Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Why is Somaliland stable Somalia anarchic?

^^ :D:D

That’s not what these threads supposed to mean though. They supposed to highlight the positive aspects of Somaliland. But in this particular case that sentiment is poorly expressed.

Somaliland has a headstart on the other autonomous states like Maakhir and Puntland, which in turn have a headstart on the rest of Somalia.

The Somaliland leadership chose early on to focus their efforts on building their region rather than fighting to rule Somalia, so they have a 17 year headstart. Puntland abandoned the idea only in 1998, so they only have a 9 year headstart. Maakhir and Galmudug are just starting their journey.

Eventually all the regions will learn the same lesson, declare themselves autonomous, and the slow rebuilding will begin. The regions that fight to rule Somalia will continue to be the worst areas of Somalia. For instance Southwestern State between 1998 and 2004 was rebuilding and kept pace with Puntland, but once they became involved in fighting to rule Somalia they have backslid.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Emperor:

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

It is amazing how certain Slanders enjoy the misfortune of Southern Somalia...Shame shame shame...

Indeed it's sad and absolutely shameful, there is an Arabic proverb that says "Muusibatu qa'wmin cinda qa'min farax", or in other words one man's misfortune is another man's great content, or perhaps a joyful achievement
:D
Says the man who supports the invasion and occupation of his country,,,,,such nationalists :D

RedSea   

^ :D Nationalists indeed.

Note: that inan oo xijaabka xidhan is mujaahidad from when the ICU was in Xamar. God bless her if she has died, if not God bless still...

Funny how secessionits who were praying for a prelonged war between the defeated clan courts supported by Eritrea and the TFG forces aided by Ethiopia. Are now upset that the war they wished for was only a week long and the government they despise, since it makes their clan day dream into naught has won.

Thus those who pride themselves on "Somaliland" is cool, can teach nothing to the rest of Somali's. ;)

RedSea   

Funny how you make it a war of ICU backed by Eritrea vs. TFG backed by Ethiopia. That was clearly not the case Duke.

*furhtermore, read my signature brotha*.

^^^Adeer you are right not only Eritrea was involved as the whole world stated, but the ONLF, OLF and other rebels based in Asmara. Not to mention foreign fighters who burned the Somali flag in Kismayu and have even spoken out this week. Thus the Ethiopians, Ugandan;s came to aid a recognised and soverign nation against all sorts of criminals. Home grown and otherwise led by Aferwaki.

The Eritrean and foreigner threat was ridiculously overstated. Far from the 2000 Eritrean soldiers and thousands of OLF and ONLF fighters, the Ethiopian/TFG force found no foreign fighters and a single Eritrean officer.

Ethiopia's invasion was correspondingly massively understated. Even as late as December the claim was still being made that there were less than a hundred Ethiopian "advisors" in Somalia.

None of the other claims made in the famous report were ever substantiated, and some are patently ridiculous like the ICU sending soldiers to Lebanon.

^^^Adeer, Eritreans and foreighn involvement was a fact, they made the clan courts of Indacade and Co unstopable against other Somali groups. They empolyed suicide bombings unheard of in Somalia and discipline unheard of from these militias of the USC.

The fact is that after their defeat only Asmara their nation state ally gave support.

The Ethiopian reaction was to deal a blow to Asmar and the rebels, thats why as you said it was over the top.

The foreign fighters are there, Al Amiriki is talking today while another white American has been sentenced to jail in the US after being captured at the kenyan border.

RedSea   

Originally posted by The Duke:

^^^Adeer you are right not only Eritrea was involved as the whole world stated, but the ONLF, OLF and other rebels based in Asmara. Not to mention foreign fighters who burned the Somali flag in Kismayu and have even spoken out this week. Thus the Ethiopians, Ugandan;s came to aid a recognised and soverign nation against all sorts of criminals. Home grown and otherwise led by Aferwaki.

i am sorry we are fasting. Thus i can't lie.

carry on,

Emperor   

Originally posted by Northener:

Says the man who supports the invasion and occupation of his country,,,,,such nationalists

Brother that is your intepretation of my stand, it's magic how u can read pple's minds, you what thou, it is Ramadan and I can't take part in a tit-for-tat conversation. I shortly can say to you that Im not supporting an entity thats occopying my country, I support the legal government of my country, what you interpret as an invasion could totally mean different to others, we are all different and have different brains or intellect, I respect your veiw thou.

Red Sea

Good on you, one should not break his fast because he has no real knowledge regarding what he considers to be the "south" or that other Somalia. I deal with facts..

haraadigii_maxaakiimta_koonfurta8.jpg

Oh there are no foreign fighters

The world is speaking about Somaliland ,, it is not the time Somaliland would speak to world.

Therefore, if anyone has an argument concerning the proposed debate he/she should get the ticket, fly to South Africa and give his/her concerns in the meeting.

No one is taking the Somalia's tragic to use for its own purpose .... Somalia's tragic is done by Somalis and it can be ended only by somalis.

Just to let you know,,,,, SOMALILAND IS NOTHER CASE like it or not.

^ you secessionists guys amaze me wallahi when you keep trying to convince us as there were two countries one called Somalia and the other one Somaliland. Xattaa annagiiba? waxyaalaha qaarkood waa laga xishhooda nimanyahow. Waagii aad weel duwataan oo aduunku idin aqoonsado markaas xaq waa u leedihiin inaad dal iyo dowlad iska dhigtaan oo isugu wacdaan, balse inta ka horeysa naga aayara bal calwasaadka.

"Why is Somaliland stable & Somalia anarchic?" this is sick if not cruel.

Speak to the world sxb .......

Somaliland is a reality on the ground like it or not .....

Aqoonsiga anagaa isu hayna hadii aanaan anagu is aqoonsan marka hore adduunkuna na aqoonsan maayo ,,, i hope you get it.

Again, Idinku maxaad uga xanaaqaysaa haday dadku tashadeen oo ay yidhaahdeen idinma rabno ,,, ma khasab baa jacaylku ?? :D