Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Stimulation or Utter boredom?

Sophist   

Salaams,

What compels you to write? With time being one of the most costly commodities in life, there are number of us that flock into these forums displaying sheer luxury of time—without no hesitance it must be said that most of the attendees are perhaps indeed occupied in some kind of labour be that as the monotonously boring academic life or the slavish work ethic of the Western countries we inhabit. So I ask what inspires you to write? Is it to momentarily forgo any semblance of reality or perhaps to subject your ever valued ideas upon poor souls like I?

Enlighten us.

Cheerio

Thus Spake the Old Nomad

Sophist

Honestly, the only thing that inspires me to even be logged on to the internet is my job. I am required to stare at a pc for hours on end. Therefore, I have to find something entertaining to do. This is not the only forum that I participate in. Whatever my interests are at the time, I try to find the suitable site to indulge in.

By nature, I am an observant person. But sometimes the things people write...makes me charged enough to actually press the reply button and say something for the sake of sanity. Or maybe I just agree with them. But there has to be some sort of motivation to type something!

Well old man, I can't afford to forgo reality even for second, and I don't subject my ideas upon anybody ( Atleast I try not to). What drives me to came here is to see how the nomads in da west evolved, and observe the many characters here, da old nomads, Hip Hop gangsta wannabe, da feminists, da so called intellectuals, da qabiilists, da plain dumb ones, da fadhi ku dirir, da religious fanatics, da funny folks, self rightous people, and da sarcastic ppl. Da fun part is watching da these characters interact, argue and reason. What inspires me to write?.....Well I just write something whenever iam feeling sarcastic, or some thing I don't agree with is being said in politics section, even though lately I don't go there anymore since Slanders n Planders took da fun out da place. Of course, I only try write in my free time.

Well bro, if I may ask, what inspires you to write?

Gediid   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Honestly, the only thing that inspires me to even be logged on to the internet is my job. I am required to stare at a pc for hours on end. Therefore, I have to find something entertaining to do. This is not the only forum that I participate in. Whatever my interests are at the time, I try to find the suitable site to indulge in.

Thank you.....Everything I do revolves around sitting behind a freaking PC Mon-Fri 8-9 hrs a day

I'm sure the many forums I pass time on during that period is my way of keeping my sanity....And the day surely passes by really quick.

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Well old man, I can't afford to forgo reality even for second, and I don't subject my ideas upon anybody ( Atleast I try not to). What drives me to came here is to see how the nomads in da west evolved, and observe the many characters here, da old nomads, Hip Hop gangsta wannabe, da feminists, da so called intellectuals, da qabiilists, da plain dumb ones, da fadhi ku dirir, da religious fanatics, da funny folks, self rightous people, and da sarcastic ppl. Da fun part is watching da these characters interact, argue and reason. What inspires me to write?.....Well I just write something whenever iam feeling sarcastic, or some thing I don't agree with is being said in politics section, even though lately I don't go there anymore since Slanders n Planders took da fun out da place. Of course, I only try write in my free time.

Well bro, if I may ask, what inspires you to write?

So what is your solution brother, since somalis in the west have "evolved" into these characters that you described above. Do you suggest that people in west should still conform to those abroad in the old country? That we should all be the same, have the same views, talk the same, dress the same and there can be no room for individuality. Do you suggest we shouldn't discuss and fight for our rights in order not to be called things like "westerners, feminists", do you hold us in such contempt brother?

Maybe we should be like the folks back home...even if we ain't back home and the chances of going back home is slim to none...hmmmmmm...

J.Lee   

Do you suggest we shouldn't discuss and fight for our rights in order not to be called things like "westerners, feminists", do you hold us in such contempt brother?

I, too would love an answer because faminism is an insult for that movement did nothing for us women of color....

Macalin   

Absolutly Pure,clean, utter and sheer boredom!

Like evryone else said u have to stare at a damn computer for 8hrs while mines is actually 12hr a day

I come here to see that camel on the left side of the screen, mostly. then, i stumble on a great piece of literature eloquently written by no other than the olde nomad; inspired, i move on to grab the bull by horns and sarcastically respond to alot of cheesy topics. What a Waste!

Foruming is an activity I pursue outside of my regular occupation primarily for pleasure. In other words, it is a hobby for me.

How else am I going to read the daily thoughts of people like Sophist?

Sophist   

With elation I respond to you all. I think many of us thread upon these forums primarilly for mental stimulation-- I for one being tired of western way of thinking seek solace from my fellow nomads!!! just to be conforted the same argumanets difference being the style or shall I say they are dressed in a fashion that beguiles me habitually thus rending my coming backs!!!. But nothing can be compared the thoughs that vapour-out of the inner beings of my fellow friends-- too many of them are around to be mentioned.

Keep them coming, we are in a dire need for intellectual and Spritual stimulation.

Anyhow, glad you have responded.

Libax, the feeling is mutual my rock intellect!

Cheerio old Chaps and genious chicks.

Thus Spake the Old Nomad.

Sophist

well, as many of u said i am also same boat with you guys i mean, i spend 8hrs ore more every day sating pc.but there one thing that i think force me to writte(i think there is quite diffirence between loging in and writting right!!)is when i feel that i have valuable idea,or to agree with those of you whpo posts good ideas.

Opinionated....Wow...Walaal....my response was meant to be humorious or rather sarcastic n steroetypical take on somalis in da west, not serious criticism or belief from my part..I guess yu didn't find it funny. I didn't think adding da word " feminist" would tick off anyone...Anyway Iam all for fighting people's rights...Everybody is entitled to their rights, and should also voice their grievances....I think all sectors of somali society should be heard, and respected, the rights of somali women should be at top of da list.

Iam also not naive as to say that somalis should conform to one thing or another. People change or adapt...It is part of human survival. Lets just hope dat we all change for da better.

Che,

My post wasnt meant to be confrontational but to point out that you put all the somali westerners in one categories that are very stereotypical. As if to say that we are not good enough for the "true" somalis. All I am saying is I beg to differ.

:cool:

Is it to momentarily forgo any semblance of reality or perhaps to subject your ever valued ideas upon poor souls like I?

LoL...both I believe. I mainly use this forum because I enjoy interacting with the nomads... ;)