Sign in to follow this  
somalia1

Somalia defeat in 1978 and Siad Barre

somalia1   

Adam Zayla: know that Fidel Castro considers the Cuban army's role in the O-gaden war his biggest mistake in Africa cause he was anti-Imperialism but supported the Ethiopian state which build on the principle of Imperialism.

A big mistake???

I dont understand your answer,the cuban adventure in Somalia was not a mistake,Cuba and Russia won the war,that is not a mistake.If you lose a war that is mistake if you win a war that is a victory.And dont forget OUA supports the cuban intervention in Ethiopia,all the african states supported Cuba.

The Somali army suffered heavy casualties as did the Cuban army[3]

The cubans only lost 400 men the somalis 8.000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******_War

somalia1   

And after the somalia defeat in 1978,it tried to conquer Western Somalia again but Somalia was defeated by Ethiopia in 1980.

Look at this video:

http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-12044. html

Somali manpower had doubled during the conflict, but the Ethiopian army had destroyed a significant amount of Somali equipment

This aid was insufficient, however, to restore the Somali armed forces to their pre-****** War effectiveness

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/sotoc.html

Let me show you the opinion of a somali source:Said Samantar.

The ****** War of 1977-78 between Somalia and Ethiopia and the consequent refugee influx forced Somalia to depend for its economic survival on humanitarian handouts. Domestically, the lost war produced a national mood of depression

Following Moscow's decision to support Addis Ababa, Ethiopia received massive amounts of Soviet arms. Along with Soviet military advisers, about 15,000 Cuban combat troops also arrived. By early 1978, this aid had turned the tide of war in Ethiopia's favor. By March 9, 1978, when Siad Barre announced the withdrawal of the Somali armed forces from the ******, the Somali military had lost 8,000 men--one-third of the SNA, three-quarters of its armored units, and half of the Somali Air Force (SAF).

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/sotoc.html

This is an interesting topic about Somalia.Enjoy it :D:D:D

"The biggest mistake of Castro in Africa was Angola but his biggest victory was Ethiopia,because his army won the war"

:D:D

somalia1   

Adam-Zayla

I will not send any message to you,because I know the truth.

And the truth is that Cuban and Ethiopian army defeated Siad Barre and Somalia in 1978,the rest is only death,glory and treason. :(:(

For the cuban people the victory in 1978 is a symbol of victory and glory and the cuban general(Arnaldo Ochoa) who defeated Somalia in 1978 is our greatest military idol,his victory will be always remember for the cubans,ethiopians and somalis because he changed the history of these 3 nations.

Somalia will never forget him.

somalia1   

I am not obsessed with Somalia war?

But I have a problem.

I dont understand why there are many somalis who say Somalia defeated Cuba,Russia and Yemen in 1978.

That is false but they insist with that idea,they dont show any proof of their point view but they always say Somalia won that war without proofs and I Will not accept that.

Show me proofs that Somalia won that war.

somalia1   

Why this charater should be banned?

Who are you?

I am presenting my point of view if you dont agree with it show me your proofs that I am wrong.

I am not insulting Somalia I just put the truth about what happened in 1978.

If you dont agree show me your sources.

Xidigo   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Somebody ban this character.

Why? Please do tell us

Kolayba dhulqayrn kama darne.

somalia1   

I dont want to insult Somalia that is not my intention,I just want to show why Somalia lost the war,that is all.

Perhaps Horn of African doesnt like what I do,because he doesnt want you know what happened in 1978.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

btw your infamous on several forums for sending people dozens of private messages, don't send me pm's!

And I just received my first. smile.gif