Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

Population control is it racism?

Paragon   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

However, I stand by my earlier comments regarding racism and the victim culture. We don’t need to blame the West for trying to look after their interests when we don’t look after our own. If we look at the big picture then maybe the West would shoulder some of the blame for the state Africa (and many poor countries) are in.

That was righlty said. There is no need to dwell under the shadows of victimhood. Why shall a society play victim to the action of another, when it can take the same action and create victims? Perhaps we were instilled with the idea that the deserving role of our societies is victimhood. I think we need a change of mindset and conciousness.

NGONGE   

the birth rate in Kenya was 7 children per mother now it went down to 4 or 5, you would think this country is making process yeah. here is the clincher with the Aids/Hiv epidemic the death rate has increased therefore the balance is lost again.

I’m being a devils advocate here by the way. As a Muslim, I don’t agree with family planning and contraception. However, in reply to your words above, isn’t that the whole idea of family planning (population control is one part of it)? Isn’t the idea of all those contraceptives to do with reducing STDs and HIV?

Baashi   

It is one thing to talk about our failures, our lack of a sense of duty, civil wars, etc. It is another thing all together to absolve the culprits the role they play in our predicament.

BTW, the whole idea of contraceptives is to prevent impregnation. FYI family planning has nothing to do with preventing HIV and STD. Don’t breed if you can’t feed them...in a nutshell that is what it preaches.

Is it me or you are underestimating the immense power the west has over others? Many leaders wanted nothing but the best for their constituents but couldn’t effect a change! persuing what is right for you sometimes means denying the dominant power the monoply it has over that particular thing you are after...they get you one way or another and thatb is the sad part of it all.

A££alaama Allaikum

One thing that I can say for sure is that whatever a human is planning, the plan of the creator of the universe is greater. No-one brought a life into this universe, and none can take it away without the will of its Creator.

What i had in mind have already been said, so that is all i had to contribute.

Nabad.

NGONGE   

Baashi, I’m not trying to absolve the West of any wrongdoing. Colonisation, the cold war, debt and Western agricultural policies have all contributed to the third world (and Africa) being the way it is. This information is nothing new though, we all knew about it for years. My argument is that in order to change the statues queue, we first need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and sort our own house before turning our attention to the West. There is no point in wallowing in self-pity and saying there is nothing we can do. Of course there are things we can do. We can eradicate corruption; we can work towards improving our societies and our moral fibres. We have to change this image of Africa (naturally, I’m more concerned with Africa than the rest of the third world). Once these problems are sorted then maybe we’ll have a better chance of forcing/convincing the West to change its policies towards Africa.

By the way, dear old Tony Blair is promising to address the problems of Africa in his role as the president of the G8. If all his other projects are anything to go by then I’m not really holding much hope for success here too. It’s going to be more aid for those “poor” and backward Africans, again.

BTW, the whole idea of contraceptives is to prevent impregnation. FYI family planning has nothing to do with preventing HIV and STD. Don’t breed if you can’t feed them...in a nutshell that is what it preaches.

We’ll have to disagree on this point.