Sign in to follow this  
B

One feature

B   

Originally posted by juxa:

ooh mostapha is having first ramadan with wifey. get ready for a feast markaas.

LOOOL. She is not much of a cook. But makes up for it in other ways. God Bless her Soul :D

Kool_Kat   

**Comes in with kab dacas ah ey la dhacdo naagahaan waaweey oo shiirkooda ilaa suuqa wardhiiglay lagu soo uraanaayo oo leh foolyo ma'aqaan**

Hi-Fives Juxa, waan ogaa inaad gabar gaariyad ah tahay...

For as long as I can remember, I knew how to make foolyo from scratch...But who needs that nowadays when they have the ready foolyo?

Sumbuus is a hassle to make it, I rather just go to the maqaayad and buy it...All the hirig hirig loo maraayo just isn't worth it...

I had sambuus with basbaas qumbe the other day, alla hada suu iigu fiicnaan lahaa lee...As my sister would say 'jug iyo mac uu igu ahaan lahaa'... :D

Juxa   

hugs kool geesgees. you are right, ready made foolyo everywhere, lakin it takes on alot of saliid.

my habaryar also told me, ready made sabaayad, you just cheat a little.

to the london girls, you can place order for sanbuus this ramadan, selecting from meat, fish, veggie. it will be done and delivered,. then just freeze it and take out 10 or 15 every morning to thaw. numberka anigaa haya.

mostapha, bal wifeka meeshan ha iskaga sheegin kowdheh, enjoy the malab moon and remember meesha few malableey baa joogta, looking forward to first ramadan with new spouses

Ibtisam   

^^IS it that lady who charges £30 for 50 tiny little sorry excuse of sanbuus?? also she uses those ready made sanbuus sheets, does not have the home made feeling redface.gif

I like making sanbuus two times a month for Ramadan, it takes me the whole day to make about 100, then we just freeze them.

Juxa   

no ibti, this one is member of the finsbury park mosque i believe. she is newbie and probably will make big sanbuusa:)

anigu i am on strike, marka no sanbuus making sanadkan

Ibtisam   

^^^Okay I'm willing to try her, don't have the energy to stay in the kitchen for a whole day. I need her number inshallah.

-Lily-   

Making a batch of 34 samosas from scratch takes an hour, hour and a half at the most. What's this talk of whole day? Besides, pre-made pastry is never the same as fresh home made, and i haven't tried frozen yet, doesnt it make the veggies all soggy since the melted ice creates more water?

Ibtisam   

^^^Superwomen, the xaashiid alone takes me 1hr, then all the chopping takes me 45mins, then I go and watch something for 2hrs, then another 1hour doing the lawaxad and toasting. Then a break of about 1hr, then back for 2hrs at least of filling & folding, break for 1hr (for it to cool as well), then packing it into small bags and and freezing, then 1hr to clean up, by then it is Afur time, so another 30mins for putting afuur together (shilling, tea/water etc), then 30mins cleaning after that. THAT is the whole day. If you can do that in 1.30mins Can I adopt you please.

It does not go soggy, when u've packed in ito small bags, pour some dry flour into the bag, so that they sanbuus does not stick together, and when the ice melts, the dry flour will absorb the water.

I just want to eat the damn thing. Can we stop talking about it, please? It's too much effort to make from scratch. Make it before Ramadan; it's a waste of Ramadan time seriously.I eat less n less every year. Fat, meat and carbs. Heart attack on a plate. *Does anyone have some now?* LooL.

-Lily-   

Ibti, I will write up my recepie when I get the chance because it sounds like you are doing too much work.

Enough topic hijacking, physical: eyes, non physical: friendship.