can they try to keep this virtual realty going?

May they find guidance, wisdom and peace and unity with their fellow Somali brothers.

Taleexi   

Gaambiya oo sheegtay in ay wasiiradii Somaliland si khaldan ku soo galeen dalkeeda

WardheerNews, July 12, 2006 (WDN) - War ay heshay WardheerNews ayaa sheegaya in labadii wasiir ee Somaliland ee dhawaan tagay Banjul, xarunta dalka Gaambiya in ay si khaldan ku galeen dalkaas. Wasiirka maaliyadda mudane Xuseen Cali Ducaale (Cawil) iyo wasiirka warfaafinta Cabdillaahi Maxamed Ducaale oo magaaladaas u safray bilowgii bishan markii halkaas lagu qabtay shir madaxeedka Ururka Midowga Afrika (AU) ayaa la sheegay in ay ka been sheegeen codsigii dal ku galka ee ay ku dalbadeen fiisaha Gaambiya (Visa application).

Maqaalkoo dhan ka daalaco wardheernews

Gediid   

Originally posted by me:

The funny thing is how the secessionists try to sell their 'achievements' to the people back home, while this is their reality. How long can they try to keep this virtual realty going?

May they find guidance, wisdom and peace and unity with their fellow Somali brothers.

Me

Guidance where there is none,wisdom where its not known, and peace where the gun is the law.....Thats where Somalia is at.As far as I and the whole world know Puntland and Somaliland are the only 2 areas of former Somalia where its citizens can truely enjoy peace and not worry whether tommorrow will be their last day on earth.Is that where you want Somaliland to unite with???????

markaas intaanad talo bixin hubi bal marka hore in taladaas tahay mid meesha qabataa dont just write words and hope they rhyme cuz this is definately not a contest of who can write the best...... ;)

Taleexi   

Dear Mr. Gediid,

I am not asking for a monolithic unification, the unification should be home-grown period. Only what bothers me is when some try to exercise beyond the domain of their influence, not only is a fruitless effort but misguidance.

me   

Brother Gediid,

The reality on the ground today is not positive, there is actually allot of negativity.

My opinion is that we as Somalis should work on creating peace and unity and work for a prosperous Somalia.

The mini-states have done allot of good work so far, but its time that we moved on from the division and work together.

Clan divisions should not stop us from claiming our rightful place among the world’s nations.

Yes today the two mini-states are relatively more peaceful then the rest of the country, but that is no argument for keeping the division.

We will have a stronger more peaceful and prosperous Somalia if we go along the path of unity.

If we choose for division that we will forever be in these cycles of hate and destruction.

So let work together brother Gediid instead of mistrusting each other.

Saalixa   

infromation given is always dependent on the teller.

Post an article in some "Bodtland" website or organzation and you will get the agreement and smiles of all "Buntland" supporters :D

This article is clearly biased and one sided with any person who has some knowledge of media sudies. I can post the somaliland articles on this same issue so we cannot be deluded ;) .

^^^no surprise the international community does not back this region don't get mad abaayo. Ceeb badanaa meel kasto waa lagoo soo ceyriyey.

me   

lol@didi,

It is because of our laziness that this secessionist lie has gone out of control; their immoral ideas have to be fought on every level possible.

The secession is immoral and illegal and impractical. So whatever the secessionists do we need to block it. Like that Somali saying. Laftey qaadaanba ka jabi.

The ones propagating these foul ideas need to be fought on every front.

Qudhac   

ina daami

how can you brake anyones bones when you are the defeated lot of yester years, my dear son of afweyne when when the battle raged and you were asked to raise your sword of destiny yourfore fathers failled you so curse them because now you are left to cry from "duleedka2 sidii bisad macaluuli dishay.

walee you and the leaches of your ilk will not feed on somali blood again.

isnt it funny how every ****** suddenly is from hargeisa :D:D

Baliis, we have had enough. Stop the name-calling.

[ July 16, 2006, 00:54: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Me,

ilaahey ka cabso. walaala la yahay lafaha maxaa loo jajabina? lol. el muhim magecyga karaameysan agagaarka dadka qalbiga ka jiran ha ku sheegin. fadhlan walaal ;):D

Saalixa   

It is because of our laziness that this secessionist lie has gone out of control; their immoral ideas have to be fought on every level possible.

The secession is immoral and illegal and impractical. So whatever the secessionists do we need to block it. Like that Somali saying. Laftey qaadaanba ka jabi.

The ones propagating these foul ideas need to be fought on every front.

LOL

Jack of all trades but master of non.

When the so called somali weyn fixes its problems and wars in the south....which will be like what year?????? Then You can re Quoate this very emotional ideas. Until then ta

Saalixa   

isnt it funny how every ****** suddenly is from hargeisa

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wonder which part...claiming a heritage that denies them. I dont know that anyone would want to do that.

me   

Qudhac, I hope that you will regain your manhood. You seem to be missing something since you can not write two sentences without making silly remarks. Please do learn how to discuss things. You are doing yourself no justice by talking like this.

Rayaana who is this Somaliweyn that you are talking about? Are you not a part of Somaliweyn just as I am? Aren’t we all Somaliweyn? Because Somaliweyn implies all Somalis no matter where they live.

And since I am from the North the wars in the South do not change my opinion or the validity of my case. I am a Somali Northerner who is against the secession. So stop this war in the South excuse. I am no alien force coming from far away. I am already a part of the North and me being against secession does not make me a Southerner. Please stop this ignorance of everyone against the secession is a Southerner, in my opinion most Southerners don’t even interfere with our affairs. And when the civil war starts in the North it won’t be Southerners invading the North, but it will be Northerners slugging it out.

Didi your name will be left alone smile.gif