Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

HARGAISA GETS ANOTHER BRIDGE

Somaliland cannot be compared to the demonstrations in Borama sxb nor in London. Somaliland has always had a different historical trajectories to the rest of South Somalia. Using your argument that Somaliland is still part of Somalia, it still accounts for 40+% of Somalia's land mass and almost close to 2/5 of its Population, so marka if these people want to secede, should they not determine their own destiny rather than continue to be part of a ill-fated and ill-conceived union of 1960 that brought Somaliland and Somalia together under a flawed policy wrapped in illusion.

Somaliland today provides a face-saving exist strategy for the long standing reconfirmation of the 1960s internatinally recognised independent state of Somaliland Republic that will pave the way for a mutually beneficailly economic co-operation among somali speaking nations in the Horn of Africa.

Taleexi   

Mr. Marx,

With all due to respect the truth is not on your side. I and like-minded people wish well the relevance of semblance of governance practiced in NW of Somali regions but claiming that the entirety of northerners supports the session I beg to differ. If you are from Awdal, and a diehard secessionist that is absolutely fine with me, it is your God given right to think so but the people of your hometown have shown their sentiments and took it to the streets, a fact that you can’t deny. Moreover, as you know well the eastern regions of the north are against the secession over 90 percentile, another fact that will hunt down you and like-minded people.

Embrace the reality and be happy with what you've got.

The reality is clouded in your judgement sxb. I say this not out of disrespect but if the reality according to you is that Somaliland still part of Somalia then why doesn't the Somali Republic assert this reality and quash the recognition aspirations of Somaliland and its inhabitants. The reality is the Somali Republic is in a disarray and cant control its own jurisdiction. Maanta, no one can step into Hargeisa, Borama (despite vocal support for the union) Burco, Las Anod nor Erigabo with facing strong resistance from the SDF. The reality is that all these areas come under the jurisdiction of Somaliland and we can all attest to this. What is the reality that you speak of?

Delusional reality and Political realism are two different paradigm.

Thankful   

No one wants to step into the any of those places. That would only be seen as an act of aggression. It would play right into the secessionist hands. Meeting Hillary Clinton, world presidents, being given full presidential welcomes is the way to fight for the union. When Riyaale can't even get welcomed in Kuwait, when the recent meetings in Washington refused to invite the NW Somali admin as a seperate entity or last year when Riyaale went to Washington and the state department made it clear that they weren't recongizing or on the verge of recognizing his state. This is exactly why the blue flags came out in Boorama, they know that the last 18 years have gotten them nowhere, not even one single country will recognize them. Then they look at Mogadishu and see they are the only government that holds an international standing. The Somali republic may be in disarray, but the president of the republic just met with the U.S Secretary of State today! In the 6 or more months President Sharif has be the leader, he has accomplish more internationally then the NW Somali Admin has in 18 years! How long has Riyaale been leader? Show me the pics he has with world leaders. After that search Sharif and see how many he has met in 6 months or so.

The facade is over, the people realize recognition has seen no progress!

Taleexi   

Mr. Marx. First, if my reality is delusional and you believe yours is a divine revelation from God I let other nomads on SOL to judge. I don't anticipate taking you back and revisiting the chorological events that facilitated the disintegration of our country. However, I will say something about your admin a.k.a. SL, do you know that it has no jurisdiction over large territories of the lands that it claims?, when we put aside the occupation and oppression of Las Anod by your militia, do you know from Buhodle-to-Erigavo-t o-Las Qoray are areas where the wish of the indigenous people reign. I don’t how much geography classes you’ve had but that area is almost half of the land mass of the north, Is that delusional or reality?.

One more thing, we all realize the lack of power of the so called Somali transitional government to assert its jurisdiction over its territory so, in the same line of thought what made you to believe that SL has the legitimate power to dictate its will on others?, I don’t know what you've been smoking, but surely I would like to have some.

SL's clan hegemony, expansionist ideology and clannish dogma aren’t applicable into this 21st century. If history is any worth for reference, you may occupy a town or two but sustaining your oppression by iron fist, while the indigenous people against, is unattainable task my friend. Am I singing in a vacuum or Marx is?.

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

...Then they look at Mogadishu and see they are the only government that holds an international standing. The Somali republic may be in disarray, but the president of the republic just met with the U.S

Internationally recognised YES!!! But When people see Mogadishu all they see is war and war and war and tribalism and tribalism and more tribalism, not to mention poverty and mass starvation and off course terrorism - all induced by its weak and self-interested leaders. Its shame that people see Mogadishu and think all Somalis are savages like Mogadishuites. My solution to Mogadishu is nuke it. its a necessary evil. There is no hope in that place.

Its a shame sheikh.sharif has to meet with Hilary in Kenya. If the weak and mandate-less Mogadishu based govt want to assert itself it will have to use a proxy country. its shame.

Mansa Munsa,

It is quite obvious from your wishful thinking who is delusional sxb. Its somewhat foolish to think in irredentist tendencies in these interest based political times we live in. If your talking about the Sool and Sanag, these regions are under the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Somaliland. Look at map.

To claim clannish dogma shows your inability to think of the wider picture and practical implications of how best to govern these regions. The people of Sool and Sanag have accepted the mandate of the somaliland governemnt and for you to insinuate that Somaliland is sustaining its jurisdication by ''oppression by iron fist, while the indigenous people against is unattainable task my friend'' is nothing short of travesty. While some of the people of Sool and Sanag are of different clans to the mainstay of Somaliland diverse population, it shows lacking of understanding on your part that Sool and Sanag should be annexed to Puntland or Somalia on the grounds of their inhabitants common clan membership. I reiterate yet again that Somaliland is based on interest not irredentist clannish dogmas sxb.

The people of Sool and Sanag shared with the people of Somaliland a land, marriage lineage, cultural heritage, tradition, common customs, history, similar dialects, folkloric dances, upbringing, educational system and a colonial system. With the people of Puntland, they share a common clan lineage.

Identity is constructed, its not biological sxb. Cut the irredentist nonsense marka.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Horta let me ask people like che, KK and Duke.... what kind of world they live in?

I live in the real world where Somaliland doesn't exist...Ee adiga aduunkee ku nooshahay? There never was Somaliland in 1995, nor is there Somaliland in 2009... :D

Mansa Munsa,

The people of Sool and Sanag shared with the people of Somaliland a land, marriage lineage, cultural heritage, tradition, common customs, history, similar dialects, folkloric dances, upbringing, educational system and a colonial system. With the people of Puntland, they share a common clan lineage.

Identity is constructed, its not biological sxb. Cut the irredentist nonsense marka.

So, you are telling me there's an invisible wall stopping people of Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle from culturaly, politically, economically, linguistically, and maritally integrating with the rest of Somalia.

Let me tell my dear mom and ayeeyo in Buhoodle that we are very so alike yet so apart :(

Cut crap nigga icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

similar dialects, folkloric dances, upbringing, educational system and a colonial system

I had to highlight that, your entire argument came down to dialects, screwed by English together, dance to the same beats, and write the word majirto majidho :D

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by -MARX-:

Mansa Munsa,

So, you are telling me there's an invisible wall stopping people of Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle from culturaly, politically, economically, linguistically, and maritally integrating with the rest of Somalia.

Let me tell my dear mom and ayeeyo in Buhoodle that we are very so alike yet so apart
:(

Cut crap nigga
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
No! I am not saying that there is an invisible wall stopping people of Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle from culturaly, politically, economically, linguistically, and maritally integrating with the rest of Somalia. It just so happens that these same people are have more in common with the people of Somaliland. The point I was making was that Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle should not be annexed from Somaliland on the grounds of common clan membership. For many people, clan is a not a defining feature of their identity. Its a contributing factor. However you and I and the rest of SOL knew that those who claim that Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle are under occupation are using historical irredentist overtones to justify these regions annexation from Somaliland.

Can you also tell my brother, sisters and cousins and entire family that they are not part of Puntland. Who continuely indoctrinate people of Sool,Sanaag, and Buhoodle despite centuries of historical connection with the Somaliland people by advocating that they should leave them to join their clans peoples on Eastern Somalia.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Horta let me ask people like che, KK and Duke.... what kind of world they live in?

I live in the real world where Somaliland doesn't exist...Ee adiga aduunkee ku nooshahay? There never was Somaliland in 1995, nor is there Somaliland in 2009...
:D
Cool with me! ;)icon_razz.gif

Fabregas   

[qb]

[qb] Mansa Munsa,

rubbish!

Originally posted by Fabregas:

[qb]

[qb] Mansa Munsa,

rubbish!
RUBBISH !!!!!!!

Juje   

Good to see the infrastucture of the city developing, but what is really needed by the S/land admin at this actual moment is the construction of a 'political bridge'. Things are not looking good in the part of the country which made you proud to be a Somali - peaceful and under administration.

Riyaale is destrying at one go the hard work achieved over the last nineteen years.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by Fabregas:

quote:

[qb]

[qb] Mansa Munsa,

rubbish!
RUBBISH !!!!!!!
rubbish squared plus wahid, thalatha, ethnayn. :D lakin, seriously, MARX is talking baris today, not that he normally doesn't. :D