Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

How long will we stay refugees?!

Miriam1   

Salam

Question#1 How long will we stay refugee's?

To begin with we are one of the earliest forms of refugees or immgrants in the north america or europe, it takes generations for any one group of people to form any sort of economical standing in these countries.Many of us came to these countries with noting, unable to speak the language,no money and probably unable to use our required skills. There is no choice but to take the assistance provided by the government as refugees to survive.I am not saying that there certain people who abuse the assistance provided..but dont incriminate the majority.No one stays a refugee or on welfare by choice its out of need.

Question #2

What about the next generation?

Have u seen how many somali boys and girls are going to university or college now!

PeAcE

Jawahir.. i wasn't speaking about welfare or anything like that i mean without a land, having money or skills or british/eu passport doesn't mean you not refugee , you are refugee!!

second question .. yes i saw all the young nomads going to uni.'s and all but what the point when they take their degree or qualification they will stay and work in that country , what did they benfit their country with their knowledge ..

my question how long will we stay refugee?!

Well until we decide to try and change the situation back home somehow.........i mean it is our country correct. And whether you hail from North or South or whever else we should strive to try and make aware any types of solutions to problems back home here.

So perhaps we need to become more political active, keep tabs on new developments back home, have some kind of registered charitey where as individuals we can contribute towards the establishment of Hospitals, Medicine bills, Books School buldings etc etc.

These are things that perhaps we should strive to start here. Am sure a vast amjority of those of us that live in the UK Watched 2 nights ago the Rednose appeal programme in somaliland. That is the relaity of the situation, and if we are to remain refugees for a while yet, whilst warlordism maintains its power grip as a system of Governance (if it can be called that) then we can only do what we can from here.

#1 I like being a Qaxooti..getting ma Sharci has been my greatest achievement so far.

#2 Lets hope they r as lucky and some richer country takes them in.

Paragon   

Temporary seeking of refuge is not a bad idea my friend. Soomaalidii horaa waxay ku maah maaheen: Bakeyle intuu bur kujiruu bur daydaydaa. I don't think it is over for our generation, this is only a rough moment. A moment to experiance the being of a linking chain in our history, from past, present and future generations. Usually opression and suffering give birth to revolution and hope, just as after pain relief comes. Not a big thing, a test i'd rather say.

Paragon   

Oh i almost forgot to add this: Please make use of the difficulty we are in Learn and earn knowledge and wealth.

Thanks for the input Jamal and yeah man i lost your number so PM's your number again this is Mohamed by the way

and congratulations for your Sharci Miss Athena..

AUN   

Are we refugees????

Sorry I forgot that we are refugees after all lol

Personally I think that most of us (if not all of us) are not going anywher we end up staying here so the best thing is to work as hard as possible to live comfortably here and also if we can afford to invest back home. The reason I am saying this is that when I talk to some of the Somali seamen who have came to this country in the 1940s they tell me that since they came here they were thinking of going back home and they invested all their saving back home such as buying more camel or building more BARAAKo (Water pools for camels) and after all they have lost their investment due to the civil strife and now they live on a destitute life of CAYR because after working on a hard labout for more than 50 years they still live on a council state or hostels with a small amount of CAYR

From this experience I think that sometimes we the new generation in the west are heading towards similar destiny as our predecessors. I would therefore advise to every single of us to think of reality and work hard for investing both here in the west as well as back home

SoMa_InC   

true @jamaal u gotta it g...itz tyme 4 every mali 2 make use of da opportunity....

by da way maliz r kinda improved now....they driving buses, going 2 uni n returning back da cayr dey heard be4....lol

da new generation in uk r still up in there n hopefully we''l have something 2 return back home....

Miskin   

well guys, this is a serious question that needs a serious consideration. but i think the answer is simple and straight forword, we will remain refugees as long as we choose to remain refugees. in other words the sooner we decide to take matters in our own hands ans start rebuilding our country the sooner we stop being refugees. the sooner we stop waiting for the outside world to come rescue us the sooner we get out of this refugee cage that we are in.

{4:97. When angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: "In what (plight) Were ye?" They reply: "Weak and oppressed Were we in the earth." They say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to move yourselves away (From evil)?" Such men will find their abode in Hell,- What an evil refuge! -

4:98. Except those who are (really) weak and oppressed - men, women, and children - who have no means in their power, nor (a guide-post) to their way.

4:99. For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again.

4:100. He who forsakes his home in the cause of Allah, finds in the earth Many a refuge, wide and spacious: Should he die as a refugee from home for Allah and His Messenger, His reward becomes due and sure with Allah. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. }

For many of people in the West, being a ‘refugee’ is only a temporary thing. There are many people that have moved to Muslim countries, and some that have even returned to Somalia.

As soon as someone living in the US gets his or her passport or green card for that matter. Even with an I-94 you can get a traveler’s document, after that, you’re free to go around many parts of the world. Including returning to Somali if you like. But having travel documents is'nt the only thing needed for travel, money is always an issue, and finding a place to live, not everyone is able to do this.

But it seems for many people, being a refugee has become a state of mind and way of life. Even after they are able to move around the world, they choice to life a harsh life under the care of the disbeliveers. They want to settle in the West, at the same time longing to return to Somali for the wrong reasons, and they take no action in trying to return. In the end they are at loss.

Yet still others are powerless to change their situation, may Allah help them.

What we should be doing is making personal investments such as getting an education and practicing our religion. That way, we will be able to leave the west and move somewhere we can actually settle down. We can't just wait for a government to pop up in Somail, but there are many other Muslim countries that we can settle in that have the things Somali is lacking (namely the rule of law).

The main thing is, it's xaraam to settle among the disbelievers. But Somali isn't the only place to settle; there are many other Muslim countries that one can settle in, provided he or she has the means. Being in the West gives us an opportunity to gain those means (by investing in education and useful skills) and after that Inshallah, get going.

Miskin   

well brovs and sis's as i have siad in my previous posting, this is a serious question that needs a serious consideration (HOW LONG CAN STAY AS REFUGEES). (NOLASHA QAXOOTINIMADU WAA MID KA CAAGAN SHARAFTA UU LEEYAHAY QOFKA IBNU ADANK AHI)because as a matter of fact if you are a refugee you are always classed as a low life, un-educated, not being able to support him/her self, regardless of your educational qualifications or personal wealth.

so i have a question for you my fellow somalis HOW CAME WE CHOICE THIS LIFE OUT OF THE ONE WE CAN HAVE BACK HOME? and please say it is not safe back home OR we dont have financial means OR i am scared i will be targeted. because all these things are baseless.

salaam

Miskin-Macruf