Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Clothing manufacturers

I've noticed a new trend in women's ads lately. They're quoting dress size for their height - weight proportionality. Not only are they speaking in a foriegn language to nomad men, but the metric itself is even less meaningful than weight. Weight is not a great predictor of shape either, as we nomad men are familiar with.

From consumers point of view, there are many girls who love clothing brands that purposely use smaller numbers for their sizes. I don't mind "healthy" weight on my woman, but I do grimace at yin style misdirection by advertisers and manufacturers.

Weigh this and adjust accordingly.

I think they are the real drivers of women's dress size these days ,,,,, i was watching a movie the other day about fashion and i was amazed how they dictate those women about their weight and size ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cara.   

It makes shopping for clothes a real pain for those of us who don't particularly enjoy the activity. You go to a store, find a nice item that seems to fit, look at the size and decide that's "your size". Only it isn't really, since it's all arbitrary. So the next time you buy a frigging pair of jeans (even at the same store!) you still have to try on 4 different sizes when you really just want to grab and go.

Nephissa   

I don't understand sizes anymore! I went shopping on Saturday for new fall/winter clothes [all of mine from last year are too small now] In one store[b.R] I tried on two pairs of pants at first. In one style I wore a 10 and in the other I wore a 8. Then I grabbed another style in a 6 and they were way too big for me. This store is notorious for plus sizing their sizes, so is Jean Machine. My winter coat is a medium and fits me perfectly, and my lighter coat is a small and it practically swallows me whole. Even shoes aren't consistent. I have shoes that range from size 7 to size 9. It's annoying.

Naden   

I wish these stores would sell large size mirrors as well. Some women need to understand that just because you can draw breath in a pair of jeans doesn't mean you should wear them. And what's with men's muscle shirts, the ones 3 sizes too small? Sizes mean nothing now because every one on TV is starving thin and most watching TV are beluga whale fat. Even Oprah with her NYSE-sized hips claims to be a 12.

Naden   

^ LOL, indeed. My eyes bugged out when she said she was 162lbs. I guess when you make 260 million dollars in 12 months, even your scale is a yes-man.

-Lily-   

^^ Yes, with size 6(UK sizes) now established as a mainstream & standard size, 12 is positively obease, 14 haba sheegin, you're beyond repair.

All in all, it makes shopping more difficult because you’re a different size in each store.

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOl @ 14 haba sheegin, you're beyond repair! Loool HAHA. That is so true. But in saying that, when sale time comes all I can find are size 16+ I always wonder where the sale for the smaller size are.

Speaking of size I saw on the metro today that that X factor flop Chico is releasing a song about how good curvy women are :D I don't know how he got involved in the size zero debate!

I hate trying clothes on in fitting rooms, but I can normally tell by looking at the item if I can fit in or if it will swallow me. For the perfect fit you would have to try it on.

I heard they are looking at standardizing sizes etc. Hopeful with some results.

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool :D You know I posted that on the other thread hrs ago, I don't really know how it got on this thread! :confused: Strange things have happened.

P.s. I guess aniga eeriyaan now