Baashi

Greater Somalia?

lol   

*********EDITED***************

PLEASE STOP THE NAME CALLING

Admin

Somalia Online

---------------------------------------------

I don't know if you guys listen to the BBC or not but the police of the world (USA) order formation of a government in the South by June 15th and Somaliland will unite with the South once they have stability and safety. They said even they would send troops to unarm the civilians. SO after all GREATER SOMALIA will make it...

**********EDITED********. No offense but isn't their newly elected president one of the known people who did the damage to Somaliland when Barre regime was in control? Mise did I miss something. Anyways their self proclaimed democracy is just frivolous in nature. So no worries they r not going anywhere..

[ May 19, 2003, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Mowgli   

Salaam

Somaliland have created some sort of democracy, but it all is down to what does a person defines democracy as. Prior to the election there was conflict whether there would elections held in Sanag or Sool. There were disagreements between the Puntland government which said that a lot of the people that lived in those areas were Harti and therefore part of Puntland but the Somaliland government replied with that those areas were part of the British Somaliland Protectorate thus part of Somaliland (I don’t know if elections where held in the areas). And now that the election results have come through and Riyale has been named the president, his opponent (Silanyo) still has yet to accept the fact that Riyale has won, even after a recount of the votes. The problem with Somaliland is that it is very hard to understand if it is a qabiil based state. Sometimes I find myself asking that if an ***** candidate had won, with there be the resistance there is to the Gudabirsi (excuse the spelling) President now? As Ex Dane said yes Somaliland "was betrayed"...but so was the rest of Somalia.

Baashi it may have been the leadership that failed, but it was the people of Somalia that stood by and let it fail, otherwise there would not be such anarchy in our homeland that there is today.

Personally, I think that the scars run deep, a Greater Somalia can be achieved only when Souther Somalia finds peace and when we forget the qabiil mentality that many have. Until then let Puntland and Somaliland be as there are.

However as Matkey said an Islamic run country with the Isalmic shariiya as law...I find it hard to believe we would fail. Allah (swt) knows best and what better way then living life as He stated??

Wasalaam

*********EDITED***************

PLEASE STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS

Admin

Somalia Online

---------------------------------------------

you mentioned that the president rayale being the one of the culprit of the genocide that took place in the somaliland during the siyad barre era, well my dear lady, I have news for you, and that is there is concept known as a innocence till proven otherwise, and I am sure that you must have come accross such a concept in somewhere in the world, that is if you are in a positions to comprehend anything of that fine calibre of legal decency in your light-hearted mental grasp, which I seriously doubt in any case.

Secondly, lo and behold, you seems to pronounce a judgments that depict the strugle of people as a frivolous, and their desire to established a democratic nation out of the ruins of greater somalia dream, as a something that doesnot seems to be as a serious undertaking, in your judgements, well my dear lady, a word of advise to you, please do not expose yourself, and more to the point your shallow mean-spirited mandacity for all to laugh at it, in the future, and this is a genuine advice to you dear.

Lastly, but not least, if you are ever so mindful to care of the shocking reality of sothern somalia descent to barbarity, and you're feeling little bit ashame to say the least, and more to the point, you seem to genuinely have an idea of sorting out the that much-troubled land of yours, please share with us you prognosis as to how to alleviate such a disaster, but mind you dear refrain from indulging on our expense a sheer shallowness that so far defines your descriptions of what "Somaliland" is about.

Far greater calculating mind than yours that others of similar disposition of yours possesed had attempted to insunuate, insults, sabotage, bad-mouth, and generally tried to be spanner in the on-going-work, so far as the somaliland destiny is concern; but sadly to no tangible avail, which could console them -however fleatingly- in the dark corner of their concious, which they used as the gathering place for the ill-deeds they habor, in-order to sulked collectively, whenever their monumental failure became too apparent to hide from others; therefore dear lady do not be ashame of your ill-intent, you just happened to joined now an illustrious crowd that had preceded you in this seedy endevour of belittling and genuinely hating anything that give a deserved "lap-Of-Honour" to somaliland and it's much-burdened-by-fate-of-cruel-history people, which are strugling against a sheer un-mitigated odd with un-surpassed dignity; and may I add without being patronised by anybody, unlike our former compatriots(southern somalia), whom un-explainably thought perhaps to salvage their dignity, they should demean themselves at the feet of others in our region, in-order to be dictated of what their destiny of their nation should be; it's trully a sad picture to behold for anyone who has any dignity in his bones and fibre, when one consider the contempt that southern somalia is being treated at the hand of the so-called regional peace summit holders such as kenyans and ethiopian; we in somaliland on the other hand would gladly given up the life of thousands sons of ours not to be visited with a such a honour-demeaning fate that the sothern somali people are going through at the moment, thank you very much, but no thanks.

So take it from me dear lady as somali brother, somaliland is and will be for the forseable future the brighter shining star in the whole of that much-blighted horn of africa region of ours; and most definitely will not be turning back the clock towards something call "Greater Somalia Dreamland"; now if that is too much for you to swallow as a certifiable fact, I can certainly understand that, and I would be more than happy to drip-feed you bit-by-bit with that reality along with the morning coffee(latte or expresso!); but please dear, and oh please dear, do not expose yourself particularly your little and tenous grasp of somaliland reality, it really is unbecoming of a lady, and it's undignified for others to bare witness to!.

As for the other usual crowd who congregate in here in-order to vent their spleen against the somaliland's people, as well as trying to give an intelectual veneer and credence with their never-ending obsession with the grater somalia Dreamland such as sumurai warior, baashi, hornafrik, and others too numurous to list them all in here; my soul-bearing suggestion to you malcontented lot, is to find different hobby-horse to ride; for the assure reality is that somaliland had "Moved-On", and will not be in thousand years looking backward towards those yesteryears dreamy concept that "We-proadly-Once-Held-Them-Vigorously-But-Sadly-Found-It-To-Be-An Empty Vassel" or anything that smack of as a greater somalia "Hallucinations"; and the sooner the "Somaliland-Haters" crowd in here who never get tired to preach their self-evident mendacity to unsuspecting on-line naive scripplers realised that "Destiny-Tranforming Decisions" that the people of somaliland chosed for better or for worse to undertake for all of their tomorrows is here to stay for good, the better maybe you lot will be in a position to come-up with verifiable plan to rescue what is left of your honour and dignity as a southern somalia people, as apposed to being helpless and wretched lot that are so happy for others such as kenyans and ethiopians to tell them, what their destiny as a nation ought to be about.

Here is one somalilander who is hoping that you -The Obsessive Crowd- will soon smell the coffee, and will endevour to get hold of your destiny by the scruff-of-the-neck, and will make something of it, that your grand children might be proud of it.

But as for somaliland a long and tortuous deep-ocean of "Destiny of our Making" is head of us to negotiate safely through, while we -As Somaliland- are on board collectively a "Ship-of-State" made of our own carpentry of political geniusness; therefore bid us god-spead -if ever that you had cared deeply about the notion of "Somalinimo"- and commended us to the angels of fair weather for the journey of our tomorrows.

Regards,

A Member Of The Ship Navigating Team.

[ May 19, 2003, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

zynab   

if you want somalia to unite why have hargeisa as the capital. ex-dane dose it have proper roads , electricity,in place. and what goverment are you talking about . please inform me.

Baashi   

S_Warrior,

I've read that article with interest and I have many reservations of what he wrote there.

Idil,

Military regime were very sensitive about any dissent and the fate of those who dissented were not pleasant; So I wouldn't blame the masses as they were subject under tyrannical regime with little tolerance.

Gaashaamo,

As for the other usual crowd who congregate in here in-order to vent their spleen against the somaliland's people, as well as trying to give an intelectual veneer and credence with their never-ending obsession with the grater somalia Dreamland such as sumurai warior, baashi, hornafrik, and others too numurous to list them all in here; my soul-bearing suggestion to you malcontented lot, is to find different hobby-horse to ride; for the assure reality is that somaliland had "Moved-On", and will not be in thousand years looking backward towards those yesteryears dreamy concept that "We-proadly-Once-Held-Them-Vigorously-But-Sadly-Found-It-To-Be-An Empty Vassel" or anything that smack of as a greater somalia "Hallucinations"; and the sooner the "Somaliland-Haters" crowd in here who never get tired to preach their self-evident mendacity to unsuspecting on-line naive scripplers realised that "Destiny-Tranforming Decisions" that the people of somaliland chosed for better or for worse to undertake for all of their tomorrows is here to stay for good, the better maybe you lot will be in a position to come-up with verifiable plan to rescue what is left of your honour and dignity as a southern somalia people, as apposed to being helpless and wretched lot that are so happy for others such as kenyans and ethiopians to tell them, what their destiny as a nation ought to be about.

Greater Somalia is a dream, a vision if u will, conceived by well-intended Somalis who had witnessed one of the greatest betrayal of the century. These helpless nomads accepted the fact that they were colonized, divided and in the end forced to settle with less than what they bargained for. But they vowed that they would be satisfied only when their fellow Somalis outside the republic had the opportunity to decide for themselves what their status would be. That is, it seems to me, a noble cause and sound policy. What went wrong as well as the question of secession vs. unity…these questions remain fair terrain of exploration for the nomads who congregate in here but also, quite often predictably subjective.

If you have something to say about that noble policy, you certainly could…as some passions are hard to control your fulminations against nomads who you named were uncalled for. Why do u distort, extrapolate, slander, and indeed cry ‘foul’ against what we had to say about Somalia’s problems? Is your ‘Somaliland’ off-limits to our inquiries and dialogues? What if we are from there and share this dream with our comrades of the South? Treason! Is that the charge? You sound as somebody who got infuriated by “malcontented lot...Somaliland-Haters”, as you characterized us. In this passionate tone of yours, you obviously don’t see the point of discussing Greater Somalia…and understandably so! Not only that you are even angered that other “helpless and wretched Somalis” have the nerve to write this great forum about unified Somalia before we solve all the problems of the civil war and anarchy. Of all the hyperboles that I have encountered in the nomadic discussions or in the world of criticism in general, none has been so gratuitous, so arrogant and self-preening as your proposition, quoted above, which amounts to humbug fulmination.

lol   

Guys I apologize for my comment on Somaliland.. it was never my intention to spill out what those words..

Gaashaamo: I can go on debating with you on this bro but I am just gonna leave it there!

Dhimbil   

Greater somalia is a live after all? i been hearing a lot of encouraging news about somalia lately walahi, this is good.

My dream is to go for a road trip once in my life from kismaayo to hargaysa, swing by dhagaxbuur and camp out in between. What? you can't blame me for dreaming.lol

LANDER   

Gaashaamo,

Brilliantly written peace sxb. However, I doubt many of the intended subjects of your reply would comprehend your clever messages. I wonder why hibo was so quick to apologize after spitting all that venom? Ahh…who knows

anyway

Happy 18 th to all

LANDER   

Baashi,

Sxb don’t you think this is getting a little old? You always bring up these topics, pretending you wanna play intellectual hardball and yet when the heat comes from people like gaashaamo, you duck and get very defensive.

Rokko   

Lander I thought it was Gaashaamo who got defensive first by naming these nomads namean?

C'moon bro, be fair.

Baashi actually destroyed Gaashaamo's arguement without attacking him. That is brilliant.

Lixle   

Baashi;

Greater Somalia is a dream, a vision if u will, conceived by well-intended Somalis...

Indeed, Mr. Baashi... but funny ( or sad however you like it) isn't it, the same people who backstabbed it yesterday, are todays self appointed spokesmen for it. It has become a crywolf for certian people who are genuinely sincere about its well intended vision NOT, but instead are using it as a vehicle to further their dastardingly malicious plans.

Anyways, how ever you like it.. We've been there, done that!!! guess what?? it stinks!

And none is gonna fall into that same silly trap, particularly Somalilanders, let alone Djiboutians (mind you, Somaliweyn includes Djibouti as well). Somalilanders have learned their lessons "the hard way". I don't think they are gonna make the same mistake as they had done in the 1960s...

"Qosol beena,

Ilko wada qayaxan,

Qiil aan garanaayo,

Booraan afkii laga qafilay

Qabri'na hooseeyo,

Maanaa mindiyo lay qarshaa,

Laygu qali doono,

Abtiyaalse kala quusanee

Qoomamoda la'aada"

:D:D

Mr. Baashi if you consider yourself as part of the neo-Somaliweyn vanguards, as they have become known for, as of after Afweyne's ouster. My advice to your kind would be, to keep matters to your own very self. If you want to bring Somali-Galbeed into your fold, be it; just know that we will be watching from the sidelines. Of course as things unfold dramatically. BTW: We have no problems with our neighbours, and there is no way we would support one over the other.