Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

United States Policy on Somaliland

Personal views of the military officials is all what matters in decision making at the US ,,, It is a great move from the US and good development for Somaliland.

I think SL will soon be recognised with JB as her information minister, Oodweyne as her defense chief, Northern as her religion and fatwas minister, Gediid as her foriegn minister, and Ghanima as her women affaris minister.

Red sea and NGONGE will be rewarded with ambassadorial posts. I have the sense that Suldan and Qudhac will have some positons when this new nation finnaly gets recognition, and that's when good Caamir runs for his life...

NASSIR   

JB, I am glad you agreed with me on the aspect of personal views.

xiinfanin, I will be rebelling like the ONLF with a title like HNLF :D

Nothing wrong with that ,,,, the topic is on the table for discussion.

Dadka indhaindheya siyaasada Soomaaliya ayaa ku macneeyey safarka Gates iyo Rice oo isku marka ah ee ay ku yimaadeen wadamada ku xeeran Soomaaliya uu yahay waji siyaasadeed oo cusub oo aan ilaa hada la garan karin meel uu sal dhigan doono,waxaase la isla qiray in qorshahooda ugu weyn uu yahay in Somaliland la soo dhoweeyo,oo ay xidhiidh hoose la yeelato Maraykanka.

More Analysis are coming but the Big Day will come sooner or later Insha Allah.

Caamir, yeah except the H would then be derivative :D of sort.Unless of course you find relics of Ina Ali Shire …and find in it the Burji that once was.

Alla jb nabadgee, waxan ka baqayyaa inaa intuu sii soo recognition buufis ku dhaco...

^^Pentagon may drive America’s covert policy in the horn but it’s State Department’s function to articulate overt policies toward any continent, region, country, or in your case toward a recovery zone in a failed state. You should not spill any more ink on this adeer for America’s stances are very clear on this, and you know it. If however it’s the sheer fact that America’s top media outlet published an article in which it reported, quoting of course from unnamed sources, that intelligence community and some pentagon thinkers are leaning to do some policy shifts in the horn by which Somaliland would be ascribed some political and regional significance, if that’s what you are excited about, then it’s fair to say that it’s you, good Oodweyne, who, after years of sleeping on Ethiopia’s covert policy of recognizing you one day after God knows what, and feeding the unsuspecting masses that crude lie of a looming independence, is still hanging on to weak political robes.

Ponder on this adeer: America has failed to change the reality of colonial borders when it so desired and wanted. Her failures are manifested in South Sudan and Iraqi’s Kurdistan. Both have put forth a stronger argument than you could ever muster: religion and ethnicity, respectively. For south Sudan, there were presidential envoys, interested congressional committees, and motivated interest groups who worked so hard to accomplish some sort of independence for that supposedly oppressed region by, supposedly, fundamentalist government of Sudan. In Kurdistan, which is in a failed state mind you, you have had neoconservative intellectuals, and top opinion makers of this country who preached the plight of Kurdistan, the oppressed non-Arab communities of Iraq. You can’t win independence by mere shouts or presentation of fancy dreams in the form of well-composed articles! It’s obvious that Somaliland has a long way to go before such a proposition could be entertained by any regional leaders, let alone the wish of the sole superpower hazarding the exercise of what essentially is akin to wallowing the mud of dismembering of a poor Muslim nation, and a African one at that.

Lets debate the would be SL cabinet in SOL and stop dreaming too hard on these phantom things yaa Oodka.

It was tempting to respond :D .

LANDER   

I really don't get why the folks on this forum are so quick to write whatever comes across their minds no matter how erroneous or frankly ignorant it makes them look If I'm not mistaken this article is a linked to the STATE DEPARTMENT ?

Obviously its clear that there is a marginal disagreement between The Pentagon and the State Department on the Somaliland issue. Whereas The Pentagon has come to the conclusion that engaging with Somaliland as an independent entity falls within the wider regional interest of the USA, the State Department still mulls about the political implecations of such a move.

It is important to underscore that the State Department itself wishes that the Africans themselves take the lead on this issue before the USofA takes any concrete position, politically. The African Union on its part is very much interested and, in most respects, favours Somaliland's quest to become a member state of the union. But what is holding back at this juncture is its engagement in Somalia (Proper).

From the AU's perspective, they want to first stablise Southern Somalia and only after that open a dialogue about the Somaliland issue. That obviously doesn't look like it to be the case at this time, unless something magical takes place and Col. Yey and his genocidical regime is deposed and a new more legitimate one takes office.

All in all, the Somaliland case is emerging as an important issue as we approach the second decade of the new millenium.

^^To paraphrase Al Hamdani’s famous line, one would not blame you for the weakness of your argument, if one is sufficiently assured that you are the hired pen of the secessionist society here in SOL. Why else would you dwell in lofty pretensions in your pose to appear as a man who has gotten political revelations of sort and be didactic about America’s foreign policy-making maneuverings and how it might produce favorable outcome as far as your little enclave’s independence aspirations are concern? Speaking of the national interest of America, the south, which as you know, is more populous, and more richer in resource, and with no diplomatic obstructs at all, has been in shambles for nearly two decades, and America has shown a little interest if any in wanting to help this strategic real state situated of course at international sea paths, stand its own feet and return its collapsed authority to a functioning state again. Why then Somaliland, and not the south? What does Somaliland offer that the south does not? If America opted to have the whole pie as far as Iraq is concern, what satisfies her in settling for a tiny portion out of the bigger Somali pie, and Northern one at that yaa Oodka?

You see, I can continue undressing your argument but I don’t want to gain your anger :D . I know when you get angry with me you would remind me the weakness of my clan and how defeated they are. You would remind me the ease in which the Laascaano :D city fell in your army’s hands. And although my uncles tell me, their army being mobilized to guard the golden egg and the goose that laid it, that they are shorthanded, citing of course that when the big Cat’s :D away the mice tend to play, yet I don’t buy their argument. Having advanced the ball well into their courts, I have no choice but to take your word for wanting to fight to the end and settle this thing once and for all.

So you see I am being careful here…balancing things! But i am sure i gave enough signposts for which to look at for directions...

It's baffling, quite frankly, to see that there are still people who are hopeful of a reconstituted and re-united Somalia after 17 years. It seems these people have not yet come to terms with the reality on the ground that a re-union IS NOT an option at all.

There are only 3 options on the table:

1. A continued stalemate/status-quo/civil unrest and conflict in that part of the world

2. A one-sided dissolvent of the union akin to the Kosovo issue as of now

3. A matual agreement on dissolving the union of the 1960

Henceforth, Option#1 has been the case. But the clock is ticking towards to Option#2, as many international actors loose hope of Option#3.

That said, the reconstitution of Somalia will only become an option if the Somaliland populace change their current position through a Referendum.

Som@li   

False theories built on Collonial borders, however u shape it, will never bring independence, It is time u should smell the coffee, Independence was coming for some for the last 17 years, It is a wonderfull thing to note the peace and prosperity in norhtern regions, but neither America nor Britian can divide Somalia, So it is time to quit with all these a5S-kissing, and try to work out how to fit back into Somalia State, Shacabka beenta ha laga daayo. We are all in the same boat,same faith!

^^true that the Somaliland borders were built by colonialists, so has every other African country. Big deal!!

But it is very upsetting that you think "it is time" at this juncture in history when Mogadishu itself is under occupation for Somaliland to join, when any other Somali person would have urged otherwise!!! It is very telling indeed.

Anyways, sxb, waxba ha is wareerin. 50 years later, Somaliland will still be Somaliland. Wax aanad waxba ka qaban karayn wakhti la iskagama lumiyo.

Adigu Somaliland ayaa ka hadlaysaa, I am more concerned about what will happen when Mogadishu is freed, will Mogadishu people think twice about sharing a country with those that invited and ululated for the Xabashi occupation? I think time will tell.

NGONGE   

Somaliland.gif

I heard my country calling, away across the sea,

Across the waste of waters she calls and calls to me.

Her sword is girded at her side, her helmet on her head,

And round her feet are lying the dying and the dead.

I hear the noise of battle, the thunder of her guns,

I haste to thee my mother, a son among thy sons.

Somaliland.gif

ps

The words were taken from Cecil Spring-Rice's famous poem. The one starting:

I vow to thee, my country, all earthly things above,

Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love;

The love that asks no question, the love that stands the test,

That lays 'pon the altar the dearest and the best;

The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,

The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

pps

I bet the words gave my guru goose pimple :D

LANDER   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Somaliland.gif

I heard my country calling, away across the sea,

Across the waste of waters she calls and calls to me.

Her sword is girded at her side, her helmet on her head,

And round her feet are lying the dying and the dead.

I hear the noise of battle, the thunder of her guns,

I haste to thee my mother, a son among thy sons.

Somaliland.gif

ps

The words were taken from Cecil Spring-Rice's famous poem. The one starting:

I vow to thee, my country, all earthly things above,

Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love;

The love that asks no question, the love that stands the test,

That lays 'pon the altar the dearest and the best;

The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,

The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

pps

I bet the words gave my guru goose pimple
:D

Careful NGONGE,

I don't think they take kindly to Turn Coats or Johnny-come-latelys in Somaliland, I see a dash of that blue flag hiden behind your new colours :D