Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somaliland falling apart, clan from Awadal targeted

Super Somaliland; or silly clansland?

It is unfortunate that in the recent Hargeisa disturbances some innocent people lost their lives. And it is equally unfortunate that it happened at the wrong time when donors willing to help poor Somaliland out of the present isolation, were in the country. But I can only hope that that will not have any negative impact on the future of super Somaliland!

However, it is funny that that incident was automatically labeled on the president who may not have even known any thing about that story. So, it seems to me that the response to every episode by clannish Somaliland is always …. wixii xunba xaawaa leh!... or every thing that stinks is due to the president himself because “he has special favors for Awdal…. .an Awdal that he yet to even share its sorrows with, at its worst times, let alone give it a fair share of what it deserves!”

Sorry on the contrary, the president has special favors for others and I believe if he had any thing to do with that sorrowful episode, it is due to his recent actions of dividing the nation into economically non-viable clan based Fiefdoms few of which can be called self-sustaining Regions!

So, I can only say to you, Mr. President “ka gur garowga muudhmuudhay!” This is the reward you got out of your recent generosity of showering every sub-clan with a regional status! However, I hope that that is not only a tip of the ice-berg!

On the other hand, it is unfortunate, that every minister who talked to the media in the aftermath of that deadly encounter of the public with police in Dunbuluq, Hargeisa, had only one justification to give: “that the Rig was not destined to Borama, Awdal!”

But:

Can anybody imagine how insulting that is to a nation whose constitution says it is a democracy?

Why tribalism is the measuring rod of everything in super Somaliland or silly clansland?

Doesn’t democracy mean it is “one from the people, by the people and for the people as a whole”?

And in conclusion, clan infested Somaliland, relax! If the Rig, the whole cause of the whole episode, demonstration and death, was even destined to Borama, isn’t Borama part and parcel of super Somaliland or silly clansland?

Clan-infested Somalilanders, relax! The whole pie is not only for one! It is for all, if at all there is one in the first place!

To me the whole story that caused loss of precious lives is ******. It is silly; it is laughable! And in fact, it is only a repeat of the edoy waa inaga story of Mr. Basheer Goth!

Is Somaliland a nation or is it an entity made up of tribal fiefdoms each of which has to defend its “own” enclave at whatever cost?

Does that mean if a volcano of diamonds/gold oozes out at “my enclave”, I will have to fight to death to keep others out? That is not what a nation is!

Where is the togetherness that symbolizes unity and nationhood? And how can innocent people be instigated to come violently against the law?

And to those of you who may consider my argument as a hoax that lacks credibility, let me say just look into realities; and let us come together to redress the wrongs so that the nation moves forward!

By Noah Arre

EMAIL: noah.arre@gmail.com

RedSea   

Mr. Noah,

Yeah blame the President for removing the equipment before it finished its job.

Besides, the rig was taken from Southern Hargeysa resided by mix of clans including those from baligubadle, where the rig ended up.

lool. Somaliland great city of Hargaysa had a riot which cost much for a water hole. Riyaale failed and the secesionist are on their last fe minutes.

Things are falling a apart fast, firts they get chased out of Las Qoray then Riyaale's corruption and attempted nepotisam is fought by clan mobs targeting innocent people.

RedSea   

Keep trying there. I promise you Somaliland is resiliant and determined. Little riots here and there dont' sum up to be total collapse. What world do you live my man? :D

ps. I am glad we were kicked out from Laas Qorey. Finally Pland can claim to have 'chased' anyone. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^That is NOT something to be proud of. Xamar is in a state of war, Somaliland is not. There is no comparison; Anything is better than Xamar, and the aim should be so much higher than simply being “better” than Xamar.

How many people died hoorta?? I keep reading many but nothing else.

riots happend every where in the world gen duke

Somaliland works for its people its not a warlord state like Puntland Who suports terorist that hijack ships

Castro   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Xamar is in a state of war, Somaliland is not.

Ibti, I know you're a budding thinker so I'm asking you to ruminate over this statement of yours.

Ibtisam   

Castro I thought about it some more and I stand by it.

Xiin I don’t get it?? faar wawey igu diig please.

I just find it inconsistent for people to emphasis how much more stable Hargisa or Somaliland is, and then something goes wrong, say well at least it is better than Xamar. :confused Which is what I was pointing out here. Since it is “better than Xamar” it should have different standard to be judged. What is your problem with that? icon_razz.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Castro I thought about it some more and I stand by it.

I didn't ask if you stood by it. lol. I too stand by my earlier assessment. You are a budding thinker but you're right at the start line.