Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Is it ok for a chick not to know how to cook?

nemo   

Pepple you know how I came up with this topic its a true story and funny when I think if it noow...

Well the other day my mum and sister was gone to work and was just me and my two younger brothers.

So what does the older one do he cooks kidneys for the two of them.....I knew somethig was cooking so was waiting in my room for the cooking to finish and serve myself navie of me :(

For a while waiting in my room I came out and went to prepare for my lunch and what do I find no food left for me, he only cooked for the two of them...was so pissed and of course there was yelling why didnt you include me in it.

Answer....Im not you're mum and I am not always going to cook, I was like if a cook(once every three months)I always cook for the whole family.

Even though he never eats my cooking because he doesn't like it but the rest do eat it smile.gif

So my point is I was getting away with it for a while not cooking. Because there was a agreement I clean and mum and the brother cook...

Mum always said that you need to learn how to cook better because you are a girl and stuff...

what are you going to do when you start you're own family? my answer my husban will cook for me but now I can that I was being being navie, espcially by the replies of some brothers here....(think Allah aint the one who is going to marry the Homer simpson guy) :D:D

facklexm   

There’s no way I’d ever consider marring a girl that can’t cook. Cooking is one of the main reason you marry them.

nemo   

There’s no way I’d ever consider marring a girl that can’t cook. Cooking is one of the main reason you marry them.

Facklexm, first can you cook?

second, what if the girl is willing to learn how to cook but does not know how to cook...

Thirdly what matters to you more a women that has education going for her or one that cooks?

facklexm   

1.To be honest I am a chef

2.If she is willing to learn I don’t think I’d have a time give lessons, her mother should’ve taught her that.

3.I prefer I gal who can cook.

Arawella   

I too dislike cooking and cleaning for I truly believe that they are both a waste of time. Luckily I have two lovely cousins who absolutely adore undertaking both of the said tasks hence leaving me to pursuit my preferences as I have for them.

I do not think that lacking the above skills would reduce one chances of acquiring a marriage contract nor does it imply a lazy character. I do not feel any remorse for not knowing or wishing to learn something, which I find not pleasurable.

We are individuals with differing goals and surely the foundation of a marriage should be mutual respect and friendship rather than ensuring that the husband/wife/child is fed home made meals.

Its for ur own good if u can cook all by urself...a fab lunch,dinner etc etc. ...Thats called survival...anyyyywayz, i would say YES ITS OKAY as long u know how to keep urself alive and healthy....and if ur talking in terms of a "wife"...whats the fella gonna do? sit around and expect to be spoon fed? lol ...like "whatever"

facklexm   

Few years ago there was a guy in my town, he had three wife’s none of them couldn’t cook him a decent meal. One day he told them I’m taking to a cooking lesson he took them to a restaurant he said sit on the table. They sat there waiting for the lesson to start then he said you are divorced to the first wife and he said same to the second one the youngest one started running he said to her don’t bother running you are divorced is well.

Ibtisam   

^^^^make some sense^^^ what is your point? that she would be divorced if she can't cook. :eek:

what was wrong with him anyway. why would you make the same mistake three times in row, and then divorce them all instead of teach them as he said he would.

cooking is not rocket science

iish :rolleyes:

Bess.   

Originally posted by J.Lee:

My brothers decided to be the cooks of the house until I became of age and when I did, I was too set in my "tomboyish" ways to master the art.

I learned to cook though ( by watching the Food channel
:D
) but like Malaika I don't cook by choice.

All in all:

I, too, am domestically challenged.

lol...have u looked in the mirror lately....with ur looks sweetie...u don't need to learn how to cook...EVER... ;)

Abaadir   

Ma gabdhahaan Diana Cream is wada mariyaa dab u dhawaan kara. mid kastaa waxay ku haysaa wax ma karin karo... walee waa idin sugaysaa

Janna   

A Somali girl over 14 not knowing how to cook, should be ashamed of herself. No man should marry her. Why marry a woman who cannot cook? She will only let your children starve, turning them into skin and bones.

nemo   

A Somali girl over 14 not knowing how to cook, should be ashamed of herself. No man should marry her. Why marry a woman who cannot cook? She will only let your children starve, turning them into skin and bones.

Zarqa, could you cook at the age of 14?

And if yes I should come over at you're place and you could teach me....never know we could be living in the same suburb, since you at aussie land and stuff..

:D

nemo   

Ohhhh I see zarqa, woow I must say and could you reach the stove then?

and if you are so good sis why not teach me how to cook....after all I am you're aussie friend :D we should indeed met up, somewhere like La Porchetta or Nando's?