Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Being and Nothingness- A true Tale of Travesty

Paragon   

Sophist, thanks for the good read sxb. You know, I have been pondering about nothingness for almost 15 years now, and I don't think I will stop pondering. As a young boy, I went to an old sufi who was a family friend to congratulate him a ciid mubaarak. After saying so and turning away, he replied 'same to you' adding, haven't you been given any Xaq ul' Ciid? I said 'yes I have been given Xaqul Ciid but I had to give it away to a runaway friend meaning I have "nothing" left now'. The oldman grinned and said, 'my son, NOTHING is the most powerful something'. Since then I have been confounded by the oldman's remarks. Till today I ponder.

Sophist   

uuh such a delightful observation my fellow!

Walaahi past couple weeks I had sense of self-oblivion waan istabaa! Eventhough I can physically touch my presence there seems to be a sense of oblivion. I can not explain it; some here may think i am either being barking mad or worse I am trying to be deep--either case I give no bugger about it.

Jamal, how are you? done anything enticing lately?

Thus Spake (shall I say I; then what would that mean! I signifies who?--oh well who bugger cares!

smile.gif

Positive   

Previously posted by Jamaal -11

Nothing is the most powerful SOMETHING.

May be this song my summarise my point of view:

row, row, row your boat,

gently down the stream,

merrily, merrily, merrily,

Life is ..........A DREAM

If Life is a dream then what remains is Nothing. That NOTHING is pregnant and continuously gives birth to everything which is manifested in our reality and much MORE. Therefore the NOTHING has to be the most powerful something and is- the nothing- consequently the terminal station between God and His creation .

Positive

Paragon   

Quite right Positive, I'll keep rowing my boat down the stream gently then...

But the idea that nothing is the most powerful something is fascinating. Nothingness itself is host to other complexities of questions that if not asked carefully can lead one to the total oblivion of disbelief. It is one thing to see nothingness as something that is without mass or shape, and it is another to belief that everything that is something came into existence out of nothingness and by nothingness.

The argument can carry its weight on the very fact that nothingness is the absolute contrast of being, and thus the two are parallel. However, in my opinion, I do belief that the parallel existence of the two factors were themselves made veto look so by a higher supreme Being. I believe nothingness is most powerful for the basic fact that Allah can say ‘be’ and that everything will be from nothingness.

So, this means that we, human beings, may not comprehend in our imagination the possibility of nothingness becoming fleshed-up to form something. That is why we have faith in the One who created both factors and Allah alone is the possessor of such a power . It is a well-known fact that humanity, however clever or technologically advanced, has never succeeded in creating something from nothing.

The basic truth is that all these new inventions we are witnessing never were comprised of nothingness; they were and always be something. No man can claim to have created something out of nothingness. I think it is for this reason we can say much about nothingness because only our creator has the power to create something out of nothingness.

Positive   

Priviously posted by Jamaal-11

It is one thing to see nothingness as something that is without mass or shape, and it is another to belief that everything that is something came into existence out of nothingness and by nothingness.

You are right that the nothing has neither the power of self perpetuation nor the ability to create. The Nothing is rather a STATE through which the creative powers of God are project so that time/space and everything that occupies it can come into being. The nothing is not empty but is in fact a state of pure energy which has the characteristic of LIGHT and SOUND- the elemental parts of every creation.

The argument can carry its weight on the very fact that nothingness is the absolute contrast of being, and thus the two are parallel.

Well in my opinion the nothingness and being are not parallel but, although BEING is the PRIMARY factor, they are rather complementary and exist together. As human beings we are three in one and one in three: Soul that has a mind and a body- one in three. Or Soul, mind and body- three in one. Without a conscious and intelligent being who can become AWARE of a thing, in this case the Nothing, the existence of the thing has no meaning. All depends on the identity you choose ! Are you primarily a corporeal or spiritual being ?

I believe nothingness is most powerful for the basic fact that Allah can say ‘be’ and that everything will be from nothingness.

Correct !

In my opinion understanding the Nothingness leads to more understanding of both the creation and the CREATOR and therefore is worthwhile endeavor for everyone of us who is hungry for spiritual knowledge.

Positive

Asalaamu caleykum,

Blimey talk about being challenged i was bloody intellectually challenged just trying get the hang of whether or not what Sophist was saying was fiction or not. I would comment on the topic but 2 be quite honest i aint got the foggiest where 2 start...maybe i should stay well clear of these types of posts and leave it 2 the likes of the more sophisticated nomads .Jawww

Sophist   

Desert! Sophistication my dear is an attire that those who are naturaly naked try to cover themselves on! get my drift?

Above chaps, you guys are threading very dangerous paths-- careful or the light will go off!!! Walee inaad istebi like I once did!

BEAU_MEC   

Some very thought provoking posts here. Interesting reading...my conclusion : life is like an ice-cream eat it before it melts.

PS: still a novice to this forum but i'm liking what I see.

@ +

Sophist   

Hi there my fellow, welcome to the family. This is a place intended for men and women who have desire to cultivate their minds. As you can see some of us go thier way to indulge things that are bordering on metaphysics-- others are merely happy to be bland like I.

I am glad you like the place so far; have fun and share your thoughts-- some of us are getting old as time goes by and ideas are becoming tired as a result.

Sophist

Hi All,

I am new here and in the processes of whether I should move here from Somalinet or not. As some of you might be aware, at Somalinet forums, we are having flooding problems and our so-called moderators are not doing anything about it. Therefore, for the time being I will hang around both forums and see how it goes.

Some of the characters here as far as I can tell are members of Somalinet too. I am confused though, is Sophist and Farah the same person??? Any theories??

Sophists, could not you have come up within an original title for you short story other than using Jean-Paul Sartre title from his book, Being and Nothingness??

Just Cause

Sophist   

Just Cause, this is far more sophisticated forum in comparison to that wretched place Somnet. I would highly recomend you to join if you think you have what it takes--in terms of politeness, and being a good contributor to this highly regarded forum for the young Somalis in the diaspora.

Hi Sophist,

Thanks for the very cautious welcome and as you can tell I am already a member but the big question is do I want to hang around this place or not? Let me tell you something about me Sophist, I hate sophistication because is just another form of pretence.

Are you pissed cause I pointed out the title of your story is browed from Jean-Paul Sartre’s book Being and Nothingness; or are you pissed on the fact that I have a genuine question, is Farah and Sophist the same person! I would suggest that you answer these issues rather than saying do I have what it takes to post here or not. That my dear sophist is an issue, which only time will—given a choice though, I would rather post at the place you called ‘wretched’. Tell me, who regards this place highly and on who is rating it you or some other independent body?

Forever a working class hero,

Just Cause

P.S. If you happen to be Farah, I am still waiting for your piece on why you think experiment is not a good indicator of the truth. If you are not Farah, accept my sincere apologies.

BEAU_MEC   

Just Cause: I have to agree with you to some extent. Take everything with a pinch of salt. You may have noticed, but the language of communication here is Shakespearian english (dont ask me why). No disrespect to anybody.

But I guess this is the point of having such a forum, everyone expressing themselves as they wish. Makes life more colourful if you ask me.

Have a good day.

@+

Sophist   

Just Cause,

My dear boy I am not livid with you; and can not imagine where on earth you have got that from? My welcome was indeed a cautious one because of my suspicion of those who are true to somnet nature—that place has the most abominably vile Somalis I have had the displeasure to meet. Reason I have joined this place is due to the fact that it provides a medium of communication without offending anything that is sacred—religion, Allah and his Prophets; which of course in that wretched place has become the sports of the day. There is no thread that doesn’t contain some blasphemy.

My fellow, I don’t mean to annoy you but, who judges what is higher is the objective reality of things. What then SOL makes objectively better than Somnet;

These are some of the things:

1.absence of Foul language

2.Respect for Religion and Godly things

3.clean discussion

4.Diversity within the scope of rationality

5.Fresh and uncorrupted minds that fill these forums

And many more. I deem this place to be superior because of the above mentioned reasons.

Now the personal question? If Farah and Sophist the same person? Ooh well I shan’t indulge you further on this mate. You have to let your wondrous mind figure that out.

Cheerio

Viking   

Sophist,

You responded to someone earlier and commented about the so called "sophistication"...

"Desert! Sophistication my dear is an attire that those who are naturaly naked try to cover themselves on! get my drift?"

I agree with you 100% on that, but you then went ahead and contradicted yourself later on...

Just Cause, this is far more sophisticated forum in comparison to that wretched place Somnet. I would highly recomend you to join if you think you have what it takes--

Just like my mate Just Cause, I am also from that "wretched place" called Somalinet and naturally my question would be... Do you think that we (people from the wretched Somalinet) have what it takes to cover ourselves with an attire that we naturally don't possess?