Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

Somaliland president goes on tour of Jbouti Ethopia and South Africa deplomatic trips

Qudhac   

as president Daahir Riyaale goes on these trips today, i personally thought couldnt they wait as he has more pressing issues at home with the tanglement of the parliament elections, i think that should be his priority first and foremost as these trips can wait.

But since he has gone on these trips i wonder what somaliland new relationship with south africa will be, it seems somaliland has been courting africas strongest democracy for while now, i wonder will bear fruits.

Sky   

waraa qudhac you know the real purpose of riyaale's trip man.to djibouti, so he can hook up with his homie cumar geele. to ethiopia to hand over some mo' west-somalia freedom fighters to addis abab. to south africa, for a medical chekup and a manicure.than he comes back to somaliland with new enegry to keep up with his dictatorship.

Qudhac   

^^^

i think you guys are confusing Daahir Riyaale

with the guy who needs sheeps liver every two months :D:D

i hear sheep are getting scare in imbaghati, maybe the doofar can come handy..

loooooooooool :D

Originally posted by Ambassador:

waraa qudhac you know the real purpose of riyaale's trip man.to djibouti, so he can up with his homie cumar geele. to ethiopia to hand over some mo' west-somalia freedom fighters to addis abab. to south africa, for a medical chekup and a manicure.than he comes back to somaliland with new enegry to keep up with his dictatorship.

That's harsh!

I guess this trip makes sense. Riyaale obviously doesn't want to hold the parliamentary elections for fear of Kulmiye/UCID dominance, which would derail his plans for UDUB political monopoly. I guess the cries from Siilaanyo and Ina Waraabe got to his nerve. Dude needs a vacation.

MY ADVICE: Stay away from them South African women. They're venomous, if he knows what I mean ;)

J.Lee   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

^^^

i think you guys are confusing Daahir Riyaale

with the guy who needs sheeps liver every two months
:D:D

i hear sheep are getting scare in imbaghati, maybe the doofar can come handy..

loooooooooool
:D

Balaayo! That was uncalled for and very disrespectful.

As the saying goes, One man's freedom fighter, is another man's terrorist. Accept it!

But since he has gone on these trips i wonder what somaliland new relationship with south africa will be, it seems somaliland has been courting africas strongest democracy for while now, i wonder will bear fruits.

One can only but wonder what the relationship will be but Insha'allah I hope it becomes quite meaningful and a blessing for both parties.

Gediid   

Qudhac

I doubt if this trip is for any meaningful purpose.I think the Ambassador said it well.He's just trying to run from Hargeysa where there's growing opposition to his inability to bring to an end the constitutional crisis at home.I can picture his return when the government run Mandeeq and Radio Hargeisa will trumpet his visit as a roaring success.This is a way to mislead folks like you and me and to divert our attention from the mess we are in.

Qudhac   

Madaxweyne Riyaale Oo Caawa Ka Dhoofay Jabuuti, Kadib Markuu Wadahadal La Yeeshay Madaxweyne Geelle

Somaliland.Org — Djibouti, — 26 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madaxweynaha Somaliland, mudane Daahir Riyaale Kaahin iyo weftigii uu hoggaaminayey ayaa lagu soo warramay caawa 7:00 fiidnimo inuu ka dhoofay garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Jabuuti, kadib markii uu wadahadal la yeeshay Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Jabuuti iyo masuuliyiin kale oo dowladda Jabuuti ka tirsan.

Sida ay caawa ku warrantay idaacadda dowladda ee Radio Hargeysa, madaxweyne Riyaale waxa uu sii watay socdaalkiisa uu ku tegayo dalka Koonfur Afrika, isaga oo sii maraya Addis Ababa, Itoobiya.

Warkaasi ma sheegin in uu ku sii hakanayo Addis Ababa iyo inuu socdaal (transit) ku marayo.

Warsaxaafadeed uu soo saaray Wasiirka Warfaafinta Somaliland, mudane Cabdillaahi Maxamed Ducaale oo weftiga Madaxweynaha ka mid ah ayaa sheegay in Madaxweyne Riyaale iyo weftigiisu ay ka degeen Garoonka Diyaaradaha ee Jabuuti 11:00 maanta, si heer qaran ahna loogu soo dhoweeyey.

Warkaasi waxa uu sheegay in Madaxweynaha iyo weftigiisa ay ku soo dhoweeyeen madaarka Jabuuti, Ra’iisul wasaaraha dalkaas, Delayte Maxamed Delayte, Wasiirro iyo masuuliyiin kale oo dowladda Jabuuti ka tirsan, waxaana la geeyey Guriga Martida ee Jabuuti, halkaas oo uu wadahadal kula yeeshay Ra’iisul wasaaraha, Delayte Maxamed Delayte iyo xubno wasiirro ah.

Waxa kale oo uu Madaxweynuhu kulan iyo wadahadal la yeeshay Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Jabuuti, mudane Ismaaciil Cumar Geelle.

“Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland Mudane Daahir Rayaale Kaahin iyo madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Djibouti Mudane Ismaaciil Cumar Geelle waxay wada hadla ku yeesheen xafiiska Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyadda Jabuuti, wada hadalkoodiina waxa uu ku dhamaaday jawi aad u wanaagsan oo afgarad iyaga ooka wada hadlay iskaashiga iyo sii xoojinta xidhiidhka labada dal,†ayuu yidhi Warsaxaafadeedka Wasiirka Warfaafintu.

Sida uu warsaxaafadeedku sheegay Madaxweyne Riyaale waxa uu isla maanta booqday xafiiska Wakiilka Somaliland ee Jabuuti, waxaana qado-sharaf u sameeyey Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Jabuuti, Delayte Maxamed Delayte.

Warsaxaafadeedka Wasiirka Warfaafintu ma sheegin wakhtiga Madaxweyne Daahir Riyaale iyo weftigiisu ka ambabaxayaan Jabuuti.

Madaxweyne Riyaale oo ay weheliyaan wasiirradiisa Arrimaha Dibadda, Warfaafinta iyo Kalluumaysigu, waxa uu saaka ka dhoofay gegida diyaaradaha ee Magaalada Berbera, isaga oo u sii jeeda dalka Koonfur Afrika.

Qudhac   

Somaliland President Dhahir Rayale Kahin will make his first visit to South Africa on 30 January to meet with top business, political and religious leaders and visit key institutions, in order to build and strengthen Somaliland’s emerging democracy and its hard-earned peace in the Horn of Africa.

President Kahin, on a working regional visit, met today Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Meles Zenawi and yesterday Djibouti’s President Ismael Omar Gelle. While in Addis Ababa, the Somaliland President welcomed the African Union Chairperson’s creative undertaking “to dispatch a Mission to Somaliland as soon as possible†(AU’s PSC report of 5 Jan 2005, point 23).

In this regard, the prime agenda of this visit is to:

• Advance NEPAD’s strategic goal to further inter-African trade and solidarity, through promoting South African-Somaliland joint investment and trade. The President is scheduled to meet South Africa’s top 5 business leaders, with the clear view that: "Democracy cannot survive on empty stomachs" (NEPAD: New Partnership for Africa’s Development).

• Learn from the democracy capital of Africa, South Africa. Particular focus will be on the lessons for Somaliland’s first up-coming March parliamentary elections, and ways to improve the fragile peace in the Horn of Africa through advancing Somaliland’s stability. Of interest, are also the lessons for negotiating with adversaries, the lessons and dangers of federalism and examining ways to cooperate, to advance progressive African political parties.

• Meet with progressive religious leaders. South Africa’s dynamic Muslim, Christian and Jewish leadership has much to share in Africa’s peace-building and development.

• Respond to invitations from the NGO sector, which are creatively working with Somaliland’s institutions, such as the University of South Africa, Institute for Global Dialogue and the Electoral Institute of Southern Africa. Priority attention will be given to children’s and women’s education and development with the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals in mind. President Kahin’s visit to South Africa comes in the wake of President Mbeki’s January 8th ANC statement for the African National Congress, Africa’s oldest liberation movement, to “Strengthen the progressive movement on the African continent and work with other political parties, unions and civil society formations to contribute meaningfully to peace, democracy and development†and, for the ANC to “Participate in the global movement for development, democracy and social justice, focusing among others on such countries as Haiti and Somalia.â€

President Kahin, president of the Somaliland ruling-party UDUB, will be accompanied by Somaliland First Lady, Mrs. Huda Barkhad Adan, Foreign Minister Mrs. Edna Adan Ismail, UDUB executive committee member & Information Minister Abdullahi Dualeh, and Fisheries & Coastal Development Minister Mohamed Farah (UDUB: United Democrats Party).

This visit follows South Africa’s hospitality extended to the late Somaliland President Muhammad Ibrahim Egal, who passed away while undergoing treatment at Pretoria’s Military 1 hospital in May 2002 and, the 2003 visit of the Somaliland Foreign Minister at the invitation of the South African Foreign Minister Zuma, in South Africa’s capacity as chair of the African Union.

The late President Egal belonged to a generation of African leaders at the time of independence from colonialism, and was a contemporary of Kwame Nkrumah, Leopold Senghor and Jomo Kenyatta. President Egal was the last democratically elected Prime Minister of a united Somalia.

Somaliland President Kahin was elected President, in Somaliland’s first democratic presidential elections of April 2003. Somaliland received its independence from Great Britain on 26 June 1960, and after 5 days voluntarily united with Somalia. It withdrew from this painful union in 1991, which was not recognised by the international community. In May 2001, a referendum, monitored by international observers, reinforced the sentiments of the people of Somaliland for self-determination and independence.

President Kahin sees his visit to South Africa as a milestone in enhancing and nurturing friendships Somaliland has made, since reclaiming its independence in 1991 and establishing diplomatic links with its neighbours, Ethiopia and Djibouti. Somaliland is honored and humbled by the historic opportunity it had, when a renowned Somalilander, Ambassador AR Abby Farah, led the distinguished UN fact-finding team to South Africa in 1989, which met with South African leaders, such as the late ANC stalwart Walter Sisulu.

Ambassador Farah, also chaired the UN Centre against Apartheid from 1969 to 1972. Later, Somaliland diplomats, as well as the late President Egal, worked with the new chair of the UN Centre against apartheid, Mr. ES Reddy, for over two centuries, in promoting international sanctions against South Africa and support for its liberation movements.

Enquires:

Abdi Idris Duale, Presidential Spokesperson, Hargeisa

Mobile: + 252 2424067

Office number: + 252 828 7096

Iqbal Jhazbhay, Pretoria. Mobile: + 27 82 880 8603

E-mail: iqbal@unisa.ac.za

Issued by : The Somaliland Presidency, Hargeisa, Republic of Somaliland, 26 January 2005

Ambassador AR Abby Farah and Iqbal Jhazbhay.

Excellent team. icon14.gif

The Western Saharawis had a similar diplomatic office as ours before South Africa upgraded it to a full Embassy. Lets hope our office there gets the same upgrade. :D