Sign in to follow this  
Fouzia_Bella

do you agree with the term ADOONS>????

you know what i can't stand? when somali individuals think that are better than the rest of the other black African, and when they start to refer to jamaicans, south africna, kenyaians, ect....as ADOONS!!!

weren't we both created equaliy? do we not bleed the same way when we are cut, do we not cry tears when feeling blue, do we not get scared..????????aren't we all regardless of race, gender, religion, culture, ect.. the adoons of allah(SWT)? so why must you believe you are superior?

i beleive in pan-Afrocanism, all africans should unite wether they are from japan, india, cuba, east africa, ect...we all are africans,we all are minorities, and we will be judeged or treated the same way in terms of white supermecy.

agree or disagree?

Lady   

Originally posted by Fouzia_Bella:

weren't we both created equaliy? do we not bleed the same way when we are cut, do we not cry tears when feeling blue, do we not get scared..????????aren't we all regardless of race, gender, religion, culture, ect.. the adoons of allah(SWT)? so why must you believe you are superior?

agree or disagree?

Bella

Absolutely sis,your statement r right on! Lets just say that it is Un-islamic to feel more superior than any other human-being...So I am as much confused as you..when somalis call others (adoons) ain,t we all adoons? adoons of allah? then again I would,t be surprized if Somalis call others names..why? cuz I have just seen what they call each other redface.gif

may allah guide them.

xiis   

Waa runtaa waa ceeb iyo dembi ina insaan Eebbe abuurtay oo soo taagan lagu yidhaa "adoon,dhagax,bide" iwm. Laakiinse waxaanu waa anshi xumo bani adamku gabi iska wada leeyahay ee Soomaali khaas uma aha. Dadkan aad kor ku xustay yaagu ba soomaalida waa inkiraan oo qaarkood waa na necebyihiin. Markaa isku soo wada qaad oo bani adamka waa la isku saliday dhex inagan wada soomaalida ah miyaanad arkayn sideenu isu cuno especially dadka la yidhaa gabooyaha sida loo yaso. Markaa waxa ka horeeya bal eenu inagu is amaan siino markaa dadka kale na ku darno. Waa bilaahi tawfiq

Coloow   

salaama,

I think discrimination based on colour and creed is a sin. Every man and woman have been created equal by ALLAH.

In particular, I am disturbed when somalis adress other somalis in discriminitory fashion.

But I must make two confessions:

- I don't believe in pan-africanism (It is also discriminatory). I beleive in somalism...and any somali despite his/her physical structure is my brother/sis!

- I use the adoon analogy to describe the kenyan regime for instance for its treatement of somalis- I call them madaxkoraankor, madax cambuulo etc.

So, I must admit I utter the adoon word in political sense!

lambda   

abaay macaan i agree with u we have people who call somalis from the south adoon .

I had a big fight with my ex who said my best friend is a adoon .

In Somalia they use to call me nazi couse my mother is German and sometimes children use to throw stones at me and use to say gaalow gaal.

I wish people who think that way are in a minority.

Qeyr baan isku ognahay love u all .

Good statement Ms.Bella~

Adoon=Slave :confused:

What is the difference, its the cycle your trying to battle sis.

Do you ever say 'I can't stand when kids pick on other kids.

This is a simular topic.

But, personally I can't what I can't stand is bright Somali minds going to wast.

Judging and fighting amongs each other over the same reason that got US running from our homeland.

Calling names is basical, they are sayings of expressing ones inner feeling. Anger language is all over Planet Earth. Don't take it to heart.

~1~

PME

Deadly

hold up!

originally posted by ENTREPRENEUR:

I don't believe in pan-africanism (It is also discriminatory). I beleive in somalism...and any somali despite his/her physical structure is my brother/sis!

see, this is what iam EXACTLY talking about...you don't believe in "Pan-Africanism" but yet you beleive in "somalism", abowe, let me ask you a question, where is somalia exactly located? in africa right? i mean correct me if iam wrong but the last time i checked somalis were africans. so why are you trying to sperated us from the rest? no matter how hard you try to eliminate yourself from the rest of the other black africans you are still considered an african, the next white person that walks up to you won't say "you're a somali not an african, or your're somali not black"..commmon!

and one more think...any African wether they are from nigeria, ethiopia, guana, zembabwe, ect...you should consider your brother or sister "dispite his/her physical structure", and you said perviously is is a sin to discriminate based on color and creed, well sweet heart is a sin to also discriminate based on background, culture, age, sex, ect.....and like you said it "Every man and woman have been created equal by ALLAH."

And.....for as DEADLYVISION

orginally quoted:

"Do you ever say 'I can't stand when kids pick on other kids."

"This is a simular topic."

iam sorry but i would have to disagree with your statement...you can't compare kids to what grown adults do nowadays. adults know very well what they are dealing with, they know exactly wat they are saying and they know the difference from right and wrong...whereas for childeren that's when their minds are just developing, they don't have enough sources to to know what is right and wrong and yes kids always pick on other kids but they are kids...they are innocent, they have no hatred in their hearts.

and you also added:

Calling names is basical, they are sayings of expressing ones inner feeling. Anger language is all over Planet Earth. Don't take it to heart.

well well well, yea anger exists and so does hatered but the questions is "why do somalis think they are more superior than the other africans?" if you feel you as an african is better than the rest of the other african is pure ignorance ma friend.

Coloow   

Salaama, somalism to me is those who speak the somali language and identify with the somali ethnic community. surely, I am an african and somalia is part of africa. But africa is made up of somalis, nigerians, kenyans etc.

Somalis are persecuted by many so called africans simply because they are somalis!

Sincerely, there was a time in my life when I had an afro-centric perspective but that has been thwarted due to various reasons. The adoon word is wrong when you use it as a racist remark but in my world, we use it to differentiate somalis from the other black masses.

I am just being a realist here sis! By the way we have more in common with perhaps other societies than africans.

king_450   

Nomadete Fouzia , what is the point you are making? are you asking if it is ok to go out and date every man you encounter no matter what gender it is? is it what you driving for, then sister you need no one's permission , but the word you asking is being used indiscrimanently to almost every Race , black race , chinese race, white race, it is really how one defines now days, we in the eyes of God we are all Adoon, every one of us, so i rest my case out there.

orginaly posted by KING_450:

"are you asking if it is ok to go out and date every man you encounter no matter what gender it is?"

ok...WHAT??????????

sweetheart, first of all iam not talking about dating, and secondly Men=Male, what do u mean by "dating a man no matter what gender it is"?????

....and YES i do agree witht the fact that we are all equal in the eyes of allah...iam not even trying to argue that!!but why do we try to remove ourselves from the other african? when refered to as "BLACK" why do we simply kump in and say "no iam no black, iam somali"??? aren't somalis black??????

let me answer you on y do somali's refer to to other blacks as 'ADOONS'

simply because, somalians were never inslaved by other humans, but many africans were inslaved and deported!

is it right for us to call the ADOONS?

well no,

but i have done this many times in life, simply because, other africans dont regard me as an african,

in an arguement, a nigerian girl called somalians--aliens, she said we are neither black nor white, we are lost aliens

my ansa:,,,,

every1 wants to b somalian, the whites are getting skin-cancer to get our tan, and trying there best to give their hair our volume,and the blacks b using bleach on their faces to lighten their complexion and chemicals that burn their sculp to soften their hair.

that shut her up 4good!

to defend my self, i would call them Adoons, if it would make them see that they cant diss my people!

i aint disagreeing with the religious side, and i know that its wrong to put yourself above other,and true Allah made us all equal,

but in an arguement, i give as good as i get!, im not gonna sit down and let them think they above me!

s-sista! u amaze me gal!

do u what the word adoon means? do u know what our

honorable prophet said about it!! do u think that he use to call bilal caabiid when he gets pissed at him? so if u consider yourself a true believer why would u use this horrible word to discriminate your brothas/sistas.

another thing, this idea "every1 wants to b somalian" is totally WACK!! what r u basing this theory under!!

there is mali proverb which says "dacwo dee teedee

ka taktay ee tii nabiga gaadi waaydh" u ce what i am saying sista!

we africans 1st, muslim 2nd etc., so if u call another afri a adoon, then what does that make u!!