Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

closing-ranks mentality

Ms DD   

Salaam

I have been keeping a close eye on the banter/dood that was happenening between Somalilanders and 'Nolanders :D ' Something occured to me. The Jewish community (wherever they are) and Somalilanders whereever they are share one thing: closing-ranks mentality. Somaliland intellectuals initiated and advanced a number of important intellectual and political movements during the last 16years. Same with Jewish intellectuals in the 20th century.

It is unfortunate that the 'Victim' mentality is so encouraged by secessionists. It gives them power over the populace and they are hoping that this leads to legitimisation of Somaliland.

Is there a parallel comparison between the camps?

I am off work..so I will check in on Monday Inshallah.

Have a nice weekend.

Salaam

RedSea   

Yes, I have response for you ms> what?

Jewish and Somalilanders...comparisons yeah right. I rather not even bother to respond to this nonsense, 'oh I thought about it in last minute piece of garabage. <I am speaking of the post offcourse not you.

If you want attention from some people here, then you better do better job.

Okay iska shaqayso.

I am off work..

How convienent Ayeeyo.Bambo meesha dhagtay ka dhaqaaqday.

Well, most of the Somalilanders I have meet usually spew the same mantric rhetoric.And majority atleast in my opinion seem to favor the idea of pursuing an identiy of their own which sets them apart from other Somalis and is largely attached to the colonial legacy. And there is certianly a lot emphasis on past grievances coupled with the notion of being a people with diffirent creed-perhaps an antithesis to mainstreem Somali values.

RedSea   

Yes, and why wouldn't I want to be different from group of folks who are hellbent on spitting the most outrageous statements, such as that we actually hold pride in colonials past, and that we perhaps might even compare Somalilanders to the Jewish nation which are perhaps the most disowned human beings alive.

If that is the case and that is your mentality, then I don't......

see any reason to share anything with you, you folks aren't worth our brotherlyness.

RedSea   

So who is a Jew? whether there might be something wrong in being a Jew or not, it shouldnt' be applied and should have absulately nothing to do with Somalis.

If I am not a Jew, do I deserve to be compared to one, yes even if it's the slightest observation.

If you call this an observation, then You need to put on magnified glassess so that you can better see right from wrong. In this case your observation not only sucks big time, but it blows...boom. icon_razz.gif

what's wrong in being a Jew and for matter being compared to one?

it shouldnt' be applied and should have absulately nothing to do with Somalis.

There is nothing wrong in contrasting human nature or in this case political movements by diffirent social groupings in the world. There could be parallel similarities within movements. Ms D & D made a point about "closing-ranks" mentality. You could try to refute it, but enough with hissy throws about Jews.

RedSea   

Everything.

Maybe in your nutshel world, you don't see far beyond their ethnicity, which I am not judging them by, however, their acts against the Muslim world is what has put them on the chapters of the Holy Quran and to this day, they continue to do so, evil doings that is. .

I didnt' expect to baby sit anyone today.

Anyways, I don't see the comparison that the old lady Cambaro has put forth.

Che, there's nothing particularly wrong in being a Jew! But good Cambarro has gotten this utterly wrong; the parallel she claims to have observed does not exist here. Jews are way ahead of us in many ways; they know who they are and plan accordingly. We on the other hand know what is right but know not how to achieve it. We lack unity in purpose. Secessionism is a good example of us attempting to seek moment’s repose in disunity! In short, Jews do appreciate unity and cultural cohesion, the one whose value we Muslims still struggle to realize!

Stealth, you said: I don't see the comparison that the old lady Cambaro has put forth. And I agree. The rest is a typical you trying to stick on a rattlesnake and expecting not to be bitten :D by it adeer!

Cara.   

Come on Che. Obviously Somalis think there's something wrong with being a Jew. So it's disingenuous of Ms D & D to use that comparison. She could've compared them to the dozens of secessionist movements across the globe (Kashmir, Taiwan, the Basque in Spain, etc). They are all similar to some extent.

Maybe in your nutshel world, you don't see far beyond their ethnicity, which I am not judging them by, however, their acts against the Muslim world is what has put them on the chapters of the Holy Quran and to this day, they continue to do so, evil doings that is. .

Here you have your usual, "I don't judge but" mantra. Reminds of your " I respect SSH people's rights,but the majority Slanders would silence their voice in referendum. Saaxib, hadaad wax dhehdid. Stick to it and back it up with something. Don't try wiggle your way of out it.

LooooooooooL@Xiin & Cara...the funny thing is Badacas probably works for Jew. Heck, his state might even have a Jew as senator. One wonder how he reconciles that to his overall view about them.

RedSea   

:D

Xiin okay

Cara

Have you read what she wrote and her "last minute reason" that she came up with?

Well, regardless of whether or not there is something wrong with Jews, you should not make a comparisons like that, its' utterly as confirmed by Xiin, wrong.

Che

smile.gif go ahead defend everything and change the subject just to have few things off of your mind.. You have already said it there of how you see an average Somalilander.

However, it doesn't matter what I think of the Jews, that is not the subject here, the subject here is that one is a Muslim and the other isn't.

Besides, what do you about Sen. Norm Coleman ( a Jew, in U.S senate from MN), he is behind many things and is involved in many things, even in the issue in Somalia, he can be found on the side of the evil doers like Ethiopia and their pupet regime, the TFG.....if you weren't aware of that, well now you know.

BTW...I do NOT work for a Jew.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Here you have your usual, "I don't judge but" mantra. Reminds of your " I respect SSH people's rights,but the majority Slanders would silence their voice in referendum. Saaxib, hadaad wax dhehdid. Stick to it and back it up with something. Don't try wiggle your way of out it.

wiggle what? back up what?

quite honestly, I dont' see your point or how it relates to anything. Are you starring at another space.

I have an issue with the comparison made by Cambaro between Jews and Somalilanders. What does what YOU say have to do with that? you tell me, cuz I am not really sure.

Blessed   

:D @Stealth. Heedhe, huuno.

Put the budh down and move away from the computer. I honestly don't think that DnD was comparing reer SL to Jews but her focus is the tools used by both entities to propagate for their cause.

Are they comparable? I personally say, no.

SLs secessionist movement is based on a different philosophy and history to the Zionist movement. You might perhaps look at other seccessionist states as suggested by Cara smile.gif

As far as the ‘victim mentality’ goes, yes, it’s a tool used globally by politicians, just listen to Bush’s speeches. It is usually used by the SL admin as a backdrop to politicking to outsiders but not as a tool to rule over people.

P.s Happy 18th Stealth smile.gif

go ahead defend everything and change the subject just to have few things off of your mind.. You have already said it there of how you see an average Somalilander.

I haven't changed anything. My view of all Somalilanders that I have meet still stands.Majority of the ones I came into contact with more or less share the sentiments when it comes to the secession issue.Underlying justification for the dismemberment of Somalia is past greivances and the colonial legacy inherited from European partition of Somali lands.If Iam misunderstanding their views, pls illuminate on the issue.

As for jew thing, I don't really what you are huffing about. Nobody said that you are Jew not that's anything wrong with that. All Ms D& D did was point parellel similarities between two movements. All you had to do was refute it without going bonkers.