Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Heavy clashes start in Mudug....

Kashafa   

The clan courts are a clan we have lived with for centuries, nothing new about this type of conflict

And there you have it in a nutshell, folks. El-Generale will always be part of the problem, not the solution, simply becauuse of his inabilty to move beyond the average Somali mind-set: "us-versus-them".... "anaka iyo ayaga aa is naqaano"

Thankful   

Remember your courts are made up of one tribe!!! All it's leaders are one tribe! It's easy to try and brush away the tribal issue for you and them, because that is your biggest weakness. They call themselves Islamic Union, but their decision makers are one tribe. What kind of union is that? Of course the tribal issue is one you want everyone to stop talking about, but they will never have other leaders from somalia as their number 1 and 2. So if you have a problem with people talking about tribal issues, start with your tribal courts.

Abdi2005   

There is no plan from the courts to attack puntland but if puntland militia use warlords like qeybdid to wage war outside their territory then the courts have the right to fight them. Its best that Cadde Muuse removes his forces from south mudug, go back to North galkacyo(puntland) and stop supporting criminals like qeybdid.

^^^A/Qaybdeed and if we support him is a side issue, are the clan courts not the ones who are trying to create sub-sub-clan courts within Puntland which has a central admin?

One can easily say the clan courts need to stop supporting Yusuf IndaCade and his clans aggression against the people of Bay [bur-Hakabo] and occupation of lower Shabbele..

Also why the claim of the courts and their suporters over South Mudug? Is not all about clan..

You can not have your cake and eat it.

This latest disturbance, will bring forth many memories of the early 90's!

Puntland is united, it's people are united and Puntland isn't attacking anyone, that's enough credentials to ensure, that we will not be colonised/occupied by thugs, drug-barons and pseudo-wadaads!

Things have to calm down, because the infamous clan-courts as they were so appriopately and timely dubbed by General Duke, have not the guts nor the desire to engage in all out war! Ethiopia is coming and Puntland want's to kill us is their latest excuse!

Puntland will move forward but never ever will they move the opposite direction! Defiance and bravery are our trademarks!

Already thousands of Darawiish have ascended down to Bendiraadley, forcing courts militia to run towards Mogadishu, as they knew, they couldn't handle them!

They came from every possible region of Puntland, all the way from Garowe and they just not UM soldiers as some person described, who himself goes by the name of his sublcan!

But they're from every tribe, darawiish and civilians alike are tonight and all day decending on Benadiraadley, where will Cayrow and co hide I'd like to know?

Quickly go and rush before your little black backsides are kicked by the darawiish of Puntland!

The religious folks accompanying the soldiers, and preaching to them, that they have to defend their land and properties from wild beasts, that wants to plunder is applaudable!

Victory to Puntland and I hope, they don't stop at benaadiraadley but chase this folks all the way back to Mogadishu, I'm not for occupying other clans lands, but if Puntland forces would be able to go all the way to balcad, to show us, what the clan fanatics are really about, would be indeed welcomed!

Victory to Puntland,

NGONGE   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Saxib, stop with the nonsence. We in Puntland are confident of defending our land and interest just like any other clan in Somalia. The clan courts are a clan we have lived with for centuries, nothing new about this type of conflict..

Heh. Was merely trying to elevate the discussion from this pathetic chest beating into something more tangible and readable, soldier.

Still, maybe you’re not yet ready for a proper discussion on this subject and are only paving the way for a later assault. It’s a shame really. I personally would have loved to read your take on this issue. And, when I say your take I don’t at all mean empty boasts with nothing to support it but rather a solid case and argument. Ah well, I suppose that when those arguing against you are almost all going on about how the Courts are god’s chosen people that will conquer all in their way you really have no choice but to respond in kind. Lets hope that, in time, you all get tired of the bravado and finally get round to discussing the subject at hand with the respect it deserves.

Where are Tolstoy and Samurai Warrior when one most needs their input!

^^No bravado saxib, its a difficult time, we seem to be in a time of war again and there is no need to over analyze anything. Its a clan war between two of the most armed clans in Somalia.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

It would be wise for second if we stepped out of this cartoonish box which you are wondering within,and stepped to the light to catch some reality.

In reality,Puntland authority feels threatened,the majority of its people are calm and at peace,for they know the ICU aim isn't to take nor caused disturbance to their region at the moment,however to capture the evil soul that remains to cause violence in the region.

As Sh.Maxamed Ziyad noted,the ICU forces wouldn't be stationed at the outskirts of Galkacayo for three months if they wanted to as you put it,transgress into land which isn't "theirs".

Moreover,Puntland authority seems to be sheltering a thug from Xamar whom if they knew anything would have known he is the very man who took key role in the clan conflicts in early 90s you speak,he is the same man who killed your very kins men if we were to speak on clan bases.Therefore,it would be rather redicolous to say the least to critise one while at the same time overlooking the real terror,the real criminal,the same man whom was arrested in Sweden for crimes against humanity.The crimes that he commited were commited against non other than your very own kinsmen,if you know what I mean.Why is it very hard to grasp reality which we are all a witness of.

On the other hand,the ICU has display termendous patience in dealing with the chest beating of Cadde Muse as well as the loud noised screaching from Baydhabo.I have full confidence as individual and so are many who aren't deaf nor blind have on the ICU.We are confident the ICU will handle this situation in the best way possible,Why?

-Because they care about the wellbeing of the Somai citizen everywhere,a great example would be that Sh.Maxamed Ziyad IndhaCadde and criminal Col.Qaybdiid hail from the same tribe yet they are apposing with two different agenda,one being Islam and rule of Allah,and one being corrupt self interest motive,which is Qaybdiids'hence for his name.

If as you countless times accused the ICU of being clan based courts had any truth behind your claim,then Gen.Morgan,wouldn't be sitting in Muqdisho confortably or walking around within the city without guardsman.If you are Gen.Maxamed Hirsi"Morgan",you are very thankful.

Furthermore,Col.Cumar Jess wouldn't also be sitting in peace in Xamar or near it,if we followed on the bases of your arguments which accuses the ICU of being one clan trying to dominate others.

It doesn't make sense to the saliim mind,that one would shelter the most lethal and corrupt of all criminals in the present,Qaybdiid,yet accuse the ICU which we have all witnessed its success of being the wrong side.

In reality,it's you Pland authority that is sheltering the bad,it's the ICU that is setting people on the straight path,like Morgan,like Cumar Jess and many countless others.

This is a mission that shall not falter regardless of what a sickened mind would utter,it's mission that is destined to prevail regardless of what happens,because Allah is in support of it.

It's documented in history that usually evils unite against the good,I gues history repeats itself,when corrupt leader of Pland,Gen.Cadde Muse unites with a man who commited crimes against the Somalis notably that of his alliant,yet they unite,because they have the same agenda,corrupt personal interest.

Why shall I accuse col.Qaybdiid,while Morgan and his likes are in the ICU,well the answer to that would be,that Allah,exalted is HE in might,forgives those who repent,Gen.Maxamed Xirsi Morgan repented or at least is making the effort,but on the other col.Qaybdiid and his likes such Gen.Cadde Muse of Pland,and TFGs' col.Abdullahi Yusuf are all riding in the same path which made them famous for being ruthless and terror to the decent human beings.That I shall accuse them for,and for that I expect their defeat Insha Allah.

How can one,whom for the first time in long history,brought Ethiopia's troops without the consent of the country's citizens have much say.How can one who continous to this day can't seem to sort himself out of this mess consider himesle to be the president of a republic,whilst the overwhelming majority of which he claims to represent see him as daba dhilif xabashi and 'strip'dancer for the same regime that terrorises other Somalis in Western Somali'regions' Zone five otherwise known as Kililka 5aad? I think everyone knows the likes of Col.Abdullahi Yusuf col.Qaybdiid,Gen.Cadde Muse,these men which are on tap of my tonight's discussion are corrupt and are the lowest of all creatures who lack the basic skill of humans require in order to even have a say in public,simply pathetic to come to their defence.

This is one of few times that we have witnessed Ethiopian soldiers along with natives from Somalia fighting against their own brothers.It would make sense if the ICU was the right target,however the ICU are the ones who rescued arguably the world's most dangerous city,they are the ones who have given everyoen a hope of reconcilation and unification of disconnected Somali people,yet is quite hard to understand that EThiopia actually knows that,yet is avoiding that to happen,so they are using the likes of which I mentioned above to make their case prevail,yet agian,it's unfortunate to say the least that Somali so called citizens don't seem to figure that out,or may they know,but just they selfishness is overtaking them,either way,it's shame.

As the Somali proverb goes (walaalka markhaatiga ku fur, magtana labixi).This is very suitable provert which I included,it address,the mentality of few Somali either on the cyber space or simply fadhi ku dirirs else where,who time again fail to see the truth,because of loyalty they have for their respective clans,they chose to side with 'em no matter what,regardless of their kins view or whether they are right or not is not in their most frequent to ask questions,rather the loyalty which they hold for their kinsmen leads them to see the truth as wrong,I can only hope that Allah,since HE can only bring sense into these people,brings some sense into 'em by showing them the right path...Amin.

Ladies and Gentelman,brothers and sisters of my beloved people,I urge you to stand firm in the believe that our people and our country will be fixed once again in accordance to the Islamic Rule of Allah,I have full confidence and I will not question anyone that Allah and the rightous will prevail,that I believe and for it I stand by.

Assalamu Calaykum.

^^^Saxib, first you could have shortened the whole article into a few lines.

You speak of the people and the admin of Puntland as seperate entities. Are the people in SOL part of the admin or the masses?

Every one from the state and the clan is up for the defence of the state againt the clan courts.

The courts clan millitia if they could would have attacked Galkacyu as they had no qualms of attacking Kismayu, Buaale and even Benderadlay, which is 75km from Galkacyu.

They would have attacked Baidoa as they had done in Bur-Hakabo.

Why not Galkacyu and Baidoa? because they are facing a well armed armies in both sides.

The lying Clan courts of LCC are facing a dilema, an all out war in South Mudug/Galgaduud and Bay/Lower Shabbele would dispel the myth of power they have built up for the past four months. Hence the rush to open negotiations with the TFG and the acceptance of IGAD mediation..

Also Red Sea, Puntland is strong as ever, its people support it.

RedSea   

You see,that is the reason of when I say they are trying to stay from confronting the TFG and mini state of Puntland,because they know that could further trigger an all out war.The reason is,pay attention now sir,for the well being of the people.Not many lives were reported killed in any of those areas you mentioned,only in Xamar was the civilian casualty very high,because it had to be in order to rid those warlords.

But Baydhabo is different situation,they are not threat to the people in the region at the moment nor is Puntland, they will deal with them differently,it's more political than by force,but Cadde Muse is beating his chest like a baboon in order to create war atmosphere,if you call that being united,then I feel sorry for you dear.

Well said Duke! You put every argument of the brother to be simply baseless! Courts don't shun attacking and 'grapping' other people's land for in their midst are the worst and evil occupiers Somalia has ever seen, what is Indhacadde doing in Marka, Dhuxolow in Barraawe and Jimcaale in Afgooye, may I ask Red Sea?

This gangsters are from Guriceel and Galguduud but not the lower Shabelle, can't you see the argument, yaa Red Sea!

This courts as Duke put it, have been placed in their right place, that's why they want quickly to negotiate, although previously weey is qaad qaadeen, because they became arrogant and believed to got 'mystical powers' but that has been disproved!

They were against Kenya becoming chief negotiater of the talks because they felt that Kenya was not impartial! Now as planes have not landed in Mogadishu and ICU controlled areas for the last two days, they suddenly rush into talks, why Red Sea, because they know, the people they claim, who support them would turn against them and the tide would be in the favour of the TFG because of the ban!

In order to safeguard their clannish interests, they now singing praises of the Kenyans, which before they patronised, open up your eyes walaal Red Sea!

^^General Sakhar, put it nicely, the Puntland State is a big problem for the clan court, its 34% of Somalia and with it in the TFG sphere of influance they can not claim to control the majority of the country. Thus this attck and setting up clan courts within the state.

Red Sea, needs to understand the clan courts in a war stand little chance in Mudug, hence the fleeing of civilians from Cadaado and Galinsoor, they know the cost with their neigbours in the North East.