Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Girls Girls Girls

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Go to the website below and tell me your opinion on that masar. Not the girl, just the masar.

Just when am to applaud your good sense you revert back to you old ways....and adeero the massar is part of the xaraago, just as the jeans and the shirt.So if you dont have a problem with the former why the latter. It is you like the visibility of the other parts but not the hair..... ;) . And the girl in picture is looking for you now I have already given her your details. icon_razz.gif

Haneefah   

You shouldn't assume that it's a 'form' of xijab to begin with, that is if proper meaning of xijaab is being considered here. Many wear it for non-xijabic reasons as others mentioned, in other words to make a fashion statement...although I personally think it's a style of the past.

NGONGE   

lol@Jumatatu. The shirt and jeans don’t bother me in this instance only. I wanted to talk about the masar today.

Nafisa, I know it’s not a Xijaab and I also know that many Somali women treat as a Xijaab. There was no assumption being made here. Cold facts, dear, cold facts.

Picture the scene: Your brother brings a friend of his home, you’re in the living room as they walk in, the first thing you grab is your “garba sar” because your head is already covered with the masar.

You need to run to the shop to grab a pint of milk, the first thing you grab is your garba sar (masar is already on the head). For all intents and purposes, this damn masar is being regarded as a form of Xijaab. You follow?

Jaabir   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Go to the website below and tell me your opinion on that masar. Not the girl, just the masar.

lol.. do u call this Hijaab... ?? :confused: :confused: cuz.. i dont..

Miriam1   

^ lol.umh,cute?..

ah no that is not the proper Hijab at all as others have said, but the thing you have to understand is that most of these girls and I am speaking of Muslim girls whom wear it, not the countless others who wear it for different reasons. Is that they do it, in my humble opinion, to somehow, belong to both sections of the society at once. Be young and wear the latest's types of jeans and pretty shirts..and yet be able to say, Hey look at me I havent forgotten.my Religious/Cultural duties..I cover my hair!

Usually this trend lasts in the highschool years..even though suprisingly I have found many who continue..into later years...

Just wonder how many more time n energy we dare loose on what n how a chick should dress ,( while most of us "guyz" actually prefer them NAKED ) when does anyone of you came up with outstandin algorythm in rocket science or an acceptable soloution to the somali dilemma . eh forget it , who am i kiddin ? let us just agree on how big in diametrs should the Niqab´s EYE opening B.

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by: Johhny B

let us just agree on how big in diametrs should the Niqab´s EYE opening B.

Warya, leave my shiekhs alone dee. By the way I have Fatwa saying Niqab should be showing only one eye of the woman, cos 2 eyes not neccessary since she can see with one eye. :rolleyes:

I swear To God like those Fatwa make me like this :confused: then like this :mad:

PS:By the way your signature amusing me, what about your rights to DO right before time , age get to you? Don't you think there is other time will be judged by Allah for those wrong you doing now?

Salam

***waves to everyone on this lovely monday morning smile.gif ****

I would like to first point out that I also disaprove of Ngonge placing that pic of the poor girl - i'm sure none of us will appreciate being made an example of - having said that, I don't think its a proper form of hijab nor do I think the combination of jeans,shirt, and the headscarf(covering the head, neck) is a proper form - Hijab is a full & proper covering of the whole body not the part we chose to cover, in those definitions I don't think there are many of us who meet those standards. So lets stop picking and choosing what we think is better, we all(I think!) know the difference between a proper HIJAB & a 'fashion' or 'preference' hijab. So lets not be the judges and leave each to their own business ;)

NGONGE   

I’m not sure what all the fuss about that photo is! The actual photo was freely available on the net. The topic on hand was not about the girl’s beauty or morals. It was an example of a Somali form of Xijaab. I think people are being a little too sensitive here. :rolleyes:

Most of the people who replied stated that this is not the correct way of wearing the Xijaab. They sort of made it out to be an isolated incident of someone wearing the “Masar” as a fashion accessory. I’m really tempted to post another photo of an older woman wearing a Masar (this time she’s in Somalia). This Masar is regarded as a Xijaab in Somali society. It’s not something I’ve invented it’s something that already exists. When I started this topic I was hoping most of us were on the same wavelength but obviously we’re not! :mad:

So, back to my original warning: Girls, do not wear that Masar.

Lets leave it at that.

This Masar is regarded as a Xijaab in Somali society

Different people, different answer - if you are after a general agreement you won't get it. People see things differently - old or young it doesn't really matter.

NGONGE   

Different people, different answer - if you are after a general agreement you won't get it. People see things differently - old or young it doesn't really matter

Erm, but it does matter! :rolleyes:

The next time you meet any Somali women, have a good look at them and the way they wear their Masar. Better still, go to their houses and sit with them when they’re not wearing any Masar or Xijaab. Watch how quickly they scramble to wear a Masar (not a full Xijaab) the minute a man arrives. Like I said, I’m not stating an opinion here. It’s a fact. My hope was that we would start from this fact and continue the discussion from there! Seems the fact is being disputed though!