Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Members what do you think of his Excellency? Abdilaahi

so far i am hearing negative things about this new man titled "PREsident" but i hope he is gonna lead somalia Through the Holy quran..

and about changing the capital city to boosaaso that is scary , hope that never happens, since i was born i was in Mugadishu, don`t know any where else.. Hope Mugadishu will remain as the capital City

Warmooge ha yidhaa waa Majirtee.

Waa Maalin Cad oon Madoobayne

Aan Maalno Hasheena Maandeeq.

A/Qasim lost because he concentrated all his campaign to bribe MP's but when it become clear that the vote will be secret then he lost the plot. Otherhand AY's message was clear to the most of the MP's especially reer baidao and group 5. This made a big difference. The other strategy that worked for him was emphasizing the second vote. As an MP he lobbied in the parliament for his old friends for support which tribe they come from. One example was a friend of mine called his uncle who is MP, supporter of A/Qasim and from same tribe from A/Qasim. He is col himself and knows to AY in the military. What he said was very interesting, he said A/Y requested my vote but I told him that as he well aware that he is supporting A/Qasim. AY nodded and said for the sake of our long time friendship give me your vote in the second round, which he tentatively agreed. So A/Y's strategy worked and his MPship worked.

About going to Mogadishu he only needs good strategy including his choice of premiership. The rest will be a peace of cake. :D

Saxardiid,

I agree, the man is very smart and hardworking. No wonder, he got as far as being the top man of Somalia.

On the other hand though, I think Mogadihsu will be a greater challenge than Somaliland for the new president. Mogadishu is militarily very strong, but lack in diplomacy. While Somaliland is militarily weak (they froze after Puntland's attack), but are diplomatically very strong. The latter has allready lost on both fronts, because Somaliland is fighting for legitimacy, something only Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed possesses now.

That's why it's useless if he appoints a prime minister from Somaliland, he'll have to choose a credible one from Mogadishu, preferably Caddow or Qanyare. Mogadishu can start a war and bring us back to the stone age, ignoring them, as they're allready angry, would be a fatal mistake. Ignoring Somaliland will not change anything however, since it's fully pledged by anyone that they will never ever recognize Somaliland. They'll be adressed peacefully to become a federal state within Somalia, if they refuse, Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed always has his last option of invading NorthWest region with not only Puntland troops but from the rest of Somalia and International Forces under his command.

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed always has his last option of invading NorthWest region with not only Puntland troops but from the rest of Somalia and International Forces under his command.

:confused: This won't happen in any circumstance sxb. Its not viable, desirable and totally counterproductive.

-Lily-   

Like most people I know I'm not happy with the choice of president, but I am still behind supporting whoever won. We have time for real democratic elections in 5 years when and if insha Allah this government works. But is it just me or is 5 years an awfully long time for a transitional government?

I think Somaliland should be the last thing we worry about. There is plenty to do in the other regions to begin with, besides, we have seen enough bloodshed.

I think Mogadishu should remain the capital, always has been and always will be.

Rahima   

but i hope he is gonna lead somalia Through the Holy quran..

Don’t hold your breath sister ;) ; CY is openly anti the implementation of Islam. This is the man who after 9/11 was crying out to the US how Somalia was full of terrorists and for them to eliminate the country of his brothers. It then becomes obvious why they favoured him ;) .

From such a person, can we expect much in terms of Islam? I think not!

So long as he does not go back to his old ways of brutality, we are satisfied. They say one step at a time smile.gif .

Nugaali,

It still does not make it right.

What I disagree with is the point that he won the presidency upon fairness and justice. That is a load of crap, and we all know it ;) .

Money and support from certain outsiders (namely the filthy xabash) made the difference.

But of course I don’t blame him for it, he was only playing the game that the rest of the sick Somalis were playing.

Nationalist,

Brother, don’t kid yourself smile.gif . Believe you me, very few people are happy that he won the position, just take a look at SOL, how many non-puntlanders are happy? very few and if they are, it is not because of his great ceredntials ;) . I suggest that you have a chat to the average Somali, I have yet to come across any Somali-from all areas, from Hargeysa to Afmadow and all in between- who is happy with the outcome of president, but nonetheless are happy for the chance at success. The people of these cities celebrate because it is a prospect of peace. I guarantee you that the celebrations would of have been the same regardless of who won. These people celebrated in the same fashion when cabdiqasim won at the last conference.

Don’t confuse the two ;) . Some would love it if all were overjoyed at the selection, but this is not the case and I’m sure if you got in touch with reality you would see that smile.gif .

Rahima   

^ You make me laugh often brother :D , that i must thank-you for.

So i ask, where have i stated that i favoured Caddow for the position? Like i've said a billion other times, please do quote me on that. I await, just like i await for all the other times ;)

To say that Caddow is better for the position than CY, it does not mean i supported him. I don’t like him much at all, he like adeer CY is a lackey of some sort, namely to the US. And me no like lackeys.

As for the Carta conference, where on this earth did you whip that one out of? Never did i say that Cabdiqaasim got the position fairly (he may of have- I doubt considering politics is a dirty game, but i wouldn't know precisely, i was much too young for that back then), so once again, what are you on about?

Honestly Mobb, you worry me brother. Of all the posters here, you puzzle me the most. I am speaking about what's happening in the east and you somehow always manage to translate that as what's happening in the west :rolleyes: .

What is it, do we speak different sorts of English?

Rahima   

^ Such as. So far, the only people who have accused me of such a thing, have turned out to be, you guessed it, CY supporters ;) .

And i still await the quote smile.gif . Please feel more than free to reveal my errors to me.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Abdulahi Yusuf might not have been alot of people's first choice, but what is done is done and trough a democratic way.

Horn sweetheart, remember the night you promised to be a Somaliland supporter if the Colnel was chosen as President? :D

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

Rahima, I have given up on you the day you said Hiiraale and Indhacade are not warlords. I mean, how bad does it get.

The whole world was reading our little conversation na'mean. lol

I think we shouldn't repress the views of others.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Saxardiid,

On the other hand though, I think Mogadihsu will be a greater challenge than Somaliland for the new president. Mogadishu is militarily very strong, but lack in diplomacy. While Somaliland is militarily weak (they froze after Puntland's attack), but are diplomatically very strong. The latter has allready lost on both fronts, because Somaliland is fighting for legitimacy, something only Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed possesses now.

That's why it's useless if he appoints a prime minister from Somaliland, he'll have to choose a credible one from Mogadishu, preferably Caddow or Qanyare. Mogadishu can start a war and bring us back to the stone age, ignoring them, as they're allready angry, would be a fatal mistake. Ignoring Somaliland will not change anything however, since it's fully pledged by anyone that they will never ever recognize Somaliland. They'll be adressed peacefully to become a federal state within Somalia, if they refuse, Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed always has his last option of invading NorthWest region with not only Puntland troops but from the rest of Somalia and International Forces under his command.

Now thats what I call a well thought out analysis of the Somali problem.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Abdulahi Yusuf might not have been alot of people's first choice, but what is done is done and trough a democratic way.

Horn sweetheart, remember the night you promised to be a Somaliland supporter if the Colnel was chosen as President?
:D
First I'm not a sweetheart ;) , unless you want me to think you as something else :D

Second Ayoub things are said in the heat of moments, but it is ludicris for me to support seccession now when I've always been against it.

Abdulahi Yusuf is a but man, he could be dead as we speak, but my Somali Republic will be here until yawmul aaqira inshallah.

And third I'm not exactly thrilled he was chosen president, but for the sake of Somalia and my hopes for it, I accept it.

I believe to go the road we want Somalia to go to, we have to give Abdulahi Yusuf our support, not blindly follow him to whatever ditch he has in mind, but we have to give him our support to see where he leads us for.

I don't think there will ever be another time in Somali history where one group is virtually the state, as in Siad Barre's time, so there shouldn't be any worry on the part of rer Muqdisho or anyone else. Somalis are to modernized, too politicized, too aware, and too vengeful to let that happen again.

And as such, I don't think fears of going back to time should worry people and which would cause them to stand in the way of Abdulahi Yusuf fulfilling his duty as president. Heck there are

people right now, important people, waiting for an excuse to declare Abdulahi Yusuf's election as null and void, and as such I don't think he'll be too eager to try any funny business.

Once and for all, Somalis lose this clan mentality. If I, HornAfrique, am acknowledging Abdulahi Yusuf's right to lead, what do you have to worry about ;):D

Don’t hold your breath sister ; CY is openly anti the implementation of Islam. This is the man who after 9/11 was crying out to the US how Somalia was full of terrorists and for them to eliminate the country of his brothers. It then becomes obvious why they favoured him .

From such a person, can we expect much in terms of Islam? I think not!

So long as he does not go back to his old ways of brutality, we are satisfied. They say one step at a time .

Rahima abaayo i heard the statements of him being anti_Islam, but we can`t give up hope if we can`t do much we can at least pray that he will be the ONe making somalia shine, and he can only do that by following Quran and the Sunnah Of our Beloved Prophet..

The Only thing that somlia needs to Build a Good Government is some 1 very educated in Islam, and who can only take his decission with his fellower collega`s and through religion...

Unfortunetly there is no Muslim Leader in The World that does so :(:( ...

Yaa Rabb, allahumma a3iZal islam Wal musliin Wa adila Shirka Wal mushrikiin....

Nugaali

The Palestinians don't want peace, coz if they did, they'd taken Ehud Barak's offer. They want the impossible task of kicking out ALL Jews from Palestine. That'll happen in Yomul Qiyaama.

sxb. You reciting Zionist propaganda and misinformation. What Barak/ Clinton put on the table after years of negations was something look neither nor occupation. It was just recycled old Israeli tricks and coupled with big propaganda statement. What you call place where its people can't control its borders, its ports, airports, water wells, can't have army, their refugee will stay as refugee in their camps and no prospect of coming back to their homeland, have 95% land (pre 67 land i.e. Gaza and West Bank) but not most strategic places such as all the main roads, large camps in west bank will stay and fanny enough Israeli army will stay as the camps will be under Israeli sovereignty, even the 3rd most sacred mosque for Muslims will be compromised as they suggest they will have "underneath historical link", and most of us know what that means. So bro if you want to have meaningful discussion with nomads here who are passionate about supporting those indefensible people please read and try to understand other side’s issue. You must know Palestinian people aren't those who came across oceans to steal the land of other people.