Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Weight Matters

Lost-One   

I just thought it was fitting to post this...

attachment.php?attachmentid=457&stc=1&d=

Does weight matter? Well I don't think being a size 12 or 14 would kill you!

STOIC   

Dear SOL Ladies,

I know this is my look like little girl talk chitchat to you.But please bear with me. I have a friend whom I am concern of her health and bodily physique. I have been watching this girl add more pounds every year. I cannot bring myself to warn her to loose some weight. The weight is making her unattractive and unhealthy too. I have more than once tried to bring up my concern, but I could not bring myself to do it. I know weight issues are sensitive arena for most women. What I want to know is if there is a more politically correct way to advice someone to watch his or her weight without making the person feel bad and you looking like a judgmental prick redface.gif .

Your's distressed freind

-Lily-   

Stoic, if you trust your friend with other things what should weight matter? She shouldn't be upset because it's from a point of concern. If you don't say anything its like you don't care. Maybe you should get her a gym membership as a present.

Miriam1   

a weight issue is very sensitive stoic, your freind is aware of what is going she isn't blind to it, she knows that she is gaining weight and her selfesteem might be suffering also so a talking straight to her might not be the best thing. in my opinion. sometimes there things that are going on with a person, that food becomes a some sort of comfort..from stress at school..to stress in her personal life.

The best thing is support, i am a big person myself, and i can tell you if it wasnt for my friends going to the gym with me in the begining few weeks, I would not be has committed as I am now, its just scary sometimes and I know it doesn't make sense, but it simply is, and having a friend there is makes a difference.

So may be go out one day for a walk with her, saying that you have felt like a good powerwalk for some days.

if your a member at one of the large gyms like Bally get her a two free pass or even if would like, people who are thinking about working out, get one week free passes to Bally, go with her and check out all the classes, from Yoga to Boxing..

Hope things turn out well.

smile.gif

Stoic, u're damned if u do and less damned if u don't. Leave it alone. I don't think I'd tell anyone to lose weight, certainly not a woman. I'd encourage a healthier lifestyle if I had to. If this woman is someone whom u're ehem romantically entangled with, waad ba'day.

I wanted to know how much do you have to weight to consider your self over weight? I think if you’re over 140 you’re over weight

What do you think?

Miriam1   

It depends on your height.....a 5'feet woman might consider herself over weight at 140, where as a 5'11 woman might consider herself fit or even underweight at 140...everyones ideal body wieght is different...

Stoic, you have TO tell her straight out, if she's a true freind then she will know u only looking out for her own interest.

Ladies: We appericite healthy looking bodies, but over fatness can make sure seriously unattractive, only few girls can get away with being overweight.

Stoic you should tell her she gained weight and she should lose it and tone up. Obesity is becoming a serious problem. Your friends and those who care about you will always be the first ones to shove the dirt on you so to speak. I don't think she'll have a break down by your telling her the truth. Start by telling her you probably know this too but blah blah and then ask her how you can help her.

ZOLA   

Dear STOIC,

ur friend is lucky to have someone who is concerned about her health. the weight issue is sencitive to some women and to some its not. like hayam said, the girl could be going through some things.try to find out if she is trying to do something about her weight gain. we all know that its easy to gain weight and hard to loose. i have been there many times. if you have a mutual gal pal..try having her discuss the issue with your friend. i would rather hear it from my female friends that i need to loose weight than from my male friends. am sure many girls would agree with me on this one.

we live in a society that defines attractive as 36,26,36 and 120 pounds or is it 36,24,36...whatever it is u all get the point.anyone else who measures more is unatractive.you know its impossible for every woman in this world to have these meausurement.women come in different sizes and shapes.

i have struggled with my weight in the past.lost and then gained and then lost and then gain....an so on.Hayam is 1 lucky girl coz she had a good support system..i on the other hand had none...everyone around me was always negetive. one minute they tell u..oh my god u look lovely and then as soon as you put on a couple of pounds..its back to you are getting fat and need 2 loose weight..siida isku dhaan..lol. if it was legal to kill people for been mean am sure i would have been the first to do it.nowadays,,waxaan noqday dhagax....meaning i dont give a s**it about what people say.it goes through 1 ear and out the other.if i paid attenion to all their negetive remarks i would have been insane by now.

going back to your friend..if your concern about her health issues are greater than her physique..then talking about it with her is the right thing to do. she might put on a few pounds but she is still the same girl.

ok ..am going to stop now coz am starting to sound like a spokes person for the society of big women....)

good luck and i hope you do get the msg across to your dear friend without offending her.

Best wishes,

A.A

a friend of mine showed up in town last week! boy did she ballooned!! first thing that came outta my mouth was.....hey wazzup smokie the bear! loool... my god! the lady had a bear gut!! lol..

well she told me that she was having family problems and just ated away!! on the other hand, i wish i could gain few pounds!! i tried everything eating hi protein food n stuff!! i just hate food!~~ i can only eat once a day!! thats it......! right now i am throwing away food!! cuz i hate left overs!!