Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

A Somali website puts together a who is who of Somali warlords.

Gabbal   

1. fb0b5ac5.jpg Gen Maxamed Faarax Caydiid--USC

2. SomCabdullahi_Yusuf_June13-05.jpg Col Cabdulaahi Yusuf--SSDF

3. Calimahdi22.jpg Cali Mahdi--USC

4. xa2.jpg Muuse Sudi--USC

5. Bare.gif Col Barre Hiiraale--SNF

6. qanyare_usc_1.gif Maxamed Qanyare--USC

7. sayid.jpg Maxamuud Sayid Aden--SNF

Gabbal   

8. prez1.JPG Cabdiqasim Salad Hassan--Arta

9. Cumar%20Xaaji.gif Gen. Cumar Xaaji Massale--SNF

10. shaati.jpg Col Shaati Gaduud--RRA

11. dherelaqanyo1.jpg Maxamed Dheere--USC

12. XuseenCeydiid1.jpg Hussein Caydiid--USC

13. Moorgan.jpg Gen Morgan--SPM

14. har4.jpg Daahir Riyaale Kaahin--UDUB

15. 75_Caato.gif Cusmaan Caato--USC

OLOL   

wrong - both A/Qasim &Riyaale are not warlords, not killed any one, don't have any militias or M.O.o.r.y.a.a.n...they are the ramnants of Siad Barre though and that tarnishes their reputation.

Cadde Muse should have been included in the list. and Munye, Geedi, and others in the TFG.

The list is not complete for it is missing some other minion warlords like Habsade, Beebe, Indhacadde, and so on.

Gabbal   

Warlord; n.= A military commander exercising civil power in a region, whether in nominal allegiance to the national government or in defiance of it.

In that regard, both Cabdiqasim and Riyaale have been or are warlords.

Shirwac   

"Warlord; n.= A military commander exercising civil power in a region, whether in nominal allegiance to the national government or in defiance of it."

The list left out major warlords, entire SNM/Somaliland politicians, and included individuals that had nothing to do with Somalia's civil war. I like how Riyale is UDUB not SNM and Ali Mahdi USC :D .

Gabbal   

Undoubtedly one of the most useless and ignorant topics ever made in SOL politics for along while.

Really? And somehow you were forced in here and made to post by an unknown force right..

king_450   

Hornafrique,well 1st 10x for the lame reporting secondly isn't it fact that col yusuf was the first man to try to overthrow the former dictator and since that time he is been in exile, and in response to his action we know what we call.

"Genocide In Galcayo

(USC's assault In the Mudug Region)

Concerned Somalis - March 19, 1991"

Please go back and do right reporting to all of us and don't just pick and choose for your likings.

bloody%20line.gif

LIISKA DAGAALOOGAYAASHA SOOMAALIYEED!

1. Mohamad Farah Aidid

2. Adan C/lahi N. Gabyow

3. Osman Hassan Ali Atto

4. Col. Barre Hiiraale

5. Husien M. farah Aidid

6. Gen. Axmad Warsame

7. Ali Mahdi Mohamed

8. Hasan Muhammad Nur

9 Muuse Suudi Yalaxow

10. Ahmed Omar Jess

11. Omar Haji Mohamed

12. Huseen Haji Boot

13. Mohamed Said Hirsi

14. Mohamed Qanyare Afrah

etc. The list goes on there are numerous more.

NGONGE   

Great! Now that we pinpointed who the warlords are, we need some volunteers to go and round them up, people. Come on, come one, don’t be cowards. These are only a bunch of spent old men. :D

Soomaalidu waxay tiraa dhalinyarow, "Gaal dil, gartiisana sii" - which basically how fair our people use to be. My point here is, how on earth do we put together someone who, one way or another, elicited the killing of the innocents to someone who hasn't been, with evidence, blamed for killing innocent people. Of course, I am trying to point out the inclusion of this list of murderers Riyaale Kaahin. Was Mr Kaahin a head of malitia of his own? was he behind any killing of any group of innocent people? The man has been elected, at least, to run a part of Somalia - or Somalialand - by the electrate or the elders of the area. If we include him in this list, then I do not know what the reasoning is, and I would like to know.

Btw, I do not have such feeling for Mr Qaasim, because I do not believe that he fulfilled what he was elected for at Arteh. In my thinking, he is more or less in the same group and would probably come in the end of the list.

That is my thought.

N.B: I have to declare this. I am NOT from the North, I stand with justice and truth. And that is how we should be thinking.

...Sorry, let me add this to my point.

Riyaale Kaahin, as the head of what was North-East Somalia, runs an area with an official annual budget of 3$30m to run a system that is in place.....education, hospitals, transport, etc. People benefit from this system. Can you say the same of the others? I doubt it.