Sign in to follow this  
Foxy

Let’s Talk fashion trends and Accessories Gals, lets start with “denim Jeans

I hate shopping. The selection is so depressingly small. They are either too short, too small, too tight, too colourful or just plain too ugly! :mad:

Im a skirt girl though. Have not wore a dress in years. I don't even think that there exists a good dress out there anymore---that is a long one that you don't have to pair with something else. Did anyone find it yet?

Foxy   

Hello Gals

I must admit all the above shoes are to die for…….Good choice…….

It is a plus for the short ladies to wear platforms or high heels but for those with natural hight its recommended not to over do it…lol

Gypsy lookin skirts with bright colors are the way to go for spring and early summer………

I must admit that in the world of fashion, it seems that just about every lifestyle to its trendiest seems to have a bit of the Utililty look even though it has been around in couple seasons if not decades, but designers are feeding on it like there is no 2morrow….Now a days Team cargo pants/rugged jeans with heels…U-Vola You have an instant sex appeal

Not to forget the good old Military look… Khaki-greens and brown are perfect teamed with metallic accessories like macramé belts, and earthy jewelry, Gives U the instant Urban look……..may we say more>>>>>

Pocket details are big now a days, You just cant get away from them, besides I must admit its every womens desire to have as many pockets available on a bag, let alone pants or skirts, For once we will have somewhere to put all over extra’s………

White and lime light green colours seem to be the in thing Just like Orange and lightish yellow were in last year…..

Must say, black tops (whether see through or not) with beaded shirt overlay paired with hipster darker shade jeans is in thing, with the must have platform shoes/open toes flat ones

There is also the whole trend on the trainer Glam now adays…….. there is this urban style notion that is promoting the idea of “ this gear isn’t for the Gym, Its leisure wear at its most comfortable†Mixing yellow and blue, with white and blue for having a summerly feel to it..

Trends for the working class Gal…..

Straight-leg pants and single-breasted jackets always look professional and wont date……Buckles on bags and belts pull the look together

Cheers

-Lily-   

Well, I really loved the gypsy skirt and all the metalic craze, the big belts, but now, everywhere I turn around someone is wearing them. I hate looking like everyone else. In a few weeks they will all be out of fashion, what happened to 50's style? 40s elegenace? (although I'm told its making a big come back for autumn). I prefer the classic pieces that look elegant and wont date too quick. I do like the sophisticated safari look.

Bags are just a delight, in crocodile textures in every colour really brighten up my work suits, and nice heels to match.

Rahima   

LoL @ you. You must be pretty tall.

Not really (5’8-5’9), it’s just that the Aussies like skimpy clothing coz of the weather down here. They have this fascination with everything short and tight :mad: .

Those shoes do need getting used to. But they are just so scrumptiously beautiful that I can't help buying them. I bought a pretty pair two weeks ago and they hurt the first time I wore them (silly me, I just bang them on and go to work not bothering to think of the amount of running around and walking I do in an average full day - ouch )...and erm..I haven't had the courage to wear them since.

As they say Xarago xanuun ma leh ;)

I’ve befriended this old Italian shoe-maker, so that whenever I find a pair of shoes I adore, but a tad too high for my liking, I buy them anyway. I take it to him and he shortens the heel by 1/3, because this way the shoe will not be ruined (you can’t even tell there was a modification) and it the heel is just perfect- no pain, no safety risk and no health risk :D

Nephissa   

No more long straight skirts that restricts your movement or the tight a$$ mermaid shaped ones at the local halal stores/bacadle :D

I pass the gypsy skirts, they make my bottom look big. I wear tube and capris for a hot day, and wear my pair of lucky brand jeans on a casual day or a night out.

J.Lee   

The best jeans out there are Levis, Bongo, Ms Sixty, and 7's (they're like wonderbra for your back).

Access: beads, long strands of beads just draped around the neck paired with some nice earings (Kacabso!). I dig The buggle tie belts, and nailhead purses but it's the personalized wife beaters (can't get enough of them thanks to Freedom of speech),and T-shirts that does it for me.

As for Shoes, Stilettos (3 or 4in preferably from Frederick's of hollywood, or aldo) will never go out of style in my opinion . I dig Sandal's too but Baloy Balo! I hate wedges, They are lethal. I almost broke my foot couple of times wearning those darn things.

Originally posted by Rahima:

How many times have I entered a shop, supposedly it is a “long†skirt, I go to try it out and it is a three-quarter length skirt :mad: (on me anyway). Go for the longer skirts and the waist size is ridiculously too large. You just can't win with these white people and the indha yar are even worse with their miniture size clothing.

Lol War Balaayo, You and I have the something else in common (besides our height ;) ). It's rare (miraculous even) that I find a long Skirt that fits me just right. They are either too short or too big. Somali skirts I don't have the hips to pull them off and Retail store skirts are just way too short for me (They show too much leg.)

OG_Girl   

You guys still go and shop for ready made clothes? I gave up on that since I was my early teen.No way to find some thing with my ridiculous height I just buy the fabric and take to the Indian designers... Give them any design you want and he will make it exactly the way you want :D

I'm not saying would be cheap but for me that is only way I can get something to wear.

I even design my pants smile.gif

Salam

Im a denim skirt wearer myself but still love my jeans under an overcoat/abaya/half dresses.

When it comes to colours like natural tones of browns ,greens, blues and a dash of pastels dont harm.

As for shoes, like flat comfortable shoes, last time I spoiled myself to heels was a CLARKS TIARRA , natural colour and my feet ached.Love them though.

Pujah.   

Originally posted by
Rahima
:

How many times have I entered a shop, supposedly it is a “long†skirt, I go to try it out and it is a three-quarter length skirt (on me anyway). Go for the longer skirts and the waist size is ridiculously too large. You just can't win with these white people and the indha yar are even worse with their miniture size clothing.

I have figure it all out....don't wear it at the waist wear it on your hips and so if its lil short it gives you an excuse to show off your kub(calfs) ;) . oh and if its tall enough but too big on the waist you can have it altered or grab yourself nice belt to go with it.

Rahima   

Lol War Balaayo, You and I have the something else in common (besides our height ). It's rare (miraculous even) that I find a long Skirt that fits me just right. They are either too short or too big. Somali skirts I don't have the hips to pull them off and Retail store skirts are just way too short for me (They show too much leg.)

It’s frustrating ain’t it? The Somalis do pretty good on the sizing thing, but how I hate their styles and colours. Often the ciil gets so bad I’m almost tempted to start my own clothes line, then it hits me, I neither have the capital nor the experience :D - so out with that and I best learn to live with it.

OG-Girl,

Try getting tailor made clothes down under ;) ; it isn’t very feasible (for the pocket). No doubt it is an excellent option for Carabaha but not here.

I have figure it all out....don't wear it at the waist wear it on your hips and so if its lil short it gives you an excuse to show off your kub(calfs) . oh and if its tall enough but too big on the waist you can have it altered or grab yourself nice belt to go with it.

lool :D

Trust me woman, I wear clothes as low as they can go ;) . I’ve never been the type to even let it go near the height of my belly button, I prefer to wear them from the height of for example the hipster jeans which my mother hates like no tommorow ;)

The problem though is the sizing and as you might know it differs for every country. When I went to London, I was quite surprised how much longer the clothes often were, here it is a rarity. I think it comes down to the climate, they like short clothes ;)

OG_Girl   

OG-Girl,

Try getting tailor made clothes down under ; it isn’t very feasible (for the pocket). No doubt it is an excellent option for Carabaha but not here.

Yep, I heard that, I have relatives in the west and we send them from here.They say is more expensive out there. Some times I pray(du'a) for Indians here. Very cheap labour. We don't know what we would do without them :D

No place is perfect you got things better than us though.

Salam

Johnny B   

ehem ehem .....

No matter what colorful,hot piece of clothing a chick puts on , it is destined to the EYE of a steaming hunk whose target is to rip it off.

Any piece that doesn´t fulfill that need no matter what fashion house it comes from is a lost piece.

36_12_20.gif