Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Will Edna Ismail make a good president?

Jaylaani   

^^Western election doesn’t count. You know very who I was talking about.

You put too much emphasis into American political system. Don’t you know they steal elections more than third world countries? How could they accept women when there political system is based on racial and sex segregation? I think you need learn thing or two about American political sty tem before using it as your model. It’s all about the mainstream my friend.

When America refused women and minorities in a leadership role, countries like India and Pakistan embraced women to lead them. Now tell me who is primitive?

Jaylaani....Women who ruled Pakistan and India were from political dynasties. Their rise to power has little to do with people's attitude towards women in a leadership role.

Jaylaani

Firstly, I vote in the nation I am located in. Don't know what you are on about.

Secondly, you are talking about american rigged elections and saying that Riyaale didn't rig the last election and will not rig the next one?

You are a funny cat.

Jaylaani   

Taako,

What is rayaale got to do with this? Get a grip son.

Lol@ I vote in the country I locate. Don’t we all...you are still Somali farax supporting Yey and Butland who knows nothing about election and voting system let alone empowering women. That was the focus of our discussion.

Che,

So as Adne. She was married to the most popular political figure Somaliland has ever produced. She was married to late Cigal (RIP) during his PM days in Somalia. She is political icon in Somaliland. A lot of people voted for UDUB because she was an active member of the party.

roobleh   

It takes real man not average faarax to acknowledge women and their contribution in politics and the society in general.

Jaylaani, you said it beautifully. It takes a real man (who has the ability to think independently) to appreciate women. Men who have issues with their manhood fear them and like to suppress their polical views. It is true that "Behind every great man There is a great woman." But every great woman also needs a great man to support her.

LOOOL at Butland. What do I and puntland have to do with this disscussion? You are turning this into a clannish argument now.

Anyhow, Riyaale rigs elections. Do you think he will allow a woman to win an election, since he released this same lady. Correct? He will be the president for years to come.

Your argument about her being a wife of the former leader is basically saying she is popular by association? That is not how you want to build a base. You want to build on merit. She has done great things. But in the political sphere will be eaten up when she needs support of the average faraax. The average faraax cannot call a lady madaxweyne. Whether the average citizen of the Northwest is 'above average' or not, the fact that ther hasn't been a vice president female means its highly unlikely for a female pres.

When I see 'Edna' at the top then you can say that. However the day that happens is the day I quit Somali politics. If america ain't ready for a woman, sure as hell ain't no somali ready.

Ninyahow, hadda quit garey somali politics, because odaygaaga soon waa la tooganaa, and thats the only politic drive you have.

That being said, you kept saying it has never been done, and bla bla, but history is there to be made, just because no woman previously occupied the presidency doesn't mean one or more won't occupy the seat in the future.(If you want to take history 101, go look up online courses)

Another thing you are wrong about is, comparing american politics to that of somalia.

Heerka american politics ay taagan tahay when it comes time for campaign and election is not something lagu faano.

A bunch of politicians that are bought by rich, powerful men to run for a seat in the senate, house, or presidency, so these powerful men and their corporations can have an influence on how decisions are made and how it impacts them and their business, is what american politics are all about.

These men would kill to be on the top, greed drives these elections and somalia heerkas ma gaarin and I hope and pray that it don't.

Lastly, I want to say Taako dheer, get treatment for your chauvinistic ways, because the reason why you are in this world today is because of a woman.

A woman gave birth to you, she raised you and someday soon, a woman will rule the country, those are just facts.

Deal with it, swallow it, take it however way you want, but one day it will happen, until that day comes, lets see meesha oo the likes of yay ay kaa tuuran all in the name of "men".

PS:Amen to what Jay said about landers being above average...

^^Anigu very much waa ka helay how you mix Af Somaliga and the English language. :D

Edna Adan was doing very well when she was leading our Foreign Affairs department. She is a very diplomatic lady.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Taako Man:

Your argument about her being a wife of the former leader is basically saying she is popular by association?

Waar ilayn dadk qaar waxba lomka sheegi karo.

Che, made this statement and I quote

“Women who ruled Pakistan and India were from political dynasties”

My respond to him was SO AS ADNA.

Association or other wise, she has a deep connection with political dynasties in Somali society in general as well as Somaliland political culture.

I can’t help you If have a comprehension problem my friend.

BTW, there is nothinmg wrong with rayaale being president for the next 5 years. After all he will be elected by his people.

RedSea   

Anyways, Adna doesn't want to deal with it, I heard her comment about that before, however how bout Ikran Haji from Awdal?

Khalaf   

^^waraa Red...waaan ku salaamey sxb.

hahaha a small little dusty region is compared to India/Pakistan and to US....somalidu isla weyna.....what would they do if their little regions were Pakistan or India?..............of course a woman can rule little dusty regions like Somaliland or Puntland........come on now.......I gotta u call out brother Taako on da geel-jira views, but horta jaylani sxb who u kidding here......werent u da same cat not long ago telling Violet he doesn’t discuss politics with women, then said women are above somali politics (ahh smooth I give u dat)...... let me guess women are above somali politics but not Somaliland politics? Wa shaash dheh.......mida kale there is no difference between puntland or somaliand....somali wa somali folks.

Now hadaba women are half the population, they have as much at stake in society as men.....they should participate in politics, become leaders, and be active members and work for betterment of society......somali women are known for their strength, intellecgence, and their entrepreneurship....my warrior eedos iyo habar yares attest to this fact.......people and religious leaders unfortunately use the deen to keep the sisters out and stay home....Islam says women can’t rule the Khalifah not take office. Edna seems like a great person, people like her should just be called a somali success story......best of luck to eedo Edna.

RedSea   

waan kaa qaaday saaxib.

Waliga ma maqashay, ninkii dadalaa Xaaji Cabasna waa gaadha?

India/Pakistan and America were all once dusty and under British colonial, whatever our homeland is, it's up to us to make it like India/Pakistan and the U.S.

As far as your other argument, it isnt' really neccessary. So, koob shaaha cab iskana raaxayso.

Khalaf   

^^^War ninyahow cuuqdaad ku jirto badaana? breath sxb.....funny how u had to respond and the others got da point and kaftan eh? no i never heard of dat saying my af somali is kinda low......amiin sxb may all of dusty poor somalia rise above and become better then India/paki/US and be part of inshallah da Khalifah....somali wa somali your rise is my rise ina adeer...and um not the one here that in every instance thats likes to separte our people...u know who they are nooh

as for my arugment not being necessary, ninyahow whatever i deem necessary will be necessary.

maaliin wanagsaan sxb

LayZieGirl

Yes a woman brought me on to this planet. A woman has fed and clothed me and I am forever grateful. However there are certain positions that should never and never have been held by women.

Women cannot lead prayers where men are present. Women have never been prophets (atleast not any that I have heard of). Women were never calipha's or Imam's. There are good examples of were the line is drawn. I am not being chauvanistic. Just being realistic. That's all. Never will there be a Somali woman president. I am speaking reality here. If you wan't me to be a feminist movement marauding fellow I can be.

*HOORAAY HOORAAY FOR WOMEN HAVE TAKEN TODAY...WE FIGHT FOR RIGHTS AND WON'T STOP TILL WE HAVE FULFILLED OUR GOD GIVEN PLIGHT* :D

Jaylaani

You are speaking of comprehension problem's and yet your grammar and spelling are horrendous. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Geeeeeeez. icon_razz.gif

Continue what you want to believe. American and much of world today have Male leaders. 96% have male leaders. The majority of America are white woman. Yet no woman is elected. Your stance about the majority ruling is flawed. Woman are the majority in many places around the world. However they are rarely elected. Certain positions should never be filled by women. Imam's, presidents of nations etc should never be filled by women. Women are the foundation of society, households, and for every great man there is a great woman. However for every great woman, there lies many great men, women through parental guidance provided by these women.

That's how it should stay.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

but horta jaylani sxb who u kidding here......werent u da same cat not long ago telling Violet he doesn’t discuss politics with women, then said women are above somali politics (ahh smooth I give u dat)...... let me guess women are above somali politics but not Somaliland politics?

:D:D:D