Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Women 'get blame for being raped'

x_quizit   

Zu, u beat me to the punch, I saw that story recently too and was gonna say something about it here.

The man was acquited of rape charges even though he admitted it wasn't consentual sex, but his defense was, "i slept thru the whole thing and didn't know what i was doing until the next day when I saw i had a condom on".

Sexsomnia was recently coined by a doc who believes that ppl can sleep thru the whole thing w/o being aware of their actions, and since they are asleep, shouldn't be held accountable for whatever happens. This is just another way to justify rape and not take any responsiblity for it, and would unfortunately give rapists new defense to use if they ever get charged.

I must say though, I felt a strange kinship with the man(if his case is truly genuine) b/c in my childhood yrs, i was a sleepwalker and often wasn't aware of what i was doing, which was mostly stomping on my younger bro all the while fully asleep and not knowing what i did the next morning when i was confronted about it. I didn't remember anything nor was I aware that i had even gotten up, much less trampled on someone. So if it had precipitated to me somehow causing him severe injuries or even killing him, should I be held accountable even though i didn't remember anything and had no motive, all the while sleeping thru it? About 15 yrs ago, a man was charged with the murder of his mother and he claimed innocence on the basis that he was a sleepwalker and didn't know what he was doing, much less remember it. How do we deal with ppl like that, how can we tell when someone is being honest or hiding behind it, and for that matter, can we see sexsomnia as a legitimate claim? Where does that leave the victim?

Castro   

^ A sleepwalking would-be rapist should realize his mistake the minute he wakes up. The victim must resist the attacker for this awakening to happen. Now, if the victim herself is a sleepwalker, then you've got a real problem.

Simply_I   

x_quisit i like how you express yourself really, and i still can't figure out which one you are.

But dont you think that it's for Allah to judge and teach a lesson.

Waanoo markale :D

x_quizit   

^"i still can't figure out which one you are."

A sleepwalker or a rapist? I'm guessing i misunderstood ur meaning and will assure u, I may have sleepwalked in the past, but im pretty sure i didn't force anyone :D ...and if i did, im not responsible, i have sexsomnia ;)

Simply, about the comment that its not our place to judge, Allah is the ultimate judge and He gave us the quran and hadith for us to follow and conduct our lives as such, and in that also contains, how to deal with ppl who committ crimes, what punishments fit, etc....but if we all led our lives everytime something happens or someone is victimize and we tell 'em, Allah will deal with those that trangressed against them, true, but Allah has also granted us permission to mete out punishment while the perpetrators are still on earth, and in the hereafter is where they will get their just desserts.

Castro, I can speak only for myself as a former sleepwalker, that even though i was stopped from trampling on my bro and put back to bed, that still didn't wake me up, nor did i remember that at all, so i'm not sure if fighting the attacker off would fully wake them up into consciousness.

Foxy   

Our friend Simply_I hails from another planet, none existant to Planet Earth, then again thats only according to my observation

:D:D

cheers

NGONGE   

^^^I’ve been observing this young lady for a while now and I think there is method to her madness. From the way she speaks and the riddles she’s throwing about, it seems that there is a group of them that came from planet Mars (for those that find it hard to suspend disbelief, lets call it another Somali website instead). It also seems that our friend here lost her companions and is playing a virtual game of hide and seek. She thinks x-quizit is one of her fellow aliens (don’t think many people would argue with that sentiment really). :D

Foxy   

^I’ve been observing this young lady for a while now and I think there is method to her madness. From the way she speaks and the riddles she’s throwing about, it seems that there is a group of them that came from planet Mars (for those that find it hard to suspend disbelief, lets call it another Somali website instead). It also seems that our friend here lost her companions and is playing a virtual game of hide and seek. She thinks x-quizit is one of her fellow aliens (don’t think many people would argue with that sentiment really). [big Grin]

--------------------

I recken this lady Named as Simply_I is just a wonder Lady that dislikes how foxy or of its Kind live in this world, But at the end of the day have to live with the fact that ppl like foxy will still exist in this world. whether or not there is a religiuos propaganda :D:D :rolleyes: Am innocent after all I swear.....Damn I believe in flirting as long as its ok by Miss Simply_I, Shidh that does mean I will be judged by the Gram!!!!

cheers

cheers

Xoogsade   

Somalida jaahiliin badan ha lahaadeene, dumarka uma xuma. I say this because I tuned in to MPR on my way to work. The program happened to be about Honor killings in Iraq which are on the rise. A girl gets kidnapped, her captors demand ransom or they release her, upon the girl's return, instead of a welcome party, one of the men in the family kills her simply because she is suspected to have been raped although that might not be the case. The more shocking part of the tragic facts narrated in the program is how all the Iraqi men who were interviewed, one being the killer, were saying unanimously culture is stronger than Islam and the girl is to be killed. One of them said the pain of letting her live far more surpasses than the pain of sacrificing her to save the family honor. I honestly think some societies worship the women's heymen. How else can you explain an obsession to such extent?