Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Puntland’s Situational Irony

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Peace Action:

Let us be realistic, PIS's mandate is to fight terror and with shabaab getting a base in Galgala, Faroole will be foolish to dismantel the most effective counter terrorism unit in Somalia.

Peace, Awoowe how did "Al-shabaab" get a base in Galgala in the first place, if the PIS was "the most effective" security organization as you put it?
Ask Faroole who tried to reason with Atam to no fail. It is open secret that all Puntland security apparatus including PIS (contrary to you and some Solers, PIS can not attack any place w/o Farool's approval) were united in removing the threat in Galgala but Faroole refused instead trying to solve the situation peacefully. In the meantime, Atam was getting reinforcement from shabaab and in the last two months their numbers have grown to more than 400 and maybe even 700 as reported by locals.

Originally posted by Peace Action:

quote:

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Peace Action:

Let us be realistic, PIS's mandate is to fight terror and with shabaab getting a base in Galgala, Faroole will be foolish to dismantel the most effective counter terrorism unit in Somalia.

Peace, Awoowe how did "Al-shabaab" get a base in Galgala in the first place, if the PIS was "the most effective" security organization as you put it?
Ask Faroole who tried to reason with Atam to no fail. It is open secret that all Puntland security apparatus including PIS (contrary to you and some Solers, PIS can not attack any place w/o Farool's approval) were united in removing the threat in Galgala but Faroole refused instead trying to solve the situation peacefully. In the meantime, Atam was getting reinforcement from shabaab and in the last two months their numbers have grown to
more than 400 and maybe even 700 as reported by locals
Was he getting reiforcement from Al Shabaab or from the local population? Who are these men who support him?

If these are local people who support him, you can not attack Attam, irrelevant if he himself is part of Al Shabaab. You need to be in dialogue with the local population. Otherwise this will be seen as direct clan aggression. Dont assume that local population listens daily to Paltalk or have the latest CIA directives as PIS has. Make the people(your people) understand for which common cause you are fighting for and why its important that they support your case.

I believe the P.I.S is a vital tool against the Shabab religious deviants who are wreaking havoc in the south and are very keen on disturbing the peace in Puntland-- therefore, it is of paramount importance that all Puntlanders(especially the current leadership) work tirelessly upon improving its effectiveness and its resolute adherence to the laws of Puntland.

I wish to convince my fellow Puntlanders that it is necessary that we stand behind not only the P.I.S, but all the relentless sentinels in our armed forces who defend the state. We MUST honor them for their wish to take up the noble and dangerous profession of defending Puntland, as we are surrounded by many spiteful and envious enemies. I posit that: Our armed forces must be encouraged, supported and EVEN given the highest political offices in Puntland. We must be prefer better them to soft and insipid characters like Faroole&CO who seem lately to rise to the upper echelons of Puntland politics. Only a true soldier, like our former President Cabdulahi Yuusuf, can create and maintain perfect discipline in Puntland, and I believe, only such a man deserves to rule with authority.

Puntland of late, has been disgraced by Faroole's soft and idle leadership, especially in military matters, and this has tacitly avowed his pusillanimity and impotence to all our enemies, from both within and without. This is why, I am of the belief, that the sooner Faroole departs the presidency, the better it will be for all of us.

Faroole is the problem, not the P.I.S-- and HE MUST GO!

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

I believe the P.I.S is a vital tool against the Shabab religious deviants who are wreaking havoc in the south and are very keen on disturbing the peace in Puntland-- therefore, it is of paramount importance that all Puntlanders(especially the current leadership) work tirelessly upon improving its effectiveness and its resolute adherence to the laws of Puntland.

I wish to convince my fellow Puntlanders that it is necessary that we stand behind not only the P.I.S, but all the relentless sentinels in our armed forces who defend the state. We MUST honor them for their wish to take up the noble and dangerous profession of defending Puntland, as we are surrounded by many spiteful and envious enemies. I posit that:
Our armed forces must be encouraged, supported and EVEN given the highest political offices in Puntland.
We must be prefer better them to soft and insipid characters like Faroole&CO who seem lately to rise to the upper echelons of Puntland politics. Only a true soldier, like our former President Cabdulahi Yuusuf, can create and maintain perfect discipline in Puntland, and I believe, only such a man deserves to rule with authority.

Puntland of late, has been disgraced by Faroole's soft and idle leadership in military matters, which has tacitly avowed his pusillanimity and impotence to all our enemies, from both within and without. This is why, I am of the belief, that the sooner Faroole departs the presidency, the better it will be for all of us.

Faroole is the problem, not the P.I.S!

I see you long for the past when the leadership consisted of leaders who waged wars and despised dialogue, which got hundreds killed?

I think Faroole now understands he cost of his folly, the PIS and other security agencies is the only reason that he has not been over run right now. His incompetence is legend, and he fact that he tried to make peace with this group only to get a spike in the murdr of officials and business men of Bari was the testement to his folly. It's Faroole who will pay the political price fir this failure, the PIS is no longer thr scape goat.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

define irony

and do you know of socratic irony?

In this instance it seems to mean: stuck between a rock and a hard place. :D

The problem is really not Atam or the PIS. The real problem that PL has is Faroole and his way of handling things. He allowed events to overtake him and is not in control of the situation now. To regain his authority he needs to bring both sides to the table and preside (as much as they would allow him to) over a process of direct negotation and reconciliation. To choose the PIS over Atam will only complicate the situation (as is evident) and increase the clannish discord.

^^^NGOONGE you seem to be enjoying this a little too much. There is no choice between Attam [a man at war with the state] and the PIS an institution which is part of the state.

Yes Faroole has failed and will be held accountable for this mess, but that does not mean an individual in the hills can declare war on the State and get a away with it..

NGONGE   

^^ Bacda iska fur ninyaho. I, of course, enjoy watching you and Xiin trying to make head or tails out of this mess but Faroole's actions, personality and poltics do not give me any enjoyment whatsoever. Politics and online arguments aside, I'm still human, saaxib. Actions that may cause the death of innocents (even those from PL) are as disgusting to me as an AMISOM rocket or Al Shabab homemade bomb. WAX FAHAN.

P.S.

I stand by what I wrote above. It is Faroole that is the problem and not Atam.

Ngonge is human and as he has found himself more often than he wanted on the losing side in most threads him and Duke debated, he follows and takes retributions as an consequence and action. :D

It's human trait after all to take acts of revenge and reprisals though of the bad category scale of human emotions.

However Farole with all his mistakes has made the right decision. The PIS are heroes and xiinfaniin has no valid reason to question their role as they're the most useful and loyal organ the State has thus far and without them, there would be no Puntland and no Peace today.

As we speak PIS units are in full control of Bosaso. They catch all the criminals, murderers and terrorists. They succeed where others fail to react or pre-empt. They're highly trained individuals who know how to survey, catch and react to everything that goes on where they are stationed. They're the special units within Puntland's arsenal of police, birmad, bol-bir, standard Darawiish army, Coast guard army and other special security units.

PIS is the elite of all of them. Where they're they put everyone to sleep, Where they go everything is quiet. No one moves, no one dares to commit an act of criminal activity because they know the elite is there and they will catch them.

PIS's success rate is the highest shame that they don't operate all the time in the major cities or are visible on the street everyday but when they come, calms comes with them. They're the strong arm of the State, it's life line and resort when everything seems to go wrong once the PIS arrives the problems go as criminals flee the scene because they know of PIS' reputation and high success rate of catching criminals.

Back to Farole, Farole was duped for almost a whole year by elders who he was taking advice from. But I'm proud of Farole whatever the past, I'm proud today that he is my President. I'm proud of his call and awakening of the long slumber he was in. I'm proud that he finally realised and mobilised the army and let the PIS reign again on the streets of Puntland's economical capital of Bosaso. I'm proud of his defiance. I'm proud of his leadership. I'm proud that he is a Puntlander by heart and tongue.

Farole changed governors, mayors tried to re-structure the PIS and sacked it's commander Osman Abdullahi Diano to appease the terrorists and other outside enemies of the State in Galgala he tried everything but was lead into the wrong direction but finally he got it right and now is stepping up to the issue. No more slumber Farole.

There will be no negotiations, there will be a wipe out and a closing of this episode. Galgala will be returning to the State's government and the enemies of the state will thus again be send packing.

We all support Farole in his last efforts and his wake up from the slumber and misguidance and deceit of the people he trusted.

We have been through much worse this will be another chapter in Puntland's history where by a small group tried to set up shop there but failed. All the invaders will be crushed and this is not the emotional me but the realist. The people of Puntland are good and peace loving citizens but there patience has been running slim lately.

Somalis know only when you hit them hard enough that they will respect you and Farole is doing this by crushing the Galgala terrorists. No elder or wishful thinking clannist will change the course or route of this.

Victory will be ours because we are on the right path and our enemies are in the wrong path. We will prevail.

It's simple guys. Large blocks of Puntland's stakeholders have objections on how PIS operates, its mandate and the composition of its leaders. This is one reason why there is a renewed instability in Puntland's largest city. Despite politician's cries on southern influence in Puntland, the conflict is within, and PIS is part of it.

For this reason, PIS should be COMPLETELY reformed. Period.

Atom is an exaggerated man; he is on Galgala mountain, no airstrip, no access to port, and stone away from Boosaaso. No popularity hence no base. It’s silly to justify PIS’s lack of accountability to the state for his presence. America can give the money to the state, not a militia within it. Common sense should prevail.

Faroole has challenges no doubt, but he did not fail as a leader yet. His test of leadership has just started. And the question of Puntland is bigger than him.

Oodweyne has superbly put the truth of this matter in custody, indeed.

I trust Faroole’s overall philosophy and attitude toward governance, and hope his latest rhetoric is a strategy to consolidate this free lance security agency in a manner that does not raise suspicion on his motives.

The PIS stands for the Puntland Intelligence Service, it is an institution that comes under the government of Puntland. It is supported as some claim by the US intelligence agency known as the CIA. Thus one intelligence agency gives support and funds to another is not a big deal is it now.

Also Faroole has gotten rid of the head of the PIS, how could he if he did not control this institution?

Many here are just clutching on to straws with no real argument. The PIS has fought well both in Galkacyu and in Galgala over the past year, proving its importance to the state. Also Faroole has not complained about the PIS, for a while now, thus whats with this talk?

^^^Oodweyne you are confusing me for someone who takes your waffle seriously. The PIS as I have noted fought and defended the Puntland state in two battles within the last six months. Even Faroole a critic in the past has called on their skills to combat his debacle in Galgala. Now I know where it hurts you and that’s the ties between the most powerful nation on earth and an security wing of the state that you despise. The PIS come under Garowe and who ever heads the state that’s the fact, who pays their salary is like who paid for the Somaliland elections it was not the Somali’s of the NW but donors from overseas.

As you were…

The institution is hated by the fake Jihadi's and their minions.

Oodweyne, again you have no argument, nothing more than the usual meaningless words. The PIS as I have said is a Puntland institution, it’s a fighting unit that is trained by the US. They need to be expanded and not diminished in any way. This comes from a Puntlander insider and not a secessionist who thinks that his clan can become a country..