Sign in to follow this  
somalia1

Somalia defeat in 1978 and Siad Barre

somalia1   

Earlier this month, in a brutally populist application of sharia law, a 13-year old girl was stoned to death in the southern Somali city of Kismayu for alleged adultery in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators

I can not believe this,the somalis killed an innocent girl and everybody is happy in Somalia,everybody agrees with this violence.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry but I can not understand this violence against an innocent girl.

Somalis are strong and brave with weak people,they killed and raped weak people but when they see an army like: Cubans and Russians in 1978,everybody knows what happens.

Somalia must be punish for this crime.

This girl was an innocent girl,she didnt do anything wrong,we must blame the killer Sheik Aweys,he is strong with weak a girl but when he saw our tanks in 1978 he ran like a coward.

And nobody in this forum says something against this crime.

Alah has mercy of the somali soul.

Because I will never forgive this crime.

Oz   

^^ Why don't you discuss these issues at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, since you there. :D

Originally posted by somalia1:

Earlier this month, in a brutally populist application of sharia law, a 13-year old girl was stoned to death in the southern Somali city of Kismayu for alleged adultery in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators

I can not believe this,the somalis killed an innocent girl and everybody is happy in Somalia,everybody agrees with this violence.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry but I can not understand this violence against an innocent girl.

Somalis are strong and brave with weak people,they killed and raped weak people but when they see an army like: Cubans and Russians in 1978,everybody knows what happens.

Somalia must be punish for this crime.

This girl was an innocent girl,she didnt do anything wrong,we must blame the killer Sheik Aweys,he is strong with weak a girl but when he saw our tanks in 1978 he ran like a coward.

And nobody in this forum says something against this crime.

Alah has mercy of the somali soul.

Because I will never forgive this crime.

Please don't regurgitate the bullsh1t you are fed by the media (at least not on these boards).

And to answer your questions about the 77/78 war, we defeated a much larger and better equipped Ethiopian army and we're very proud of it. Very few are able to so thoroughly tame a much larger archenemy.

It turns out we were no match for Soviets + Cubans + Yemenis + Libyans + ... (with a combined population of hundreds of millions). No country would be able to withstand such an attack by an enemy 20 times its size. If you and your countrymen consider this a historic victory for Cuba, then I'd hate to see what you would consider a Cuban defeat.

I've always wondered why the Americans are able to hold on to Guantanamo Bay for almost a hundred years without the slightest protest from Cuba. I now know why: Cuban defeatism.

somalia1   

Dashike

It turns out we were no match for Soviets + Cubans + Yemenis + Libyans + ... (with a combined population of hundreds of millions). No country would be able to withstand such an attack by an enemy 20 times its size

Well that is a somali problem,that is not a cuban problem,the reality is:Russia,Cuba,Ethiopia and Yemen defeated Somalia in 1978,period and nobody can change that.

Dashike

I now know why: Cuban defeatism

Well the somalis dont think that,Siad Barre was very sad when we crushed his army and his dream in 1978.

And about Guatanamo,Cuba got its independende in 1898,the cuban guerrillas with american help defeated Spain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish-American_War

The Spanish forces at Guantánamo were so isolated by Marines and Cuban forces that they did not know that Santiago was under siege, and their forces in the northern part of the province could not break through Cuban lines. This was not true of the Escario relief column from Manzanillo,[34] which fought its way past determined Cuban resistance but arrived too late to participate in the siege

Well Somalia tried to get its independence in 1920 but the poor Mad Mullah was defeated by England. :D:D:D

But that defeat was the begining of the somali disaster in Jijiga in 1978 When Cuba and Russia broke the somali army and the somali spirit.

Dashike

It turns out we were no match for Soviets + Cubans + Yemenis + Libyans + ... (with a combined population of hundreds of millions). No country would be able to withstand such an attack by an enemy 20 times its size

Well that is a somali problem,that is not a cuban problem,the reality is:Russia,Cuba,Ethiopia and Yemen defeated Somalia in 1978,period and nobody can change that.

Dashike

I now know why: Cuban defeatism

Well the somalis dont think that,Siad Barre was very sad when we crushed his army and his dream in 1978.

And about Guatanamo,Cuba got its independende in 1898,the cuban guerrillas with american help defeated Spain

The Spanish forces at Guantánamo were so isolated by Marines and Cuban forces that they did not know that Santiago was under siege, and their forces in the northern part of the province could not break through Cuban lines. This was not true of the Escario relief column from Manzanillo,[34] which fought its way past determined Cuban resistance but arrived too late to participate in the siege

Well Somalia tried to get its independence in 1920 but the poor Mad Mullah was defeated by England.
:D:D:D

But that defeat was the begining of the somali disaster in Jijiga in 1978 When Cuba and Russia broke the somali army and the somali spirit.

Your reply once again reveals how small the cuban mentality really is. If Somalia was involved in gang up on another country that's 20 times smaller than the would be attackers, it would be widely considered by Somalis as a shameful page in our history. Yet in Cuba it's a matter of national pride.

It's interesting how you try to make it seem like the US has Cuba's consent for holding on to Guantanamo Bay when that clearly isn't the case:

"The current Cuban government considers the U.S. presence in Guantánamo to be illegal and the Cuban-American Treaty to have been procured by the threat of force in violation of international law" From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantánamo_Bay

Even if I were to accept your POV, the fact still remains that it was colonial era "treaty" in which natives are robbed and then forced to put pen to paper. All such treaties no longer hold in the rest of the world. Why do they still hold for your country?

somalia1   

I dont care Guantanamo,I care Somalia and Somalia defeat in 1978.

This is a topic about Somalia defeat in 1978 not about Cuba and the reality is Cuba and Russia defeated Somalia in 1978,that is all.

You can not change that

I can not change that

God can not change that

So you have to accept the reality,Russia and Cuba defeated Somalia in 1978.

Even if I were to accept your POV, the fact still remains that it was colonial era "treaty" in which natives are robbed and then forced to put pen to paper. All such treaties no longer hold in the rest of the world. Why do they still hold for your country?

I dont care that I am very happy because We destroyed the dreams of a nation.I feel so proud of that. :D:D:D

Well let me say something:if someone here can prove me that Somalia won the war of 1977-78,defeating Cuba,Russia and Ethiopia,I will leave this forum at once. :D

But I think that I will wait for 1.000.000 years icon_razz.gif

Well But I dont want to discuss with you,my girlfriend is somali,so I like Somalia. smile.gifsmile.gif

Liqaye   

This is guy has issues, he is nothing but a troll out to give his life some meaning, do not play along ignore him and he will disappear as a figment of our collective imagination!

Chimera   

The Somali army suffered heavy casualties as did the Cuban army[3]

The cubans only lost 400 men the somalis

according to one source the death toll

was 6000 dead cuban soldiers(African Contemporary Record 1981 pg 198)

about Guatanamo,Cuba got its independende in 1898,the cuban guerrillas with american help defeated Spain

It's only with American support that Spain was defeated and this resulted in the US occupying you like the Spanish before them, :D and they continue to do so(Gitmo), where is the strong Cuban army? is it waiting for the revival of the Soviet Union :D

Cuban War of Independence

result: victory for the United States of America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_War_of_Independ ence

LMAO and yet you communist trannies act like the Americans are your worst enemies when they did all the fighting for you :D

Well Somalia tried to get its independence in 1920 but the poor Mad Mullah was defeated by England.

lol why are you comparing the British Empire - the only Hyperpower in world History - with 19th century Spain? :D the colonial history of Somalia is a tiny 40 yrs long, compare this to the 400 years Cuba was part of Spain muahaha :D

somalia1   

Hi Deputy,well you can ignore me but you can not ignore the truth and it is that Somalia lost the ****** War in 1978.

You can not change that.

somalia1   

Well I have many sources which say Cuba lost 400 men and your source is propaganda of WSLF and we defeated WSLF too.

Well I dont care how many cubans died in 1978,the reality is Cuba and Russia won the Somalia-Ethiopia war.

It's only with American support that Spain was defeated and this resulted in the US occupying you like the Spanish before them,

Yes American helped us to defeat Spain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish-American_War

The American forces were aided in Cuba by the pro-independence rebels led by General Calixto García.

The Spanish forces at Guantánamo were so isolated by Marines and Cuban forces that they did not know that Santiago was under siege, and their forces in the northern part of the province could not break through Cuban lines. This was not true of the Escario relief column from Manzanillo,[34] which fought its way past determined Cuban resistance but arrived too late to participate in the siege.

And about Mad Mullah he was defeated in 1920

lol why are you comparing the British Empire - the only Hyperpower in world History - with 19th century Spain

I am not comparing anything I just say England defeated Somalia in 1920.

I think everybody can defeat Somalia:England,Italy,Ethiopia,France,Cuba,Russia, Portugal ,Yemen. ;);)

somalia1   

Let me say this:If someone can prove me that Somalia defeated Cuba and Russia,I will leave this forum at once.

I give my word to everybody in this forum,prove my mistake and you will never see me again.

But if you can not prove that I am wrong,well I will stay here long time. :D:D:D