Che -Guevara

Somaliland and Ethiopia signs "Historic" MoU on access to Red Sea and Establishment of Naval Base

22 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Ethiopians on Tiktok

Well thats dangerous they havent arrived and they already started claiming 

1 minute ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Because they are very desperate for sea access, No idea what BIIHI was thinking, but I believe they must have approached previous SL leaders, who rejected this absurd idea

18 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Because they are very desperate for sea access, No idea what BIIHI was thinking, but I believe they must have approached previous SL leaders, who rejected this absurd idea

the cost werent as high as they are now  Djbouti  overcharges them its now 2 billion dollars a year . Meles wasnt as eager as this Galla fellow.

Meles never wanted to recognize Somaliland under no circumstance he was afraid that he will lose the grip over the Koonfurians as this would anger them he was keeping the balance not angering one somali against them. He equally kept them divided and they were Beholden to him , I dont know how he did that. How ever it worked for him he had good ties with ina rayaale. Even when rayaale  captured laascanood from Adde and abdilahi yusuf , i dont know what he said to Yey and Cadde but he stopped a full blown war between Somaliland and Puntland or puntland chickend out i dont know.  Meles also didnt want to recognize Somaliland because that would mean that Somaliland wouldnt need him any more and actually be fully independent and help Somalia come back from the ashes,  he cant have that. Some one had to break the cycle and Somalis cant break the Cycle, its so hard for them to compramise they view it as defeat  His worse nightmare was if Somalis were having peace talks between them with out general gabre the General he send to Somalia.. I dont think Muuse Biixi at 75 doesnt want to rent parts of Somaliland to Ethiopia because he likes Ethiopia when he was 32 years he was an airforce Pilot bombing Ethiopia during the Somali Ethio war. To liberate the heart land of his people from Ethiopia. But  i dont think he has no other choice , he also wants to secure Somaliland place at the world stage for our childeren and grand childeren to have a future among the nations . And i dont think those in the Bunker ever want to see Somalilanders to live as free Somalilanders, so its dillema its difficult its hard its bitter. if this deal goes through i think both sides Somalia and Somaliland wil have regrets why they didnt make deals among themselves and it also affects Djibouti port business  it effects every one . Wa labba daran mid dooro Cross road bala maraya. I remember a year or two ago Abiye was preaching Bixii and farmaajo to unite so that he can have a nother noble peace price or what ever he thought he could solve the Somalia and Somaliland conflict . but he couldnt really  two years later he is obsessed with having a sea outlet  and is willing to give it all up and give Somaliland what it so much desires , but is it worth it For Somaliland recogntion from Ethiopia .What will change really wil the rest of Africa follow or will it remains just Ethiopia. These are all calculations we have to measure.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Yes, just listen to the list of towns and cities that they are mentioning

Xaaji,

Bihi's desperation is not out of concern for Somaliland. It is a political survival. He could have held elections and let the next admin with a full mandate decide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

the cost werent as high as they are now  Djbouti  overcharges them its now 2 billion dollars a year . Meles wasnt as eager as this Galla fellow.

Meles never wanted to recognize Somaliland under no circumstance he was afraid that he will lose the grip over the Koonfurians as this would anger them he was keeping the balance not angering one somali against them. He equally kept them divided and they were Beholden to him , I dont know how he did that. How ever it worked for him he had good ties with ina rayaale. Even when rayaale  captured laascanood from Adde and abdilahi yusuf , i dont know what he said to Yey and Cadde but he stopped a full blown war between Somaliland and Puntland or puntland chickend out i dont know.  Meles also didnt want to recognize Somaliland because that would mean that Somaliland wouldnt need him any more and actually be fully independent and help Somalia come back from the ashes,  he cant have that. Some one had to break the cycle and Somalis cant break the Cycle, its so hard for them to compramise they view it as defeat  His worse nightmare was if Somalis were having peace talks between them with out general gabre the General he send to Somalia.. I dont think Muuse Biixi at 75 doesnt want to rent parts of Somaliland to Ethiopia because he likes Ethiopia when he was 32 years he was an airforce Pilot bombing Ethiopia during the Somali Ethio war. To liberate the heart land of his people from Ethiopia. But  i dont think he has no other choice , he also wants to secure Somaliland place at the world stage for our childeren and grand childeren to have a future among the nations . And i dont think those in the Bunker ever want to see Somalilanders to live as free Somalilanders, so its dillema its difficult its hard its bitter. if this deal goes through i think both sides Somalia and Somaliland wil have regrets why they didnt make deals among themselves and it also affects Djibouti port business  it effects every one . Wa labba daran mid dooro Cross road bala maraya. I remember a year or two ago Abiye was preaching Bixii and farmaajo to unite so that he can have a nother noble peace price or what ever he thought he could solve the Somalia and Somaliland conflict . but he couldnt really  two years later he is obsessed with having a sea outlet  and is willing to give it all up and give Somaliland what it so much desires , but is it worth it For Somaliland recogntion from Ethiopia .What will change really wil the rest of Africa follow or will it remains just Ethiopia. These are all calculations we have to measure.

Thanks for your input, 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Xaaji,

Bihi's desperation is not out of concern for Somaliland. It is a political survival. He could have held elections and let the next admin with a full mandate decide.

i doubt ina biixi cares for elections  i dont think he even considers to hold elections in decemeber in 2024, just thought and the opposition are just so weak  and are out of fresh ideas . their mind is as archaic as that of Biixi

2 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

i doubt ina biixi cares for elections  i dont think he even considers to hold elections in decemeber in 2024, just thought and the opposition are just so weak  and are out of fresh ideas . their mind is as archaic as that of Biixi

There's the problem. He will do more harm than anyone else. It is almost like he wants no one after he is gone. This deal might be another con job. He sold everything he could in Hargeisa. I guess the land and sea were the next logical thing.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Uganda ba wa landlocked inta kale haka kiireyo  iyaguna ha aqoonsadan., than there wont be any land left for ina biixi to control

Illyria   

The Chairperson of the African Union Commission calls for mutual respect between Ethiopia and Somalia

Addis Ababa, 3 January 2024 : The Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union, H.E Moussa Faki Mahamat, has been closely following the tension resulting from signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between Ethiopia and the region of  Somalia (Somaliland) .

The Chairperson calls for calm and mutual respect to de-escalate the simmering tension between the Governments of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the Federal Republic of Somalia. In this regard He urges the two countries  to refrain from any action  that unintentionally  may lead to a deterioration of the good relations between the two neighbouring Eastern African countries.

He stresses the imperative to respect unity, territorial integrity and full sovereignty of all African Union member states including  Federal Republic of Somalia and Federal Democratic republic of Ethiopia .

Furthermore, the Chairperson underscores the importance of adhering to the norms of good neighbourliness to promote and consolidate peace, security and stability in the Horn of Africa region.

He urges the two brother countries to engage without delay in a négociation process to settle their differences in  the most constructive, peaceful and collaborative manner  to consolidate  and deepen their cooperation to serve peace  and security in the region.

He reaffirms  that African Union will stand strongly   in their side to encourage an African solution to this African new tension.

Jabuuti iyo Imaaraadka uu Xasan Socdaal caabudi jiray, 15 booqasho ugu between them, are quietly siding with Xabashada. Qadar ia the only sincere partner that responded, standing with Soomaaliya. Masar, too, laakiin Masar dantooda saas ah, not for dan Soomaaliya.

Why doesn't Xasan Socdaal iskugu waco emergency meetings for IGAD, Jaamacadda Carabta iyo Midowga Afrika? I honestly believe he was aware of this deal, got a cut and gave the go-ahead, laakiin wajigabax ku noqotay markuu arkay the widespread opposition by Soomaalida damiirka leh.

Tallaabo   
2 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

What do you expect?

Tallaabo   
1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

There's the problem. He will do more harm than anyone else. It is almost like he wants no one after he is gone. This deal might be another con job. He sold everything he could in Hargeisa. I guess the land and sea were the next logical thing.

Everything in Hargeisa was sold before ina Biixi by Siilanyo and and looters who surrounded him. Muuse wants to sell the land and sea now. After Muuse is gone, the corrupt opposition can sell the homeless starving people. 

54 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

Everything in Hargeisa was sold before ina Biixi by Siilanyo and and looters who surrounded him. Muuse wants to sell the land and sea now. After Muuse is gone, the corrupt opposition can sell the homeless starving people. 

We are cursed. I was watching the floods in NFD. Thanks to the devolution in Kenya, each country gets money directly.  Guess where the money allocated Mandera, Garrisa and Wajir counties,? Most are re-routed to Nairobi. 

The roads were impassable for weeks. Commerce stopped and people couldn't get services. The local admins had the audacity to call out the central government for inaction. 

Duufaan   
On 1/1/2024 at 3:07 PM, Arafaat said:

There is a general public opinion that the political stagnation in Somaliland can not remain and current directions can not continue to be sustained, and thus why politicians are desperately looking for other pathways. 

This is probably the reason. In Jabuuti meeting, Biixi was offered a confederation with South Somalia by Geele and Xasan sheikh, just few days after Hassan canceled the Khaatumo team to join the regions game in moqdisho. He asked money but they did not offered him anything for him. He was already planning to go Adis and Biixi decided to accept the Abiya sea option instead.

In 1887, the Somalialnd  elders signed a protection treaty with British and Khaatumo people paid the highest price to save somalis in the region. For this time the matter of sea should stay between Somalilanders and Ethiopia. Let them sort out for their mess