Che -Guevara

SECURITY ALERT FOR U.S. CITIZENS APRIL 8, 2024:threats to multiple locations in Mogadishu

APRIL 8, 2024

Event: The U.S. Embassy in Nairobi has received information about threats to multiple locations in Mogadishu, including Aden Adde International Airport in Mogadishu. All movements of U.S. Embassy personnel have been canceled for Tuesday, April 9, 2024.

The U.S. Department of State level-four travel advisory (“do not travel”) for Somalia remains in effect due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, health issues, kidnapping, and piracy.

The U.S. Embassy in Somalia reminds U.S. citizens that terrorists continue to plot kidnappings, bombings, and other attacks in Somalia.  They may conduct attacks with little or no warning, targeting airports and seaports, checkpoints, government buildings, hotels, restaurants, shopping areas, and other areas where large crowds gather and Westerners frequent, as well as government, military, and Western convoys. 

Methods of attack include, but are not limited to, car bombs, suicide bombers, individual attackers, and mortar fire.

The Department of State  has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for Somalia and advises U.S. citizens not to travel to Somalia due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, health issues, kidnapping, and piracy.

The U.S. government has extremely limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Somalia due to the lack of a permanent consular presence in Somalia.

Actions to Take: 

Continue to exercise vigilance while in Somalia.

Review your personal security plans.

Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.

Avoid large crowds, gatherings and demonstrations.

Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.

Be aware of your surroundings and local Security developments.

Monitor local media and news for updates.

I'm not clairvoyant but I DID predict this after Culusow's election.  

Unfortunately, this is only the beginning. 

As for the USA embassy warning: really? They're behind all this shyt.  

Illyria   

Al-Shabab terrorist group launched 11 mortar attacks in different parts of Mogadishu tonight. These attacks came days after the firing of the National Intelligence & Security Agency director Mahad Mohamed Salad. He has been accused of aiding Al-Shabab in the past as he facilitated such mortar attacks in the past. The presidential palace & Aden Adde International Airport were hit. The international airlines like Turkish Airlines & Ethiopian Airlines have stopped flights to Mogadishu for tomorrow!

https://twiter.com/TerraAbdirizak/status/1777450146164281669

-------------------------------------

This was the UAE comments to the UNSC, Jun. 2023.

UAEUN.ORG

Delivered By: His Excellency Sheikh Shakhboot Nahyan Al Nahyan, Minister of State I want to begin...

galbeedi   

It is the tactic of certain foreign powers. The moment they hear some political disagreements they pile on to make it worse. Mortars to Wardhiigley area usually happens ones in a while. Everyone in Mogadishu would tell you that Al-shbaab increases their campaign ten fold during the Ramadaan.

Unlike three or four years ago, today you can drive to Jawhar by car. No one can deny things are getting better in Mogadishu. As I mentioned before, the departure of Mahad Salaad was in the pipelines since early February.I open this page and all I see Dhagaxtuur saying I told you so Somalia will go down.

THis American panic mode will pass and things will get better. I wish HSM would have hired capable cabinet to tackle these major issues.