Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hirsi

Social Debate: Why don't we go back to Somalia?

RaMpAgE   

Mr_hirsi...the site if wonderful, but the only thing matter with it is the history section, the history on their is fabrication and not the true history of somalis.

anwayz neat work

peace

okay okay i'm glad we're in this topic

now ugun i would agree with you the most because you've chosen not to list any selfish reasons of not going back to somalia..

to all the posters before me .

your truths and half-truths and reasons of not going back to somalia are fabricated by the common selfish reasons why u don't wanna ride the bus when u gotta car at home. you could save gas and air pollution but hey u like your conveniance right. let's talk truths and no fabrication of any kind.

either your afraid as a man or a women to face adversity which lies in the heart of somalia.

simply afraid.

or your hearts not in it. you feel that somalia is no longer part of you and that you shouldn't go back . which is okay everyone is entitled to there selfish reasons of not facing up to life.

but in the path of making a point i have to make a quick stop. why dont' i go back to somalia heck, i haven't seen somalia ever since 1991, so which cases me in that package of being afraid to go back to the country which housed me when i was a baby. the country my parents and there grandparents lived in and thrived in.

i'll tell you why i'm afraid to go back to somalia.. because it scared our elders the people we look up to, to gain courage from to the point where there passive and sit in front of starbucks with there cheap coffee ... but the country must fall on our shoulders the young generation. give us time to grow with patience everything in life a man wants is accomplished. what your gonna send some kids that really believe in there country to somalia?...to get shot up the next day.

let's wait out till the warlords die not physically but mentally let them get tired of it.

so when they try to pass it on to there kids it'll be easier to encourage and give them the needs they really need.

PROPAGANDA..

I'M NOT AFRAID I'M NOT READY.

Give me an army and machine guns i'd love to spill blood thats the only way total peace is possible today.

p.s ...i'm being sarcastic when i say certain things. and mr hersi you gotta a bright head on your shoulders. don't let anybody discourage you from your dream...

thoughts and life and times of mr.ten_j there you have it thanks ...ppl

Blessed   

^^lol. Nicely put.

You know, what I know a few families that have relocated to somalia and they are living the life.. I am so jealouse walahi!

My baby cousin was born and bred in Abu Dhabi and those arabs wouldn't let him to go to univeristy there, os his dad packed him off to somalia and enrolled him in the developing universities there, when our relatives asked why he wasn't sent to the west his aabo said, my son is Somali and will stay there instead of beinf treated as a second class citizen by dimwits who don't know better. I found that inspiring.

Also, do ya'll know that chinese, ethiopian and egyptians are in Somalia making the most of all the opportunities avilable to them. Whilst, we the natives run around in qurbo land and deal with instituional racism, glass cielings and shidh!

I was reading something about the increasing number of Somalis returning home in the Toronto Post / Times just this afternoon. The report described the bussinesses being set up by the returnee Somalis, the lack of basic amenities that we are used to here and how that is overshdowed by the overwhelming feeling of being in your own country. There are so much opportunities .....

And those ppl who are using politics as an excuse, that is utter BS - the majority of the people in Somalia live a relatively peacful life.

I am not going back because, it right now it is not possible for me to do so. Laakin, my ultimate goal is to live in my self designed mansion :D @ the coast of Somalia ( the very spot my aabo grew up in) and to do my part in rebuilding the country i'a.

salam alaykom going back to somalia what right now? no thanks i love my palace too much and cant leave my 60 million crew of english, somali, jamaicans, and pakis yet ;)

Not to mention my addiction to a full english breakfast ;) consisting of six slices of hovis bread slightly toasted until golden crispy, two boiled eggs with a pinch of saxa salat, abit of halal salami and a bowl of tentalising coco pops cereal. And a nice cuppa to wash it down with na'mean govna.

MJ over and out !

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Laakin, my ultimate goal is to live in my self designed mansion
:D
@ the coast of Somalia ( the very spot my aabo grew up in) and to do my part in rebuilding the country i'a.

Let us know when u decide to go back.Some of us might want to Share the mansion with ya. smile.gif

Back to the topic,Several families i know are returning to cities like Bosaaso,Hargeysa and Marka cadey and i think business is good in those areas too but am interested with farming.Yep,u got that one right,if am gonna invest and take part in the rebuilding of the nation,farming and the military will do just fine for me.

going bk! hahahahaha i dont think so i just cant imagine leaving in somalia and all i see is somalis day and night i shall die looooool oky ppl i just think i wont last 2days in somalia. Thats my view, as for rebuilding somalia come on somali culture foundation is based on older ppl rule, do u think they will let some young people come from urub and rule them hahahahah jokes walahi, am sorry i think somalia once it was wow nice building highly educated man and woman when my mom talks about somalia am like so u used to go clubbing? i mean they where cosmopolitan now they have reverted back 50yrs they dont believe in educated the woman am shocked woman in somalia used to be in high office's now they are lucky if they get a post. OKY so u the educated normads want to go back how many of u are there? i assure u most malis i see dont even finish college down here and when they do they study IT, MIDWIFand even that they dont finish so wht kind of skills are u ppl trying to take to somalia i wonder? lalal shot me now if u want frankly think somali ppl have pride for there nation but its not a unvarnished pride they dont love there nation as the chinese, japs, or the asian pacific do they always say i am somali & proud wht are u proud of tribalisim, division, discrimination, culture that limits ppl to achive goals, or culture that is based on fathers leaving there kids with mothers and not providing good role model for the kids? am sorry go bk no way as for clinging to a country thats not mine well am capitalist money is my country and i have allegiance to country that will earn me the most of it and frankly somalia is not such a state. For the ones who want to go good luck i say my u change those uncivalised savages!!!

Shimbir   

I have never waited for some one to do something for me, I have no patience for that. We soma-li's must all realize that there is no one else who is going to build our country except our selves, no one else who is going to help our brothers and sisters back home devistated by floods, poverty, and disease. Just thinking about that makes me want to go back tomorrow. I have no idea what I will do when I get there but one things for sure. You have all been given a chance to go to a country where a government democracy and good health conditions are abundent. Education is the cure to all problems.

You have been given this education to do what you wish. I for one will help my Somali borthers and sisters. If you had been left to die in Somalia and saw no end to war and poverty, and one day i came along with my wild ambitions, would that not alone give you hope.

mantra   

I've never been to Somalia, and to be honest I never ever thought there would come a day when I would actually want to go there, it all started when I discovered Somalis had a website (only to discover a million more), after I got over my initial shock (SOMALIS...ON THE WEB :eek: ) I learned alot about Somali history (I had NO idea there was a Somaliland too!) and before I knew it, I got addicted to Somali news, family started getting worried at this point, and now im a proud ICU supporter who is dying to go to back to a country that is in dire need of the help of it's people.

So inshallah after shariah is established throughout the country :D hell with all you govt supporters, im going to go there and we are going to show the world!

Enough sounding like an over enthusiastic 16 year old... Somalia is our home plain and simple, we all wish for a great Somalia yet none of us want to make sacrifices. It isnt as if we're out there on the battle fields and it sure as hell isnt as if working in Somalia wont enable us to live comfortably, why then are non of us interested in leaving these god forsaken countries and going back home?

Anything thats worth having, is worth fighting for..im not good with pep talks, but you get the picture..

Shakti   

Seriously, very moving post Mantra .. and i would like 2 take a stab in answering one question of urs..

why then are non of us interested in leaving these god forsaken countries and going back home?

i dont wanna leave this god forsaken country becoz i like the idea of not carrying my toilet paper and cash everywhere I go.. Damn shillings can make a hole in ur pocket.. if u know what i mean ;)

mantra   

Originally posted by Devilangle:

Seriously, very moving post Mantra .. and i would like 2 take a stab in answering one question of urs..

quote:

why then are non of us interested in leaving these god forsaken countries and going back home?

i dont wanna leave this god forsaken country becoz i like the idea of not carrying my toilet paper and cash everywhere I go.. Damn shillings can make a hole in ur pocket.. if u know what i mean
;)well then your going to have to make do without toilet paper, as for the cash...I can hold it for you, really I insist..

Miskin   

OK Guys,

Given the current political turmoil, west/east divide and islamaphobia, i think there will come a time where we will be forced to go back however much we hate it. So brother don't you warry soon we will go back.

To those westernised minds i urge you to think beyond the bling and the western illusions and get real.