Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Condoms... what do you think?

Ariadne   

Inabtii if I had the luxury of time, you would be one of the Kreepy species I diagnose but time isn't on my side nor is your good will at the moment.
smile.gif

It's funny how everyone thinks they could diagnose people nowadays... using pop culture psychology to understand the human psyche. How do you know I'm not pretending to be a kreepy kid? ...just like you could be pretending to be a wadad....

It's funny how your posts are all very preachy towards deen and the prophet in general. However, you can't practise what you preach....

So two can play at that pop culture psychology game..... and I could say.....

actions speak louder than words... your the preachy type ...you should know this :D

Oh and by the way

I was speaking for myself thank you very much!...however I was also speaking on behalf of other people through observations of course... when most people say we...they generally mean I because they see themselves reflected in other people.

And only in the reflection do they then see what it is they hate soo much about themselves in those people ....Like my grandma use to say the camel does not see his own hump....

Actually this happen when I was watching an arabic soap opera. :rolleyes:

<----- same difference...it still came to you when you were least expecting it. smile.gif

Lool No offence you still come off Kreepy.
;)

<------------None taken I mean to come off as kreepy.....

Very Articulate for a Kreepy Kid.
smile.gif

how do you know I'm a kreepy kid just be calling myself that? ...you call yourself silence...however, you don't seem like the silent type to me...

anyways nabad galyo

Taqwa   

It's funny how your posts are all very preachy towards deen and the prophet in general. However, you can't practise what you preach....

Inabtii ma bari ayan ku furaay what are you talking about? You say it in such a way, as if lacag inan ka hadaay. As for being wadaad, I'm far from it but if that is what comes off, so be it. As for finding you kreepy, thats my personal opinion. As far as practicing goes, don't hold me accountable for what you can't possibly conceive nor see. Behold your just another being so come down from your dominion and indulge as low beings . Hence, the topic is getting out of hand and a bit personal, I shall applogise for my past comments. smile.gif

Kind Regards,

Ariadne   

^^^^^

LOL! lacag maan ka hadaay...lol

I know...a lot of people find me creepy...its just a part of who they think they see....I guess thats just how I come off (while weilding a bloody knife) <------- I can't imagine why :( ...just like how you came off as a wadad to me...

Yeah it was getting kinda personal.... between both of us

Apology accepted

Nabad Galyo

Do ya know that there are alot of different kind of condom and dont take it in the bad way just thought i should share. there is straberry,chocolate,vanila,mint,and so on. so there is alot to help ya

Bess.   

sorry no offense intended....queenie....u a little too knowledgeable about condoms....if u know wat i mean.... ;) ....just kidding....bravo... :D ..it shows how educated u r.....just cause something might be taboo, doesn't mean that we can't educate ourselves on it....one quote i have always hated, " ignorance is bliss".... ....not true....what u don't know can kill u...

ps..keep up the good work....

peace

I'm also a little torn over this subject.

First, you have to acknowledge that a lot of the victims of STDs don't neccessarily indulge in fornication/aldutery. It could be their partners, and them being the unsuspecting victims. Then there are the people who may have had unlawful sex in the past, but who have put it behind them and decided to marry someone.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't write off condoms as inciting unlawful sexual behaviour. These people need protection too. However, condoms won't help at all if not coupled with clear education on Sexual Health and wide-spread testing to prevent spreading the disease. In a Somali society, that will be difficult, but not impossible if done in a sensitive manner.

But then again, it may sound a tad brutal, but STDs may act as a deterrent to fornication. Probably only if coupled (no pun intended) with proper sex education.

Hm, it's a difficult one. What I do know is that education is important, and that we need to expel this fear of sex as something unspeakable. It's human, it's natural and depending on the way it's applied, it will shape the rest of a person's life.

And like people said, don't forget condoms for preventing pregnancies. It beats having to remember taking the Pill everyday.

Originally posted by besbaaso:

sorry no offense intended....queenie....u a little too knowledgeable about condoms....if u know wat i mean....
;)

It's not a matter of being too knowledgeable, but a matter of irrelevant knowledge.

raula   

Q: condoms..what do you think? From my perception and little that I have learned in PubH-never initiate an intervention that is not specific(not addressing all the aspects-cultural/traditional,religion,physical,popular means/median,etc) to your population study/sample. Therefore, contraceptive use in Somalia is highly unlikely to be a successful implementation(intervention)-whether in preventing STD's and other infectious disease. However, some might argue that it might lower the risk of getting infected(to some degree yes, but its not 100% scientifically proven).

NB: Stick to your traditional and religious guidelines-never employ western medicina practices and principles thinking that it will do the job.

underdog   

The main issue here is Consequences of neglect. When you engage in illegal sexual conduct, one of the negative consequences is infection from an STD. You know how it goes "you play with fire...."

Since they're handing out condoms, maybe they should extend their humanitarianism and start handing out bulletproof vests to the moriaan at road blocks...saving lives right?

War maad iska deysaan gaalada iyo waxooda baqtiga ah ey la wareegayaan! War maad guusataan intaad meel cidla ah wareegeysaan. War maad xishootaan intaad wax xille ka hadleysaan. War maad diinta usoo laabataan si aad duliga uga badbaadaan. War maad fahamtaan Qiyaanada Gaalka iyo Gaala-raacda.

War, War, War on you is going on and you don't seem paying attention the wrath coming from your enemy!

qaydar   

ISNT FUNNY HOW THEY CAN PROVIDE US WIV CONDOMS AND OTHER UNNECCESSARY STUFF, AND NOT THE THINGS WE ACTUALLY NEED LIKE FOOD AND MEDICENE?