Sign in to follow this  
Nur

True or False Ramadan Quiz

Nur   

1. Somalis are tired of violence

2. The New Somali Government supported by world community will succeed.

3. Our problems are all behind us now

4. Another civil war is looming in the horizon

5. The politicians who swore by the Holy Quraan, believe in the Quraan and intend to serve the Nation according to the Quran's teachings

6. The politicians this time are all honest

7. No mattter how bad current leaders are, they are the best we have

8. We have no choice but to make this government work, nothing else worked before.

9. The President will have more power than the Constitution allows him, and he does not take a NO for an answer.

10. The President is worrid about how to share power with his prime Minsiter.

11. IGAD will share power with the Prime Misnister

12. IGAD Directors will share power with the cabinet Misisters

13. IGAD officials will manage all financial management for Somalia

14. The New government will not be effective, Somalis today are different than Somalis after the fall of Siad regime, they are entrepreneurs who need less government and more business freedoms.

15. The President is very healthy, he will be able to carry out his cerimonial duties and political influence easily.

16. Votes cast in Nairobi for the presidential elections were done with ethics and honesty.

17. The New President is dependent on IGAD and Ethiopia for decision making.

18. Becouse the MPs were honest in selecting the President fairly, they will carry out their duties with integrity and honesty, in other words they will not steal public funds.

19. Because Somalia is weakend, it is no longer a threat to its neighbors, thus it does not matter what happens in Somalia the next 50 years.

20. The new Somali government's main undeclared mandate is to fight religious extremism to make Somalia a modern State like Kenya and Ethiopia

Nur

2004 i-Nuri Somali Anarchist Declaration (SAD)

Baashi   

Here is my educated-guess:

1. True

2. May be

3. False

4. True

5. False

6. False

7. False

8. True

9. True

10. True

11. Not likely

12. Not likely

13. Questionable

14. True

15. Don’t know

16. True

17. True

18. False

19. True

20. True

By any chance do you have some info on the # 13! If you do plz share with us.

raula   

Sorry If I do not reply to your Quiz NUR.

This is not a ramadan quiz, rather logically into politics. Somali politics is corrosive, muddy and utter ignominy in the face of the world (so are other countries)-I supplicate to ALLAH to rinse out hate and restore tranquility within the victim’s hearts and guide those astray (and abducted by nationalism/tribalism revolutionary) to the straight path-and all of us.

In the meantime, I will stay optimistic :D

Innalhamdulillah; Very All praises belongs to Allah!

Brother nur I have few Question inshallah!

Swearing by the Quran? Would this not constitute swearing by other then Allah! Is this not shirk or at least a replication of the lowest of mankind!

As for your Quiz inshallah here is my answer

Allah knows best!

Nur   

Bashi Bro

Thanks for taking the time for the Quiz, Will post results after more Nomads participate.

Raula Sis

It is Ramadan, and a major Political event has just taken place in Nairobi, and this is the Bolitikis Bage of SOL, the Quiz is meant to remotely sense and gage our understanding of this event in light of this holy month, the subliminal message about the Quiz is that honesty is the best policy.

Salafi bro.

Question # 5 was addressing the usage of the Quraan as the most respected holy document that Somalis use to be sworn in, the cerimony is borrowed from the modern Christian Nation states swearing on the Bible, later Muslims replaced the Bible with the Quraan. The question is meant to find out if these MPs who have sworn on the Quraan do actually respect the word of Allah enough to lead the nation in its light, or if they are jsut doing it as a formality with an intention to disobey ( Samicnaa wa caseynaa).

Swearing on anything other than Allah is definetly a form of Shirk.

Nur

mojam   

1. T

2. F

3. F

4. F

5. NO COMMENT

6. F

7. F

8. F

9. T

10. F

11. F

12. F

13. F

14. F

15. T

16. F

17. T

18. F

19. F

20. F

Nur   

Bashi and

MOJAM

Thanks for taking your input.

Some of the questions are trick questions, as an example, question number of one (1) seems to be straight forward, but after thinking fast forward about our choice of government drawn along tribal affiliations, not competency and honsety, its hard to imagine that one can reap a sweet fruit by planting a painful thorn tree. The Nairobi show was all about exploiting our soft spot, our yearning for peace after years of tears, it was an expedient solution that may have served foreign interests before Somaia's.

Expediency has its benefits, and peace may not be one of its dividents from the current setup that heavily depends on foreign intervention and aid as a security measure from violence. What can assure the Somali public that peace is on the way this time around? after all, foreign intervention failed in bringing peace to many other regions in the world. If we were indeed tired from violence as the question posed, the most sustainable peace that we could have devised would be the home-grown peace formula, while the present formula is based on a cheating game to buy time for all factions to strengthen their respective political positions in this saga, for the next wave of assured violence as mountains of hybernating issues wait to be sorted out which undoubtedly would caus a friction that could spill over the whole pie, leaving a little for edible peace for the rest of us to celebrate for.

The answer is Yes and No, yes in the case for those who want peace and hate violence, and No for those who have benefited from violence for the past 13 years and continue benefiting from it by securing seats in the Parliament and Cabinets as MPs and Ministers. Their only qualification being salesmen of doom and fear. How can such men deliver solutions for progress, in Education, Environment, Public Safety, Agriculture, Industry, etc. let alone negotiate or broker the peace that will guarantee all these in all honestly? Politicians are generally not reliable when it comes to truth and transparency, add to this, worlords who are transformed to become Politicians, shake the mixture well in the politicians hat, and suddenly we have the dove peace! that is sheer magic, even the great Hudini would not be able to pull.

In light of above reasoning (or against it) , could you please give me reasons for your answers for Questions:

# 4

# 5

# 9

# 13

# 17

# 18

Thanks in advance

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

4. Another civil war is looming in the horizon

11. IGAD will share power with the Prime Misnister

12. IGAD Directors will share power with the cabinet Misisters

)

never the history of this land were we ever remote control nation from Addis and Nairobi! how low have we sunk!! redface.gifredface.gif

Rahima   

True

Maybe

False

Maybe

False

False

True

True

True

True

11-13 NO CLUE

False

Don't know

False

Probably

False

Dont know

True- without a doubt.

Wiilo   

Ramadan Q

Q: How did the fast during Ramadan become obligatory for Muslims?

Q: What do Muslims believe they gain from fasting?

Q: Why does Ramadan begin on a different day each year?

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

mojam   

Nur,

#4 False - No another civil war is not looming in the horizon. There might be fights here and there but no all out civil war.

# 5 No Comment - I can't know what's in the heart of these politicians for sure. That's why i put no comment as an answer. No one can possibly know if someone believes in the Quran for sure. Some people don't even know themselves whether they are believers.

#9 True - A. Yussuf doesn't take no for an answer even after defeat in an election. We all know what he did before when his term expired in Puntland and another president was installed. I don't think this guy will change overnight and respect the law.

13. FALSE - I don't the Somalis will let them manage the money. The MPs are here to make money. Therefore, why let someone else manage it?

#17 True - Who else will support him if things go wrong. I think that A. Yussuf will want to keep the ethiopians close. They were there for him in his last government position. He still wants them to be there for him. Atleast, until he has secured the seat indefinately and has an army that can shut down any outsiders. He also knows that the Ethiopians are capable of starting trouble for him if he doesn't play along.

#18 False - I don't think these MPs are here to serve the people but rather they are there to make dollars. Holding a government position is the hottest career path in Somalia. The government needs to adopt strict laws to crack down on government officials who steal money.

Baashi   

Nur you wrote "In light of above reasoning (or against it), could you please give me reasons for your answers for Questions:"

4. Another civil war is looming in the horizon.

True. Allah forbid another civil war is in the offing. The reason being the new government or more accurately the government-to-be has no teeth to do what it takes to achieve the peace. Consider this: the conflict has not been resolved (in its root causes), the actors of the civil war have not yet reconciled their differences, and Abdullahi Yusuf seems to put all his eggs in the basket of Ethiopian-led effort to use foreign troops in order to stabiles Mogadishu by force before even exploring other alternatives out there. Only one tribe will feel the wrath of the Abdullahi Yusuf’s new strategy. If that happens then we will be in square one again.

5.The politicians who swore by the Holy Quraan, believe in the Quraan and intend to serve the Nation according to the Quran's teachings.

True. I’m making premature judgment here as I don’t know what’s in their heart. But it is suffice to say the Federal charter and the Holy Quraan’s dictations and directives don’t add up. I find it odd for someone to declare his/her allegiance to that charter by swearing on the Holy Quraan!

9. The President will have more power than the Constitution allows him, and he does not take a NO for an answer.

True. If Abdullahi Yusuf’s past is relevant to the discussion of what he might or might not do in the future as the top man of Somalia in transition then I stand by my answer. When I say that, I have Puntland in mind! Even his admirers admit his dictatorial tendencies but they assume it as necessary strength in times of uncertainty and civil strive. I have a friend who justifies Abdullahi’s “resolve†and “steadfastness†in having absolute power as a necessary prerequisite of dealing with warlords and opportunists.

Questionable. I think Abdullahi and IGAD states are on the same page. There is no reason to antagonize their new friend by micromanaging the finance for his government. Remember Abdiqasim’s reign when Galeyr was his PM. He had a free hand for all aspect of finance and he wasn’t well liked by some IGAD member states. Whereas Abdullahi is someone wh has the support of all the members including Djibouti. Therefore, it is unlikely that IGAD will want to manage all financial dispensations for the government-to-be. Perhaps you know something we don’t know plz share with us.

True. IGAD and Ethiopia can simply make or break Abdullahi backbone at will. This government-to-be depends on the goodwill of the frontline states. If Abdullahi doesn’t consult or cross them in any way, shape, or form with matters pertaining to their vital security interests, they will do what they have done before which is proxy-war and kingmaking exercise with the full logistical support.

18. Becouse the MPs were honest in selecting the President fairly, they will carry out their duties with integrity and honesty, in other words they will not steal public funds.

This should be false. I’m changing my answer to False.

Here you have it Nur.

Wiilo   

Nur walaal the topic is decieving 'cause it says Ramadan Quiz, and all over second sxb you posted some Somali politics, so what is the deal? :confused: Dadkii oo dhanna waxay danaynaayaa wixii aad qortay instead of the Remadan Quiz kii so, please ka dhabay Topic ka fadlan walaal............ :D

Go figure