Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed_Guree

genocide on the way.

^^^What if all this is just like the hype surrounding the "regional war" that never was, or as they call it the "minute war" ?

Mogadishu disarmament is an important step to peace.

^^^No, Col Ali Sacid will take care of those few cowards who thing attacking with 5 mortars every other week will break the government and people resolve.

The Charcoal traders, scrap-merchants and the remains of the clown court organisation will be taught a lesson as their armies were a few months back..

Mogadishu’s time as the ugly big sister is coming to an end; her plastic surgeon has arrived with an aim of restoring that once beautiful face.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by bambo:

Whats about the 4000 so troops from xaamar , arent they taking part of disarment program or they too are traders !!!!!!

what about mens like abdiqaybiid , gacma dheera would they aprove such action ... mens that where warlords and where fighting for their clans for 16 years would not allow such action sxbyaal. relax

Gen galal is working with tfg , husein caydiid is too and many more ......

THose mens mention above been in somali politics longer then us , and i believe 100 % they will not watch genocide on their families ......

Those guys you mentioned are opportunists and they know how to switch sides and kill innocent people. Some of them did that back in 1990, remmeber Galaal oo gaari cad Xamar ku dhex wadan jirey and all of a sudden he was USC hero...(what a joke) and went all the way to Kismaayo. You remember when ICU fought against the warlords and he was meeting with US staff in Nairobi Embassy and he had his military uniform on when ICU took over Mogadishu like nin shaqo doon ah. Do you remember his interview with Universal TV in early January pretending to be an expert and said he knew how to defend Benadir from Ethiopia if ICU let him do so and now Soo dhaweeyey Ugandan Forces with his broken English.

bambo if Yey tries to disarm Mogadishu by force he will be gone for good cause this was tried before and it never materialised. Somalia needs a proper solution not Ethiopian agendas.

A couple of points to raise which perhaps will not be received gently in some corners.

Firstly, it is actually not disarming Mogadishu, rather it is bringing in the lone rangers of Hurawaa into the fold with their rusty, ill-aimed pseudo-mortars. Dangerous, sweeping generalisations are. Similar slants depicting Somalia as a lawless state seem to have been applied to Mogadishu in this instance; however out of its 16 districts possible 2 remain dubious, somewhat off cork, and cumbersome at worse. This is at par with oiling Harlesden and Brixton with the same brush as the rest of London with Wandsworth and Westminster tossed to the Thames quasi squatty slams. It is not the whole city that is at odds with the government or disarmament, rather settlers from the central regions who had gone in a decade from bare-buttock bores to the sole benefactors of the riches of state trimmings who wish to hang on to a lavish lifestyle despoiled with the bayonets at the expense of the nation.

Secondly, strangely far too often, one hears of exodus out of the capital when in reality, yesteryear influx is returning home to places like Guriceel, Ceelbuur and Dhuusamreeb with the natives remaining at ease whilst perhaps anxiously staring out to the distant for a nation at odds with itself.

And finally, Mogadishu cannot be the nation's capital with segments of the community continuing with such claims for it as their own, rather than the nation's whilst at the mere mentioning of perhaps switching the capital elsewhere, not that any other city in Somalia today could be any different, the din and pandemonium outflows the banks quasi to fill the rivers.

Abwaan - how are the people of Mogadishu any different from those in Bosaso or Hargeisa?

"...bambo if Yey tries to disarm Mogadishu by force he will be gone for good cause this was tried before and it never materialised."

Tata...

When it comes to Somalia’s political polarities, a significant relative of mine always disarms me with the least effort from his part, and without employing splendid logics. His is a simple reasoning: Somalia is at a critical juncture where politics is intertwined with clan loyalties. I am but my clan and only a fool would expect otherwise. Heck with a legitimate government---that’s for the latter generation to sort out. There are no ambiguities of his desires to exact a lasting defeat on some particular clans. He cites history to justify it--a not-so-distant history that is. What the old man does and his policies are always right for they are above the domain of errors and inline with clan rivalries! It serves, to be precise, the narrow tribal interest and satisfies the wants of those who see things in a zero-sum-game!

In other words, when some of us labor to justify current events in the name of returning governance to the lawless areas in the south, others, including the old man, know not how to mince words and say it as it really is: using all the means they could possibly get to win the Somali game. The consequence of their misguided efforts, they figured, will not be theirs to worry. No amount of grammatical riddles can cover that fact up.

As far as I can see, and without harshly defaming one part of Somali booty contestants, foreign boots will never bring stability to us. They can tip the balance and help current muscles temporarily disarm others but that will be short lived. Hesitation is the only shame here yaa Jamaacah! Lets call spade a spade, you cant fight a particular clan because some of their youths and warlords had a brief upper hand in some regions or had disproportional dividend during the civil-war profiteering. That’s just plain crude adeer. The security issue in Mogadishu is real and dangerous. But that’s neither here nor there. tfg knows very well that the defeat of icu was not a natural phenomena. It was orchestrated and propelled by the tfg’s top men, al-be-it with the help of others. For them to come out now and decry the insecurities caused by the void they created is shedding crocodile tears. Their illegitimacy is highlighted by their weakness and infectiveness. Now they are forced to engage risky urban operations with anticipation of high civilian casualties, their effort to tame our consciousness in the name of combating with anti-peace groups is really pitiable, i say!

ps-- i don’t think there will be genocide---Somalis are too primitive to do that. It requires a lot of machination to commit one! There could be some political realignment though, and a mild one at that. .

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

Abwaan - how are the people of Mogadishu any different from those in Bosaso or Hargeisa?

"...bambo if Yey tries to disarm Mogadishu by force he will be gone for good cause this was tried before and it never materialised."

Tata...

Sxb...for no doubt they are different in population size..Mogadishu has more arms around than in these other locations you mentioned as well. Do you agree with that? .....But remember sxb don't expect me to say they differ in quality.

If you want to proof this go and check it yourself.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^No, Col Ali Sacid will take care of those few cowards who thing attacking with 5 mortars every other week will break the government and people resolve.

The Charcoal traders, scrap-merchants and the remains of the clown court organisation will be taught a lesson as their armies were a few months back..

Mogadishu’s time as the ugly big sister is coming to an end; her plastic surgeon has arrived with an aim of restoring that once beautiful face.

do you know Cali Saciid? or you just heard his name from Idamaale?

The Fresh Colonel..is he another Afguduud for you@lol.........I want to ask you again for him as well...........Which police academy has he been to? Jecliyaa jabkaaga........orod hee homework u qaado.........let me give you a simple advice sxb....stop these names ee aad sidii vocabulary and keywords aa u isticmaaleysid.

Mogadishu is no difefrent to any other Somali city. Also the majority of Mogadishu population want peace and security, the small minority want a return of the clan courts or even the warlords, just so they can hang on to some loot. That wont do.

Most of the heavy weapons, technicals have been either destroyed or taken out of their hands.

Blunt but the truth..

Xiinfaniin – Yours is a rather soggy, less refined brush with which you seem to be oiling, my dear chap. For a moment there, I thought you were sporting dark shades in a dull autumn night with such gregarious prophesy of certain “clan orientated” plot against another in the South. Such contemptible blanket depiction with no tangible corroboration is disingenuous, if not insolent, and I would go so far as to brand it as demeaning of the dialogue.

Observed here are those who had been euphoric with the rise of the TFG in as much the same way as others including yours truly who continue to glorify the ICU even at this juncture when some elements of the ICU mercilessly continue shelling from behind civilians population. One observes two contesting camps at each other’s throat each vying for the droppings of the corpses. And for one to deal the high almighty hand at the poker table with the good book soiled under one’s clammy armpits that has not seen a shower for days is notoriously condescending, if not daft at best.

On one hand, there was the ICU whilst on the other there is the TFG. It is one thing to view the ICU as grassroots organisation, albeit not embraced by all, and arguable in some corners, with own feeble that had hastened own downfall, it is however another altogether to mistake their revolt for anything but that --- an uprising. A government, they were not, had no resemblance to one, and offered no visible tendencies to become one. Violent entity, the ICU had been which came about as a result of violent encounters departing in the same manner, violently. Amorous vista, I observe some still have for the thought of archetypal Islamic leadership in the land, which arguably they were not in my humble view. If it is the remote idea of effecting an Islamic state in the desired object, I am afraid the ICU demonstrated neither the intellect nor the proficiency in governing, not disregarding their dismal politicking.

On the other, there is the TFG, a product of 24-month long political process that brought together political actors in the land. It is one things if you dispute the creation of the said political process, it is another altogether to question the authority of such product should you so agree with the process, which I trust you do judging from earlier posts of yours (if I'm not mistaken), unless of course we have an anarchist in the making in our midst. Perfect entity, it hardly is. Perfect leadership, it has not. But it is the closest to a resemblance of a government, though arguably representational in some corners.

Thusly, perhaps we want to keep that in mind in discussions, and not get so high almighty with certain tenets some of us neither belief in, nor care much for.

Abwaan – so in your estimate, the only reason Mogadishu could not be disarmed is purely upon population numbering. Is that so?

Tata…

roobleh   

It is time for both camps to stop supporting the senseless violence and think about solutions. Patroitism is not the blind acceptance of the current TFG. But, that is what you have now, so start with it (with the blessing of its opponents)then fix it.