Sign in to follow this  
Azmaya

Egg donation

Azmaya   

Okey, what if the doctor told you the only way you could conceive a child was to have egg donation. First how ethical is this, and two what would you do in this situation if you had tried everything in your power to conceive a baby and the only option available was egg donation? I need your two cents everyone. Thanks

Ibtisam   

Adopt a baby, there are enough kids in the world that need homes and looking after. In fact adopt as many as you possible can.

Ethical you ask, depends on who’s ethics you are interested in.

Azmaya   

Waalo its sad situation in her early 30s and entered menopause already. the doctor says she has no eggs left and only option available is egg donation, the sheekh says its not ethical. I dont see anything wrong with egg donation, you should do what u have to do to achieve what you need. Adoption is an option, but nothing is better then your own child.

Buuxo   

I would adopt and foster, or give up on all together, you don't need kids to make you happy or to be a some-body.

Azmaya   

So none of you would take up the option of egg donation? Its very common procedure. Please not only provide what you would do but more importantly any knowledge or experience you may have on this topic. Thankz

-Lily-   

Er, how is it her kid if she is getting eggs donated? The child will have the genetic make up of her husband and the donor, she is just a surrogate mother? Better to adopt, or allow hubby wify no 2 :D

Pujah   

^this is probably only time I would allow him to marry another wife as long as she lives in a different continent smile.gif he can reproduce and I wouldn't adopt any kids... looking after him will be hard enough.

Azmaya   

the child would be a biogenetic child so technically related to the mother both biologically and genetically.

ta ta

-Lily-   

^^how is it genetically related? I was under the impression that it would share the egg doners genetic make up? All the mother is doing is providing it a womb to grow in no? :confused:

NGONGE   

^^^^ Say you have a cake in a nice cardboard container; you take the cake out to have a taste when you suddenly see Azmaya hurtling towards you! Now you, Lily, are a greedy person and you don’t want to share your cake with Azmaya! You quickly hide the cake in your pocket. Azmaya sees the empty container and assumes you scoffed the whole cake. She walks away all angry and disappointed (surely this part is not hard to imagine). You take the cake out of your pocket and try to eat it but notice that lots of bits of fluff from your pocket got stuck to the cake! Could have been a strawberry cake but now it has a distinct pocket flavour. THIS is exactly what happens to eggs and surrogate mothers I think.

-Lily-   

I’m still not convinced. Why else has it been made a legal requirement in the UK for all donors to register and be traceable by the 'donated' kids? Isn't it because they are really more linked than we think?

NGONGE   

^^ From that response I can easily conclude that you're not a fat person and you don’t like cake that much.

Ok, say you have these nice shoes. You hurry down the street to catch a bus when you suddenly stop on some dog shit! Your shoes will still remain the same shoes but they’ll smell of dog shit. :D