Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Deadline nears + wepon handed over: PICS

Xoogsade   

The armed clans have legitimate fear to hold on to their weapons. Unless these fears are addressed in a manner satisfactory to them, weapons are kept and no one can force them to disarm. The clans already met many times and discussed about their future and decided weapons are to be kept for self defense.

^^^lol, the armed clans have legitimate fear you say. Well the unarmed clans have lived through the nightmare of these groups. They have met you say, none has publicly spoken out and said they will keep their guns.

The armed clans will have no choice, the days when the likes of Qaynyare and IndaCade could keep the people hostige is over.

Remmeber some clans decided to try and keep the farms and lands of lower Shabbele, you know what happened.

It is not about collecting weapons ,, it is about reconsiliation and rehabilitation ,,, clans can keep their weapons like Yemen for example ,, but before any dialogue of collecting weapons, trust must be there first.

The TFG should focus on reconsiliation, rehabilitation, talks, setting the administration of the regions, and gaining the people's heart before asking them their weapon, then the people will volunterily give up their arms.

^^^A good point, but note that all clans are represented in the TFG, there is not a single clan left behind. The issue is not to allow groups to high jack the name of certain clans in order to create mayhem. The major cities, Mogadishu, Kismayu, Baidoa, Galkacyu must be gun free. There must be no compromise on this. Light arms for protection, liscensing of weapons might be an option, but not technicals and heavy artillary.

Though talks, reonciliation and discussion will always be paramount.

Regardless of all clans representatives in the TFG we still need to sort out some other things and clear the path for peaceful and trustful environment.

Today is the last day of giving up the weapons, what do we expect tomorrow ??? Attack on the people who have weapons ?? ,, i don't think is the best option unless the TFG is not self confident.

People just gone through deadly fightings and thousands were lost from the both sides ,,, they need to take a breath and think of peace instead of taking their weapons by force.

I STILL SAY, PEOPLE'S HEARTS ,,,,, PEOPLE'S HURTS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE ,,,,,

Muqdisho: Salaad Cali Jelle oo digniin ka soo saaray hubka wali Mudisho ku dhex jira.

Khamiis, January 04, 2007

Muqdisho (AllPuntland)- Wasiir ku xigenka gaashaan dhiga ee dawladda Soomaaliya Salaad Cali Jelle ayaa waxa uu shaaca ka qaaday in ay dhamaatay wakhtigii hub uruurinta ee dhowaan uu qabtay ra`isul wasaaraha dawladda Soomaaliya.

Salaad Cali Jelle ayaa waxa uu cadeeyay xukuumadda Soomaaliya wixii hadda ka danbeeya ay xukuumadda Soomaaliya doonanayso in ay hubka soo ururiso oo aysan cidka ugu dul qaadan doonin.

Wasiirka ayaa waxa uu cadeeyay in xukuumaddu aysan wax wakhti ah ku dari donin xilligii ay qabatay oo saddexda maalmood ahaa.

Hadalkaasi ayaa waxa uu ka sheegay shir jaraa`id oo uu ku qabtay magaalada Muqdisho ee xarunta dalka Soomaaliya.

Ugu danbayntii waxa u mudane Jelle digniin u jeediyay dadka magaalada Muqdisho ku dhex haysta hubka noocyadiisa kala duwan.

Magaalada Muqdisho ayaa waxaa ka soconaya hub uruurin guud, iyada oo qaar ka mid ah beelaha gobolka Banaadir ay soo xero galiyeen hubkooda.

Mahad Jama Koronto

AllPuntland

Regardless of all clans representatives in the TFG we still need to sort out some other things and clear the path for peaceful and trustful environment.

Today is the last day of giving up the weapons, what do we expect tomorrow ??? Attack on the people who have weapons ?? ,, i don't think is the best option unless the TFG is not self confident.

People just gone through deadly fightings and thousands were lost from the both sides ,,, they need to take a breath and think of peace instead of taking their weapons by force.

I STILL SAY, PEOPLE'S HEARTS ,,,,, PEOPLE'S HURTS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE ,,,,,

^^^I agree with you, I dont think there will be an attack on people, but measure could be put in place, pressure could be put on certain elders and leaders that the clans must bring in their heavy wepons. By no means should there be a war against clans, but also one must not tolerate armed gangs that have wepons to destroy whole sections of the city. Also this is not confined to Mogadishu, Kismayu, and the central regions even in Galkacyu they are stepping up this program of disarming the population.

Liqaye   

Hehehe no one is giving up wepons with out a full framework being articulated, 3 days or I will kick you in the nuts does not work.

Abwaan   

Framwork maaba kuwaan xisaabta ugu jira? I was suprised to see Salaad Jeelle oo warqad notes ku soo qortay oo ka akhrinayaa maalin dhoweyd mar aan filayo inuu dekadda joogey oo uu ka hadlayey. Waxaa la dareemi karay inay warqadda kor-u-haynteedu xitaa dhib ku ahayd sida C/llaahi Yuusuf aan ku arkay isagoo shir u joogey Sudan.

I heard that Salaad Jeelle used to be Kabiir Dugsi Quraan and then he was Kabiirka Jowhar for Maxamed Dheere. Hadana waa wasiir ku xigeenka gaashaandhigga. Adduunoow ba', Barre Hiiraalena waa u wasiir. Weligey Dowlad ka ayaan daran. Dadkii aqoonta lahaa xitaa wax maka dhigi waayeen. I cannot wair marka aan arko inta Dowlad Soomaaliyeed ay dhalato dad aqoon lehna xilal loo dhiibto.

*Kabiir waxaa la dhihi jirey ama loo yaqaaney, gacan-yaraha macallinka dugsiga caawiya oo uu uga tagto

Castro   

Inventory of weapons collected by TFG at the end of the deadline set by prime minister Geedi:

1) 12 broken Russian made AK-47 assault rifles

2) 1 Japanese Toyota Land Cruiser pickup (missing both the transmission and anti-aircraft gun)

3) 5 Israeli handguns with serial numbers intact

4) 15 Turkish kitchen knives (many dull, most rusted)

5) 10 weaponized Somali ( :D ) door knobs

6) 5 Ethiopians

In a late press conference on Thursday, the prime minister hailed the success of the disarmament drive and thanked all those who gave up their weapons. He also assured the citizens of Muqdisho now that most, if not all, of the weaponized door knobs are off the streets of the capital, the long and arduous task of rebuilding the war-ravaged country can earnestly begin. :D

Its a first step a step in the right directions, negotiations are taing place, the clan eldeers are working behind the secenes and insha Allah this will be a success.

The TFG is deteremined to disarm the whole population.

So far it has captured in the last 8 days an estimated 120 technicals and destroyed many more as the clan courts fled. The rest will be taken due time insha Allah.